Flame Dash

Apart from the already mentioned issues with use of the skill (shift), the only real issue I'm having is the use of the words 'teleport' and 'wake'.

If you teleport you leave no wake, if you leave a wake you travelled, you didn't teleport.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Aug 4, 2015, 3:30:37 AM
i think i might have found a bug when using flame dash.

The bug is regarding changing levels on a tile set, say City of Sarn (where i found this bug) if you use flame dash to change to the lower level the sound effect played is super loud versus going up a level or using flame dash on flat ground, honestly i am in tempest league and it scared the crap out of me the first time this happened.

its a substantial difference in skill noise level and if it were made more uniform it would be much appreciated.
"
sfangwb wrote:
Only thing I have to say about Flame Dash is that the targeting is a little bit wonky. If you don't shift-click and click out of the skill's maximum range, you walk over before teleporting. This can be kind of clunky in the middle of chaotic fights. Consider just making your character just teleport the maximum range in the direction clicked if the player clicks outside of the skill's range.

Aside from that, it does what it's supposed to do. No complaints.
1000% agree please make it like this
I am currently playing a dual totem flame dash + searing bond character.

The issue I am having is the AI or the logic of the totems when they attack an enemy. When they target an enemy they will dash directly to the target, as would a lightning warp, however the more optimal thing that the totem could do is to dash through the target to the maximum distance leaving the largest area of burning ground.

I dislike how the totem's current actions make it go the shortest distance possible to the nearest target, It makes it so that they are severely inefficient when otherwise they could possibly be decent for utility on searing bond.

"
sfangwb wrote:
Only thing I have to say about Flame Dash is that the targeting is a little bit wonky. If you don't shift-click and click out of the skill's maximum range, you walk over before teleporting. This can be kind of clunky in the middle of chaotic fights. Consider just making your character just teleport the maximum range in the direction clicked if the player clicks outside of the skill's range.

Agreed completely. I would love to see a 15-25% range increase on the Flame Dash too though.

Also, I keep noticing very uncomfortable behaviour of the skill when it has no charges: pressing the hotkey forces your character to stop, try casting it and fail. Please, make it so while there are no charges on the Flame Dash, pressing its hotkey does nothing!
Last edited by Vanarchy on Aug 21, 2015, 5:49:12 PM
"
KaiSong wrote:
I am currently playing a dual totem flame dash + searing bond character.

The issue I am having is the AI or the logic of the totems when they attack an enemy. When they target an enemy they will dash directly to the target, as would a lightning warp, however the more optimal thing that the totem could do is to dash through the target to the maximum distance leaving the largest area of burning ground.

I dislike how the totem's current actions make it go the shortest distance possible to the nearest target, It makes it so that they are severely inefficient when otherwise they could possibly be decent for utility on searing bond.

how about the cooldown when using totem? do they stop working after 3 dash and have to wait 3 secs? if you recast the totem will it refresh the cd?

edit: and if you cast two flame dash totem will they have their own cd?
Last edited by draygourn on Aug 25, 2015, 12:44:20 AM
Maximum range is too low, in most cases (harvest rivers, kaom's path terraces, dried lake high grounds) skill can't reach destination and just perform cast at minimum distance (almost 'in place')

Since last patch it feels 'broken'.

-
With current mechanic this skill is close to useless, it can't cross obstacles unlike Lightning Warp, it can't move in the straight line unlike Whirling Blades. There is no niche between these two skills. Please, increase range or remove cooldown.

Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Sep 6, 2015, 10:13:13 AM
Range is too low now, doesn't deserve to be limited by charges at this range.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
I'm wondering why the range got nerfed by that much...
I mean you can't even get over the broken bridges in riverways, even when the distance is pretty low :/
Example
d
Last edited by Jennik on Dec 11, 2015, 10:10:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info