(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

How does the Curse on Hit works linked with Warlord's Mark.

Because i haven't see the curse working in the monsters...
Playing this right now and its a joy being able to tank mobs that kill me on almost every other build I've made. GG Lighty
We took a lot of pro gamers and tuned the content to the point where they thought it was challenging... then we doubled it. - Jay Wilson
"
iUndeadWalker wrote:

You need to link the Warlord's Mark and Curse on Hit with either an attack or spell. The curse will be cast when the attack or spell hits a monster. Vengeance is best since it makes you hit monsters while not having to stop cycloning. So link up Vengeance - Curse on Hit - Warlord's Mark.

I prefer (low-level) Cast When Damage Taken though, as it also works against ranged mobs (and most bosses are ranged) and procs hundred percent of the time.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
"
scrooge999 wrote:
"
iUndeadWalker wrote:

You need to link the Warlord's Mark and Curse on Hit with either an attack or spell. The curse will be cast when the attack or spell hits a monster. Vengeance is best since it makes you hit monsters while not having to stop cycloning. So link up Vengeance - Curse on Hit - Warlord's Mark.

I prefer (low-level) Cast When Damage Taken though, as it also works against ranged mobs (and most bosses are ranged) and procs hundred percent of the time.

Oh nice! Ty for the tip
"
sebasm wrote:
Got back to the game after 1 year, it's soo awesome!

Been following this build and having great fun with it, lvl 65 now and after I upgraded my weapon I am rocking through Merci, upgrading the other crap as I go.

Build

Gear

Now, I gotta ask, are the aura points really worth it? Or is that only super-late game when you can run Haste, Hatred and Ash at once? I am asking because right now I'm feeling like I'd be better off just spending points on other close-by nodes: scion hp wheel, Marauder resists and some damage.

Thank you for the awesome guide!

Welcome back first off and thank you. For auras just run hatred + herald of ash/haste and don't invest into any aura nodes until around 85+ or whenever you feel you can afford the investment. Prioritize your survival over everything as dying later on is very painful, -10% exp tooo real.
LightyGaming.com
"
NYCTOM84 wrote:
This is an awesome build, I'm doing 15K DPS at level 66 with just herald of ash. Merciless feels like normal with this build.

I'm new to PoE so this might be a dumb newb question. I got lucky and got Kaoms Primacy from a chest drop. From what I understand level 58 and up items are 6S craft-able. For some reason when attempting to use a jeweller orb I get a message FAILED: item already has maximum number of sockets at 5S. What am I missing here? I would really like to try and get 6S 6L so I can use bloodrage.

Thanks and good work so far! No questions are dumb but your gona feel dumb after this, if its saying it has max sockets at 5 and its not 6 sockets its because its item level is below 50 which is odd I admit because its a lv58 weapon. Hold alt over it and it will display its item level if its under lv 50 you cant 6s it which is a bummer but you can use the Vorici forsaken master to guarantee a 6s on an item at level 6 for 350x Jeweler's Orb. If that's to expensive you could always buy a new kaoms primacy and make sure its above ilevel 50 by asking the seller or holding alt over the item when he links it to make sure.

Sockets - Item level

1________1
2________1
3________15
4________28
5________35
6________50
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Jul 17, 2015, 1:41:56 PM
"
scrooge999 wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Xavori wrote:
Is it really worth going for Sovereignty and Champion of the Cause in the skill tree to run a third reserved skill? It costs you at least 10 points on the tree, assuming you've gone far enough towards Templar to take Devotion, and it seems like you would get a lot more out of other nodes.

Its the last thing you should be getting and if you feel like you want more life I suggest going towards the life wheel and getting most/all of it. Haste is a luxury when mapping and not required by any means.

I did not know that and already took the Sovereignty wheel at level 58. I'm having a bit of mana problems already, so I'm going to respec that wheel and the nodes leading to it for either the Essence Sap wheel, the Mana Flows wheel or the Revelry wheel (as well as some life and damage). Which one do you think is the best for this build?

well the best thing is to run the bloodmagic support gem on cyclone, there isn't any real benefit to run a mana based cyclone but mana flows and revelry would be the only 2 notables I would get if I would go mana based, that and Elreon jewelry.
LightyGaming.com
"
iUndeadWalker wrote:

If you want to run a curse setup there are only three viable ways to go about it.

Cast when damage taken lv1 + lv5 [20 quality preferably] warlords mark [lv5 because cwdt cant cast spells over required lv31 and that's lv5 for warlords mark]

Manually casting Warlords mark at the highest level you can run it

Vengeance + Curse on Hit + Warlords Mark [highest level possible] which will have your vengeance counterattack automatically apply the supported curse [warlords mark] onto anything it hits.
LightyGaming.com
"
moxjet2002 wrote:
Playing this right now and its a joy being able to tank mobs that kill me on almost every other build I've made. GG Lighty

LightyGaming.com
"
scrooge999 wrote:
"
iUndeadWalker wrote:

^ This ^

At lv1 cwdt will proc when you take 528 damage which is nothing so basically it will cast the supported spells [curses] often
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info