(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
badwilly wrote:
for simplicity sake, would you run Blooddance Boots as opposed to Bloodrage?
to maintain frenzy charges?

Welllll on live atm my bloodrage lasts 30 seconds (linked to increased duration) and frenzy charge gathering is never an issue. In beta I believe its now 25% chance to gain a frenzy via bloodrage, but the bloodrages dps increase is much more than before. It grants attack speed flat out and frenzy charges give 4% damage instead of 4% attack/cast speed. Soooo I highly doubt keeping bloodrage up and frenzy charges maintained will be an issue but blooddance inst a BAD idea. If you have capped resistances and enough life, why not both. Effectively you'll be getting 26% move speed and -9% attack speed but 12% increased damage. The main draw of blooddance for me is the 1% life regen per charge, but in the end a well rolled rare boot or atziri steps even will outperform blood dance. Maybe if there corrupted for +1 frenzy charge, maybe.
LightyGaming.com
"
Jewels are overpowered for cyclone and melee in general, if you can afford to roll them well. There are 4-5 within reach of the basic cyclone tree that I suggest getting

Thanks for the reply Lighty. Didn't really take into account the short amount of time spent cycloning for the average mob so i'll definitely have to look into/adjust the tree. Just to expand on your jewel statement that's one of the reasons I'm really happy with the cyclone build. It seems like a scion has some advantages with the easy access to 3 jewels based on all the CRAZY stats jewels can roll if you can alt spam them enough before a regal. I'm probably going to save the big life circle/cluster until max levels and just take constitution because many of the other life nodes can be made up by gems if I'm short on life.

I think access to many jewels will be a huge part of 2.0 builds, especially top tier rare jewels, which is why i think this build will be able to stay viable for a good amount of time and easily continue to grow.
"
kamcnult wrote:
"
Jewels are overpowered for cyclone and melee in general, if you can afford to roll them well. There are 4-5 within reach of the basic cyclone tree that I suggest getting

Thanks for the reply Lighty. Didn't really take into account the short amount of time spent cycloning for the average mob so i'll definitely have to look into/adjust the tree. Just to expand on your jewel statement that's one of the reasons I'm really happy with the cyclone build. It seems like a scion has some advantages with the easy access to 3 jewels based on all the CRAZY stats jewels can roll if you can alt spam them enough before a regal. I'm probably going to save the big life circle/cluster until max levels and just take constitution because many of the other life nodes can be made up by gems if I'm short on life.

I think access to many jewels will be a huge part of 2.0 builds, especially top tier rare jewels, which is why i think this build will be able to stay viable for a good amount of time and easily continue to grow.

yeah jewels for physical builds seems maybe a little/alot overpowered and I foresee some changes to come. But overall scion is in a very nice spot when it comes to jewels. I believe I added all the best possible rolls/outcomes for rare jewel crafting in the jewel section of the guide. By day 1 I will most likely have 2-3 perfect rare jewels crafted as I've stockpiled over 15k alts, 1000 scours and regals for jewel crafting alone. Should be fun and I will record/make a video guide about jewel crafting for the build hopefully during the first week.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Jul 9, 2015, 12:22:52 AM
Should be a good time! Seems like nearly any nodes/stats lacking in a tree can be made up by jewels with enough alterations. Stumbled upon your stream/youtube channel so I'll have to come check out the spammage. Good luck on the day 1 crazyness man
"
kamcnult wrote:
Should be a good time! Seems like nearly any nodes/stats lacking in a tree can be made up by jewels with enough alterations. Stumbled upon your stream/youtube channel so I'll have to come check out the spammage. Good luck on the day 1 crazyness man

Much appreciated, should be fun balancing Warbands & Standards guide while streaming and making videos :p
LightyGaming.com
By the end of the week based on the amount of sleep you'll probably get you'll be looking like your avatar to the right! Super helpful stuff though, and really having a flushed out build to allow me to tweak and just have a good baseline saves me so much time/efficiency since I don't have tons of time after work. I'll pop over to the stream to make sure and give a bit of support for your time.

Is it still best with cyclone to try and have frequent short casts close to your character so you get the initial damage proc as often as possible?
"
kamcnult wrote:
By the end of the week based on the amount of sleep you'll probably get you'll be looking like your avatar to the right! Super helpful stuff though, and really having a flushed out build to allow me to tweak and just have a good baseline saves me so much time/efficiency since I don't have tons of time after work. I'll pop over to the stream to make sure and give a bit of support for your time.

Is it still best with cyclone to try and have frequent short casts close to your character so you get the initial damage proc as often as possible?

Always apprecaited the support!

Now-a-days with dysnce a thing of the past cyclone functions like a normal melee skill although it targets a location over enemy. Because of this there isn't any need to use a gimmicky method such as spamming your characters location as before, although it still works since I last tried it in beta.
LightyGaming.com

will this work with this build in 2.0?
IGN: TeamForDead
SRS all day everyday!!!
Don't you dare nerf my spirits again :(
Hi there.

I want to thank you for the time and effort you put in this guide.

After a break from PoE of about 2 years I will try this build tomorrow.
"

Hello,
im going to play cyclone build on hc league. could you give me some advice?

is it good passives tree? should i use grace/determination?
will have lack of dmg?maybe i should take a lot of endurance charges. and how mitigate dmg in 2.0 (without cwdt-enduring cry), i dont play beta^^

Your english is wonderful!
In HC you would like to acheiv 200% Life is possible and kaoms or belly of the beast helps alot with that. For the passive tree dont underestimate how OP jewels are for melee builds, there often valued at 3-4 passive points each for a decently rolled rare. The main form of mitigation for cyclone and melee in general is fortify and an easy way to apply it is either have it linked in your main cyclone setup or linked to vengeance for counter-attacking.

Updated Passive Tree
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecEswUtB3ULYQ3NFCAUTRZvFy8YkRo4GlUcziFVJKonCycgJy8rUCz7MZ41kjXWNug26TwFQKBFCka3R35N41BHVdZYr1nzXhNfP2EhZOdlTWZUZp5nm2jybztyD3KpdO12rHgNeWh673zZgKSDtoTZhO-G0YdqiO2KIpBVkGyUb5_LogCmV6cwqSepbqmUqfqsqq4-r2yvp7XyvJ-9Nr6nvrzAGsBmwKbBBMT2xq7PftNv2L3awdw94e_jauRR6hjvDu9O73zwH_TG9zL60vxL_lT-jw==
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Jul 9, 2015, 2:21:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info