(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
@Kountry
With bloodrage nerf will you still use it in 2.0? and if so should you spec more into LL in passive tree? Or use a LGoH with cyclone. Thank you.

I will be using it because of how frenzy charges function now and how the attack speed bonus is applied at any life amount. Most likely it will be linked with [ Bloodrage - Phase Run - Increased Duration -Enhance/Bloodmagic ]. Lgoh is very strong early on and lowlevel mapping but falls off very hard when you get to 76+ maps on live and id imagine its even worse in beta when monsters will hit 2-3x harder. The opnly lifeleech investment I have on the tree is the small amounts in individual weapon clusters. Potentially I will have 4%(oldvlaue) on weapons and 2%(oldvalue) on gloves along with bloodrage.
LightyGaming.com
Is it just me,or are you only using one jewel socket on your build, which really doesn't hit very many other slots?
Hey Lighty. First things first, the presentation of everything is fantastic. Well done on the splash page here on the forums and the google doc - looks really professional and makes all the aspects of the build really easy to find and access. Props on including multiple chars/weapon types.

Gonna use cyclone in the new warbands league and I've never played cyclone before because of the desync. Just came back to POE within the month and converted my marauder to mana from BM which really opened up a lot of DPS and better gem optimization so I think i'm going to follow suit with cyclone, especially with the reduction of cyclone's mana cost and the elreon jewlery available. I dropped one aura on my maurader (using hatred and HoA w/Inc Burning) but was able to add another support gem to Ground slam.

The reason I'm thinking of speccing mana is solely because in the new warbands league a 4L is probably the best gear I'll have for a while and I feel like the core gem setup is cyclone - melee phys - conc/inc AOE - faster attacks. Not using blood magic really increases the DPS in a 4L item

My mana based cyclone build:

Wasn't sure whether to take Unwavering Stance or not. Tried to take some increased mana nodes as well as reduced mana cost nodes to be able to run at least 2 auras with plenty of mana in reserve for cyclone. With a bit of mana leech on jewlery I think it should be entirely doable and fun to try out. I don't know much about the jewels yet in 2.0 but in multiple areas I'm about 2 skill points away from a jewel opening so i figure I can easily spec into them as we learn a little more about them and how available they'll be. Depending on how much mana leech I have and how mana management goes I will spec out of revelry and some other increased mana nodes or into more mana nodes such as Righteous decree and Mana Flows as needed. Like another poster said the revelry cluster is more accessible and interesting because of how quickly cyclone hits. Just some ideas on how a mana build could play out and i'm pretty stoked to test it out.

Never played cyclone so thanks for turning me onto the skill for 2.0! If you have any spare time I was curious if you could shed a couple words on how IAS scales (aka picking up beserking late game) with cyclone and if you have any opinions about the new hematophagy leech cluster. Seems a bit out of the way but I havent been able to find much discussion on the cluster and if it's worth it at all or just stick to some leech on gear
Last edited by kamcnult on Jul 8, 2015, 8:43:19 PM
Last edited by Biscos on Nov 17, 2016, 7:42:04 PM
After making it to 77, First "high level" toon, while cyclone Rt is clearing well, I have issues due to low level gear and the normal jazz of new players. At what point if any would you consider going loosing Rt and going into some crit/crit multi?

I am going to try this in the new challenge leagues, cyclone/Ice crash depending on how each plays out.

Spoiler

these are my best pieces :/
Last edited by badwilly on Jul 8, 2015, 10:38:58 PM
"
shinino wrote:
Is it just me,or are you only using one jewel socket on your build, which really doesn't hit very many other slots?

You are correct, i'm most likely going to be taking 3 other jewel slots totaling in 6 passives points which is highly effective given how powerful a rare jewel can be for 2H RT Cyclone. Im waiting to see if any changes to the passive tree are made in the next 2 days before revising them all. On the day of release (July10th) I will have every passive tree updated with mana and blood magic variations, 4-5 jewel slots in total (class dependent).
LightyGaming.com
"
kamcnult wrote:
Hey Lighty. First things first, the presentation of everything is fantastic. Well done on the splash page here on the forums and the google doc - looks really professional and makes all the aspects of the build really easy to find and access. Props on including multiple chars/weapon types.

Gonna use cyclone in the new warbands league and I've never played cyclone before because of the desync. Just came back to POE within the month and converted my marauder to mana from BM which really opened up a lot of DPS and better gem optimization so I think i'm going to follow suit with cyclone, especially with the reduction of cyclone's mana cost and the elreon jewlery available. I dropped one aura on my maurader (using hatred and HoA w/Inc Burning) but was able to add another support gem to Ground slam.

