Flame Dash

The state of the game is that attack-based skills are vastly superior to spells. Even attack-based movement skills trumps spell-based ones: Whirling Blade is very similar to Flame Dash but that one doesn't have a damn cool-down. It even gets to apply fortify... like WTF GGG...
"
Genmaicha wrote:
The state of the game is that attack-based skills are vastly superior to spells. Even attack-based movement skills trumps spell-based ones: Whirling Blade is very similar to Flame Dash but that one doesn't have a damn cool-down. It even gets to apply fortify... like WTF GGG...

that's true. flame dash cooldown makes it unbearable.
reduce the base cooldown to 1.5 second so we can reduce it to 0.60.it will still be very very bad.

some move skills can perform 5 or more movements when flamedash didn't allow us to move once. WTF

ADD a support gem : cooldown recovery
It might just be me, but I think something was done to Flame Dash, it has become less reliable and harder to control in 3.7.

Maybe there's a change in the cast delay or maybe it's the casting while moving and animation cancelling issues interacting, but I find that I double cast the skill quite often, sometimes only end up covering the distance of a single cast. This wasn't a problem in 3.6, with an almost identical character set-up and network setting/latency.

Anyone else encountering something similar?
"
liefdes wrote:
Anyone else encountering something similar?

That's the terrible new action queuing system at work. Your cast speed is low enough that the key you press for Flame Dash exceeds it sometimes (like .25 cast time, .3 sec button press). This causes an extra Flame Dash to queue up after the first. It's awful and makes the skill unplayable. All you can do is hope GGG fixes their mistake soon.
Reposting from bug forum:

So I love the new insta-cast on the first cast upgrade of Flame Dash. However, it is very difficult now to cast flame dash only once, and an automatic unintentional second cast actually slows the skill down and messes up gameplay.

Is there any way to introduce just the tiniest bit of enforced downtime after the first cast before you can cast a second time? I would guess even .05-.1 seconds would do the trick.

My thanks for even taking a look at it. This is a very very small issue but it is slowly driving me nuts.

-O
Reposting from bug forum:

So I love the new insta-cast on the first cast upgrade of Flame Dash. However, it is very difficult now to cast flame dash only once, and an automatic unintentional second cast actually slows the skill down and messes up gameplay.

Is there any way to introduce just the tiniest bit of enforced downtime after the first cast before you can cast a second time? I would guess even .05-.1 seconds would do the trick.

My thanks for even taking a look at it. This is a very very small issue but it is slowly driving me nuts.

-O
"
Orion72 wrote:

This is a very very small issue but it is slowly driving me nuts.

I agree, just changed builds because of this.
For a temp fix, I removed faster casting from my links and now it works really well. For science I note that it was unreliable with a .33 cast time and becomes largely reliable with a .48 cast time.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Jun 15, 2019, 12:27:17 AM
Hi di ho

can someone explain me why it doesnt make no dmg anymore ? dunno why.
tested with and without links same as my gear

edit: glacial hammer too :(
holy totems works and stone golem too but the rest... not
Hi GGG,

I found an "infernal Blade, Runedager" with the implicit "Trigger level 30 Flame Dash when you use a socketed skill".

I noticed several issues that are most likely unintended.

Some skills don't trigger the flame dash:
-Viper strike (Namelocking Attacks)
-Enduring Cry (War Cries)
-Blade Vortex
-Convocation
-Tempest Shield
-Steelskin

All these skills do not target a "location" and therefor not trigger a Flame Dash.

A smaller (probably intended) issue I found is that Flame dash is triggered the moment you push the button, the character finishes the cast after the dash. The game is still aiming at the old "location" instead of the "direction" the player is intending to use the skill . This makes it extremely clunky to use for all projectiles. It forces you hold your cursor an entire flame dash away from your character in order to properly use it with all skills that have "travel distance".

Overall i'm excited for the experimental dagger.
Bad Seed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info