Flame Dash

Movement is life.

During past few leagues I've had the feeling — there is something wrong with flame dash. Finally I have time to test the thing:
Spoiler
Ultomato is so great I don't remember when I had so much spare time what a steal
118% cast speed FD
Lockstep (auto) 38ms latency Frankfurt realm
60 fps video recording mode
set of 35 Dashes in batches of 5
Spoiler

Each teleport always takes 24 frames or 0.4 second.
This means the skill either has 0.87s base cast time instead of the listed 0.7s or my character somehow missing 43% cast speed (75% instead of 118%)
The dash with the stats should have take 19.266 (20) frames not solid 24.

At 118% cast speed Flame Dash currently works at 37% lower speed than it suppose to those two server frames which are allocated for sync for some reason are paid with player's time.
Spoiler
At this point the post would be a finalized bug report which you'd never proceed.
Please consider to take steps to improve the skill synchronization algorithm. The way it works currently is just plain wrong and very reminiscent to pre 3.9.0 Lightning Warp band aid fix.
The behavior would be acceptable "lesser evil" choice if the extra server sync frame (the one that eating my character cast speed) would actually work on Predictive mode or in a high latency server instance. But it doesn't!
The skill is non-usable if the latency is higher than 100ms. It repeatedly randomly re-sync the character at wrong place or teleports twice on client and once on server causing short rollback.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Jul 12, 2021, 5:26:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info