The reason I'm thinking of speccing mana is solely because in the new warbands league a 4L is probably the best gear I'll have for a while and I feel like the core gem setup is cyclone - melee phys - conc/inc AOE - faster attacks. Not using blood magic really increases the DPS in a 4L item

My mana based cyclone build:

Wasn't sure whether to take Unwavering Stance or not. Tried to take some increased mana nodes as well as reduced mana cost nodes to be able to run at least 2 auras with plenty of mana in reserve for cyclone. With a bit of mana leech on jewlery I think it should be entirely doable and fun to try out. I don't know much about the jewels yet in 2.0 but in multiple areas I'm about 2 skill points away from a jewel opening so i figure I can easily spec into them as we learn a little more about them and how available they'll be. Depending on how much mana leech I have and how mana management goes I will spec out of revelry and some other increased mana nodes or into more mana nodes such as Righteous decree and Mana Flows as needed. Like another poster said the revelry cluster is more accessible and interesting because of how quickly cyclone hits. Just some ideas on how a mana build could play out and i'm pretty stoked to test it out.

Never played cyclone so thanks for turning me onto the skill for 2.0! If you have any spare time I was curious if you could shed a couple words on how IAS scales (aka picking up beserking late game) with cyclone and if you have any opinions about the new hematophagy leech cluster. Seems a bit out of the way but I havent been able to find much discussion on the cluster and if it's worth it at all or just stick to some leech on gear

Thanks for the support , its much appreciated. To you point about mana it will be extremely viable to run cyclone on mana with a 4-5 link. For the passive tree the most optimal spots for mana will be Mana flows and Revelry near the duelist area. Dynamo is strictly inferior to righteous decree and personally I doubt either will be worth it. In most scenario's you wont be having to use cyclone for more then a few seconds in a row, which allows for downtime for your mana to regen, So assuming you can cyclone for 5-7 seconds that should be more than enough for mapping and boss farming in a newer league, not even taking into considering the possibility of having mana leech on gloves ect. Elreon jewelry is highly beneficial for cyclone but attaining decent-good -8 elreon rings,ammys can be very difficulty early on and requires potential regaling and elreon crafting to be useful when mapping. I will have a Mana tree variation for each class and weapon type up within 30 minutes of the official passive tree gets release ( in case any last minutes changes are made on ggg's behalf ).
LightyGaming.com
"
badwilly wrote:
After making it to 77, First "high level" toon, while cyclone Rt is clearing well, I have issues due to low level gear and the normal jazz of new players. At what point if any would you consider going loosing Rt and going into some crit/crit multi?

I am going to try this in the new challenge leagues, cyclone/Ice crash depending on how each plays out.

Spoiler

these are my best pieces :/

Aight so first off, if your having issues with "low level gear" and being generally speaking "broke" crit cyclone is going to be almost impossible. The gear and level investment required to make a functioning crit build is normall 10-15 more levels and 5x the gear cost. The main draw of blood magic rt cyclone is that you get to create alot of deadstatss for yourself. Basically anything mana, accuracy, anything crit are all useless so its easier to find good gear because what is good for us would be consider less desirable for other. As far as what point to convert to crit, lv 85ish. when you have 40% crit and 90% accuracy with vaal pact on a 5link. Before than the risk will outway the reward when mapping. Staff cyclone/icecrash crit is good, very good infact. Staves have some of the better crit nodes in desirable places, it will just take you more time to get the crit cyclone engine running, especially in a new league. Abyssus is Best in slot for any cyclone build and would be my first purchase in warbands, considering its not hardcore that is.
LightyGaming.com
"
yankalalala wrote:
Just some questions since I'll be doing a cyclone build on my marauder after 2.0.
How do you think it'll be with the life leech nerf? Would you say Lgoh > ll?

Also, would you consider it stupid to sacrifise some notes to get Iron reflexes?
Last question, what is your opinion on jewel sockets? Is it enough with one as you took,
or wouldnt it be more beneficial taking more even though the cost of the notes,
since they can be quiet good? Thanks in advance if you bother replying.

I will ALWAYS reply to any post on anything with my name on it, I check all my shit 24/7.
Jewels are overpowered for cyclone and melee in general, if you can afford to roll them well. There are 4-5 within reach of the basic cyclone tree that I suggest getting. The last iteration of the tree will be updated 30 minutes after there released ( in case ggg changes anything last minute ). Iron reflexes is maybe worth it only because bloodrage deals physical damage now. With the new bloodrage I would suggest running that and lgoh until you feel its not performing well enough in single target situations, Most likely in higher level maps. The higher your damage the more enticing life leech is, so for starting off in a new league, lgoh will be your best bet.
LightyGaming.com
for simplicity sake, would you run Blooddance Boots as opposed to Bloodrage?
to maintain frenzy charges?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info