(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

What ascendancy class do you prefer? Which one is best for bossing?

A pro/con section for each class could be very beneficial. I leveled a berserker version up to 70 only to realize after I did merc lab that the degen from both rage and blood rage was to much, I wish could have known how bad it would be before hand.

I dunno why the requirement between guardian and shaper are so much different from each other. I mean most of the builds i played if they can kill guardians then they can also pretty much take care of shaper. Sorry if i'm thinking wrong. Anyway the most important thing i concern is that he mentioned in bossing section we need 200k dps tooltip with conc effect(only ?) and 8k HP for shaper. I have quite good enough gears but only manage to get to 180k dps most and 6k8 HP. My tree take a lot more dps than his tree so idk how we can achieve those numbers. U can check my gear in my pro5 to see if i'm doing wrong somewhere and again i myself do believe those numbers are unachievable ( for me at least ).
Ty very much for reading, feel free to correct anything i was saying.
Last edited by huyakf1997 on Apr 10, 2018, 11:21:38 AM
"
why though? why would i need 40% increades elemental dmg? as far as i understood gameplay mechanics so far, some of my physical dmg will be added as elemental dmg by herald of ash/added fire dmg/hatred. therefore i try to get as much physical dmg as possible, because it will not only increase my "base" physical damage, but also the added elemental damage from those three. meanwhile %elemental dmg will only be added to the dmg i get from herald/hatred/added fire dmg, which is only a small percentage from my overall dmg in the beginning and therefore not worth incresing it...

You have to understand, offensively, that elemental damage with attacks will yield more damage on rings than flat physical, but there is room for both of those on rings. It's just that rings with both, that also have life, are expensive. You prioritize 1- Life 2 - EDWA and 3 - Flat Physical

The reason its more damage is simple - a two handed weapon already has huge flat physical damage. Scaling damage in POE is about taking a flat value, adding to it, and multiplying it by % increases and attack speed. Since the 2hand weapons have huge flat values, adding a little bit of flat to them isn't as effective.

"
1.Fortify, I noticed that is skipped now, is this a large damage & defense decrease?

With the release of MAIM, it's just a much better gem damage-wise. You can still use Fortify, in fact, I'd rather have Fortify than Increased Area of Effect, personally.

"
2.I noticed that there is no branching off to specializing into weapon damage, but those weapon specific damage increases are huge, is there a particular reason for them being skipped?

The guide is a generic template. You can add those nodes yourself.

"
3.Executioner is skipped now, wondering why?

It's not that great for 3 points.

"
4.Also looks like some life regen and life leech has been skipped, is leeching better now? (Combat Stamina node)
<

Ascendancy and Pantheon have greatly reduced the need for regen on the tree, especially at the low values it provides. Combat Stamina with 40% armour and 1.8% regen vs Unbreakable (2%) and then using 3 points for 15% increased life is the type of trade-off you can make now.

"
On starforge , im running vulnerability curse +blaspemy + enlighten , what aura can i run ?

Aspect of the Spider isn't bad. The 50% auras are not that great for Cyclone until you support them with a solid Watcher's Eye.

"
Just a quick question , Im currently using disfavour , should i keep using this or craft my own weapon using the "crafting endgame weapon" section ?

Don't attempt to beat Disfavor unless you have tons of exalts and nothing to do with them. It is excessively difficult to craft an axe better than Disfavor.

"
I just have question with utility gems. Cast When Damage Taken(20) + Immortal Call(20) + Increased Duration(20) + Molten Shell(20) I can't use none of those things nor they trigger by themselves. Is the problem that all those skills in my situation are lvl 19 and they will start working when they will be lvl20 or what?

High level Immortal Call requires more damage to trigger the linked skills. You probably are not receiving hits that give you that damage.

"
Best ascendancy for the build is Jugg ?

Jugg is a good defensive build. Slayer is good all arounder. Raider moves the fastest.

"
I dunno why the requirement between guardian and shaper are so much different from each other. I mean most of the builds i played if they can kill guardians then they can also pretty much take care of shaper. Sorry if i'm thinking wrong. Anyway the most important thing i concern is that he mentioned in bossing section we need 200k dps tooltip with conc effect(only ?) and 8k HP for shaper.

I've done shaper with 7.5k HP and 150K DPS. It was long and painful, but its possible. I think 8k HP is a figure for less experienced players. Once you know the fight for Shaper, you can do it with 6K HP if you have good leech or other forms of defense.

I will say, though, for Uber Elder, which is Shaper and Elder scaled to T16 values, I would absolutely recommend either insane defenses or insane DPS. For that fight I had 20% regen and I was using Purity of Ice + Purity of Fire with 10 endurance charges.
Last edited by Samir316 on Apr 20, 2018, 10:38:16 AM
Would Vaal Pact be useful for this or do we need the life regen?
200k tooltip for Shaper?

Like 200k in hideout, or with flasks, or PoB with perfect conditions?

Right now I have 31k with hezmana's bloodlust in my hideout with lvl 19 0% quality gems and like 10 flat phys from rings and one 3 prop jewel. Seems light years away from 200k :)
"
200k tooltip for Shaper?

Like 200k in hideout, or with flasks, or PoB with perfect conditions?

Right now I have 31k with hezmana's bloodlust in my hideout with lvl 19 0% quality gems and like 10 flat phys from rings and one 3 prop jewel. Seems light years away from 200k :)

200 unflasked. You cant count on flasks for shaper unless you play Pathfinder.

31k is nowhere near enough.
Hello, how are you? I returned to PoE yesterday. First of all, thanks for your guide. It has helped me having a lot of fun with the game.

Could you check my character bbzinho? I need advice on equipments. I also have a full passive tree reset and a lot of currency.

How does the Jugg version compare to the slayer for ulab farming?
Out of all possible ascendencies which one is the bests one?? Thank you! im palying SSF
Hey Lighty,

Figured I'd ask you as the resident cyclone expert on how precisely cyclone works -- how the ticks/attacks are broken down. So all we know from the wiki is cyclone hits twice per spin, assuming an attack time of 0.25 (4 aps) -- when do those ticks hit exactly. Does it do 1 attack at 0 MS, then a second at 250 MS (that's logical but also odd because you'd assume cyclone spin #2 starts at 250 MS). Or does it work like - Cyclone 1: hit 1 at 0 ms, hit 2 at 125 MS, start of Cyclone 2: hit 1 at 250 MS, hit 2 at 375 MS, rinse and repeat.

I enjoy playing lots of cyclone based trigger/proc builds and knowing precisely how and when each cyclone attack or tick connects would help greatly -- so thought I'd ask you if you knew. Thanks in advance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info