Flame Dash

Even playing on my Fire Based Builds I also agree the skill's targeting is annoying. Lightning Warp has about the same "delay" to trigger and doesn't have Charges. Although the few things I really like about it is how you can also use it to bypass cliffs as well and you see the flame trail look like it did scale up/down the cliff.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
the only things bothering me:
1. "targeting" pls change it that, if you click outside the range, dash to max range
2. remove charges?
"
rz2yoj wrote:
"
jerkan7 wrote:
"
sfangwb wrote:
Only thing I have to say about Flame Dash is that the targeting is a little bit wonky. If you don't shift-click and click out of the skill's maximum range, you walk over before teleporting. This can be kind of clunky in the middle of chaotic fights. Consider just making your character just teleport the maximum range in the direction clicked if the player clicks outside of the skill's range.

Aside from that, it does what it's supposed to do. No complaints.

100% agree

200% agree

+1

Would be an amazing skill, but is too unreliable as an escape to be considered for my main movement skill. Back to Leap Slam for now.
Look, man. Video games are hard, okay?
just poppin in here to say this shit is FUCKIN OP plz fix thanks... IT CAN CROSS THE BARRICADED ZONE IN UPPER PRISON BEFORE BRUTUS WHERE YOU MEET PIETY! You can run past piety before she's done talking to you! :P

Leap slam and lightning warp could never go through that zone...
"
biyte wrote:
just poppin in here to say this shit is FUCKIN OP plz fix thanks... IT CAN CROSS THE BARRICADED ZONE IN UPPER PRISON BEFORE BRUTUS WHERE YOU MEET PIETY! You can run past piety before she's done talking to you! :P

Leap slam and lightning warp could never go through that zone...

hehe that's nice. you should kill piety where she stands. then you wouldn't have to see her again in act 3 and 4 :)
Does a lot more damage than I first realized, though I can't see ever using this for its damage.

By far the biggest problem is the same as everyone else says - that if you cast it targeting outside the max range, your character walks until in range. It should just cast in that direction instantly.

I would love to see the charges go away, but it isn't a huge deal.

Also, please don't fix jumping over the fence where Piety is in the Prison. I've been hoping for a skill that lets you do that forever because having to walk all the way around is tedious and silly. I'd much rather you let Lightning Warp and Leap Slam do the same.
Echoing what almost all the others have already said: please make the shift-click-behaviour the default behaviour. Otherwise, this skill is brilliant. Finally a good, quick movement ability that actually does solid damage to boot.

It combos very nicely with flameblast - the moment you want to terminate your attack, you can dash through your targets for added damage and/or safety. It is very useful on bosses, too. Since they rarely leave you with enough time to actually attack them between dodging their stuff, having an ability that dodges and damages at the same time is very helpful. I killed the Oversoul mainly by dashing through it repeatedly when it was "up".
When I heard of a new fire based teleport skill, I was skeptical. I mean, lightning warp was working great for me. I could even stomach the change of reduced duration to less duration. But this skill right out of the box does a better job than lightning warp does. The burning ground is also an awesome effect that I have decided to scale with increased burning damage. It's almost like a miniature searing bond on someone I target. I just love that because I scale a bit of fire damage and burning ground is great for stopping ES recharge.

What I don't like has already been stated, and thats the targetting structure. If you don't shift click, the ability doesn't always activate immediately -- it tries to make you walk first. This is disastrous and has gotten me pinned in packs. Also with the shift click behavior I can actually get a better range than what the skill would normally suggest (by the auto walking). I think this behavior needs to be adjusted so it acts more like whirling blades -- even if that means a set distance every time just for the sake of fluidity.

The charges I find manageable because I don't use it to travel the entire map, only when I need to, which makes the 3 second cool down on charges hardly noticeable. Although I'm not sure why it needs charges to begin with -- the primary function is a movement skill, not an attack.

A final note, and this may be an issue with lockstep mode, is sometimes I get two successive flame dashes when I only thought I input the skill command once.

Already managed to 20Q mine, and am still loving it.
Very nice skill, as for me it's most pleasant addition in 2.0 so far.

- Sound effect is too loud when dashing from high-ground.
- base cast speed is too low, it should be 0.65 - 0.6 to feels completely comfort.
- some weird behaviour when dashing to offscreen while chasing namelocked target.
Last edited by EFBBBF on Jul 19, 2015, 7:06:08 AM
Really cool addition, it's nice to have fire themed movement/teleport skill.

I feel that a range is too short. It's impossible to cross bigger gaps that you could cross with blink arrow, lightning Warp or leap slam with no problems.

The sound effect is sometimes too loud.

It's probably unintended, but you can teleport to Piety in upper prison.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info