(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
xmh911111 wrote:

will this work with this build in 2.0?

Yeah that's an awesome weapon for 2h RT cyclone and even a crit variation if you decide to change down the road.
LightyGaming.com
"
Diggleer wrote:
Hi there.

I want to thank you for the time and effort you put in this guide.

After a break from PoE of about 2 years I will try this build tomorrow.

Much appreciated. There's going to be plenty of updates for the build within the first 2 hours of awakening's release so let me know if you have any questions I haven't answered after tomorrow.
LightyGaming.com
I've been playing Cyclone builds since the skill was introduced and I play only in HC.

This is axe cyclone build and you can't make a better one for Awakening. Best rounded build you can have. If you play in scrubcore... sure different story.

Main links for beginning are Cyclone + Melee phys + Blood magic + Life gain on hit. You don't need anything else until you get 5L.

P.S. Unwavering stance is so stupid with cyclone. You can't be stunned in the first place while cycloning, secondly you have tons of life and some armor and on top of that you sacrifice 2 points and a chance to evade attacks.

To compare our builds:

Spoiler
My build:
Rampart nodes for stronger Fortify
15% reduced mana cost
2,6% more life regen (0,8% with 4 endurance charges)
8% more life
96% more base armor
1.2% more life leech with all other bonuses like more damage while leeching and leech effectiveness.

Your build:
3% more physical damage
20% chaos res
+12% to all res
4% more area radius
14% reduced mana reserved (does it make a difference?)
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
Last edited by hellzer on Jul 9, 2015, 3:47:34 PM
"
hellzer wrote:
I've been playing Cyclone builds since the skill was introduced and I play only in HC.

This is axe cyclone build and you can't make a better one for Awakening. Best rounded build you can have. If you play in scrubcore... sure different story.

Main links for beginning are Cyclone + Melee phys + Blood magic + Life gain on hit. You don't need anything else until you get 5L.

P.S. Unwavering stance is so stupid with cyclone. You can't be stunned in the first place while cycloning, secondly you have tons of life and some armor and on top of that you sacrifice 2 points and a chance to evade attacks.

Looks like a very nice and safe build for hardcore. I personally don't mind sacrificing my 18% chance to evade for stun immunity although I encourage everyone to tailor the build to there own personal play-style. I feel that your underestimating the value of jewels for melee given most slots are two points away and can offer 2-4 points worth of effective "value".
LightyGaming.com
"
Abysssss wrote:
"
hellzer wrote:

Looks like a very nice and safe build for hardcore. I personally don't mind sacrificing my 18% chance to evade for stun immunity although I encourage everyone to tailor the build to there own personal play-style. I feel that your underestimating the value of jewels for melee given most slots are two points away and can offer 2-4 points worth of effective "value".

I updated my post and added stat comparison between our builds.
1. You are using cyclone all the time, you cannot be stunned. So why waste those points on US when you also sacrifice so much evasion?
2. You have access to 4 jewel sockets, I have access to 3. But I doubt you will reach level 100 to be able to take all 4. Unless you meant why I did not pick 2nd and 3rd jewel sockets? Answer would be, first lets get the jewels then we will unlock the sockets. Your build also doesn't have those sockets on the passive tree.
Anyways, not even sure what you meant by those jewels. :D
Last edited by hellzer on Jul 9, 2015, 3:29:18 PM
"
1. You are using cyclone all the time, you cannot be stunned. So why waste those points on US when you also sacrifice so much evasion?
2. You have access to 4 jewel sockets, I have access to 3. But I doubt you will reach level 100 to be able to take all 4.

Yeah for the aura reservation with the 18% (champion of the cause) and lv3 enlighten you can run hatred-haste-HoA with 100% mana reserved. or no champion and lv4 enlighten. That is only for bloodmagic users so for mana based cyclone its a different story.
Your build is defiantly superior for hardcore and its almost identical to the hardcore cyclone tree I have planned, just more jewels. Majority of my tree's are as you put it "scrubcore" intended.

Jewel Rolls

Prefixes:

Brutal- Mace
Sinister - Axe
Vicious - Sword
Judging - Stave
(14 to 16)% increased Physical Damage with Maces/Axe/Sword/Staves

Champion's
(12 to 14)% increased Physical Damage with Two Handed Melee Weapons

Beating - Maces
Cleaving - Axe
Fencing - Sword
Blunt - Staves
(6 to 8)% increased Attack Speed with Mace/Axe/Sword/Staves

Vivid
(6 to 8)% increased maximum Life

Suffixes:

of Combat
(10 to 12)% increased Melee Damage
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Jul 9, 2015, 3:37:02 PM
"
Abysssss wrote:
"
2. You have access to 4 jewel sockets, I have access to 3. But I doubt you will reach level 100 to be able to take all 4.

Yeah for the aura reservation with the 16% and lv3 enlighten you can run hatred-haste-HoA with 100% mana reserved. That is only for bloodmagic users so for mana based cyclone its a different story.
Your build is defiantly superior for hardcore and its almost identical to the hardcore cyclone tree I have planned, just more jewels. Majority of my tree's are as you put it "scrubcore" intended.

Jewel Rolls

Prefixes:

Brutal- Mace
Sinister - Axe
Vicious - Sword
Judging - Stave
(14 to 16)% increased Physical Damage with Maces/Axe/Sword/Staves

Champion's
(12 to 14)% increased Physical Damage with Two Handed Melee Weapons

Beating - Maces
Cleaving - Axe
Fencing - Sword
Blunt - Staves
(6 to 8)% increased Attack Speed with Mace/Axe/Sword/Staves

Vivid
(6 to 8)% increased maximum Life

Suffixes:

of Combat
(10 to 12)% increased Melee Damage

You're saying 3 jewel sockets aren't enough?
Your build has 14% mana reservation reduced not 16%. You sure you got everything straight? And lvl 3 enlighten... Long leveling trip. :D And in the end you will need Blood magic on your self-cast skills to be able to use them with 100% mana reserved.
Last edited by hellzer on Jul 9, 2015, 3:37:55 PM
Edited the last post for mana % reservation corrections.

A 3rd aura is a luxury that is not intended for those leveling. Regarding jewels i'm sure 3 is enough for HC since you prioritize survival, I don't think there are any unique jewels that benefit HC for 2h cyclone sadly, hopefully in the near future there will be. Possibly Anatomical knowledge or Energized Armour. Personally I will have 4-6% mana unreserved from lv4 enlighten and +1 boots but overall yes if you decided to run those three auras your going to need to link bloodmagic to bloodrage,leapslam,phaserun ect. Which isn't the end of the world and in many scenarios will be the case regardless.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Jul 9, 2015, 3:43:46 PM
To jump in, More jewels when you have them is better than less. They have Insane powerlevels when rolled well and can easily make up 2-3 nodes of skill sometimes!

4-5 Jewels is a sweet spot for many builds, with scion builds using 5-7 in alot of scenarios!

my lvl 80 Build roughly
Spoiler
http://poeurl.com/zr8KvKF
Thank you for answering my previous question, also thank you for your effort.

I notice the skill tree you provided for Marauder with sword is slightly different than in-game skill tree. On the path from Warrior's blood to Eagle's eye(I made a new char, and it is lvl 15 now, I saw the difference and started to go to the other direction of the sword's passive tree, is this okay?), is this normal?

Could you please take a look. I want to follow your build in 2.0, as you stated this build work with 2.0, right?
IGN: TeamForDead
SRS all day everyday!!!
Don't you dare nerf my spirits again :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info