(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Afura wrote:
Hey guys,

Loving this build so far. I am level 77 and I need more life, so I want to take the 7 life nodes next to the key nod "constitution". But now the problem is that my Berserker ascendancy class in my skill tree is hiding these 8 life nodes :/. So I can't take them, but I need them. Is that supposed to be like that or is that a bug?

Hi

You can hide your Ascendancy tree by clicking on the base of it =) (little golden/black arrow)
"
Tagmatar wrote:

Hi

You can hide your Ascendancy tree by clicking on the base of it =) (little golden/black arrow)

Oh didn't see that. Awesome, thx you a lot
"
Archimtiros wrote:
"
Bashead wrote:
Where do i invest Ascendancy points as a Juggernaut Marauder?

Unflinching, Unrelenting and either Unyielding or Unbreakable depending on whether you want offence or defense; I suggest the former. Unstoppable is decent if you have <50% movespeed on gear.

"
Hextall wrote:
SO far i like tihis build ty. Wanted to ask if where do you spend ascendancy points as berzerker marauder. And is it ok to get all the unices that you have mentioned. ofc for each slot 1.

Crave the Slaughter, Aspect of Carnage, Rite of Ruin.

I don't understand your second question. The uniques in the section are exactly as they described: helpful for the build. You don't need all of them, or even any of them, they are just the best unique items for the build as a whole, and obviously should only be used if they complement the rest of your gear.

For juggernaut I agree with those 3 paths and Berserker I prefer rite of ruin and would say Aspect of Carnage is mandatory. If your deciding to stack uniques keep in mind it will be harder to maintain a decent amount of elemental resistances as often uniques dont have any on them, always stay at capped (75%) res in merciless.
LightyGaming.com
"
Archimtiros wrote:
"
LeOsTyLe wrote:
Hi,

i just finished mercyless with cyclon duellist in softcore. Now i want to lvl up till 67-69 and spend my 80-90+ chaos ( at moment ) for items. I only have at moment a 4linked Hezmana's Bloodlust Vaal Axe. All other items are totaly crap. all from normal act2-4. since cruel i didnt picked items up, only currency.

The main goal is to farm maps.

My plan is to buy
- 5 linked Hezmana's Bloodlust Vaal Axe
- Devoto's Devotion Nightmare Bascinet
- Daresso's Salute Citrine Amulet
- maybe Ming's Heart Amethyst Ring
- all other items rares 1-3 chaos

Is this plan good or should i better keep my current weapon and investigate in other parts more?
What do you think about the Ming's Heart Amethyst Ring is it worth to wear one or even two?
And is there a moventment cap for cyclon?

Thanks.

Personally I don't bother to buy things until I start hitting walls. You still have leveling to go, and the lower map content is fairly easy, so I'd just push first.

However, if you want to buy some stuff:

Hezmana is a great investment, though it's going to be a lot cheaper to just 5 link yours rather than buying an already linked weapon. 5-linking really isn't that hard.

Devoto's Devotion is a great helm, and usually pretty cheap, though if you want to get it even cheaper, considering farming for, or buying the Gladiator card set and turning it in. This will give you either a Devoto or Bringer of Rain. Obviously the RNG element comes into play; you want Devoto and don't want Bringer, but if you get Bringer, you can always resell it. Something to consider at least.

I don't suggest Daresso's Salute. I know it's in the helpful uniques section, but the increased range just isn't strong enough in my opinion to be worth the slot. If we kept the other bonuses maybe, but Blood Rage gets in the way of that.

Ming's is strong, but you really need to plan your build around it, since you generally want the health it removes. I'd consider this an item to buy once you get into the real end game, so that it's easier to gear around.

You didn't mention it, but if you're really on a unique buying kick, look for a cheap Physical Doryani's Invitation (alternately, Fire is a bit weaker but usually a lot cheaper). It's a good mix of offence and defense, and will help cover your resists, which I imagine are lacking right now.

Otherwise, I'd spend currency on decently high rolled rares, but don't splurge on the obscenely priced stuff for no reason. Look for high armor, high health and resists first, and worry about picking up damage as you go.

TLDR: Don't go too crazy on buying uniques just because they are shiny. Remember that using uniques generally forces you to cover the stat loss elsewhere.

My general rule for playing any build in a new league is once im established and can map, dont fix what isn't broken. As long as you can map under 5-7min its best to save your currency and not tamper with your gear aside from your large goals. Replacing rares along the way is fine but its best to save your currency for big ticket items that will make a lasting impact.People are often surprised how you can afford items like Atziri's Disfavour week 1 of a new league; sell everything your not using and keep mapping. Random big money drops happen but mostly its a grind to wealth in POE, hence the companies name " Grinding Gear Games".
LightyGaming.com
"
Breakbeat wrote:
Well Since this is the Marauder forum, any thoughts on the Juggernaut with 8 endurance charges up full time and the +6% damage per charge and 8% elem reduction? Matched with either the +30% fortify damage or the 2x chest armor.

Is it worth losing the CWDT for max uptime?

Yes It can be better. but your going to still have to manually cast Enduring Cry id imagine; which is a mental commitment to click a button every few seconds that some players dont want to bother with.
LightyGaming.com
Going to have a play with my cycloner in standard over the weekend - get him his ascendancy and see what I can improve.
I'm currently BM keystone, i'd like to stay that way unless things have really changed in 2.2 and it is noticably weaker?
Am planning on going berserker - seems like the best fit.

My gear is pretty good (gloves, belt and boots could be better, but talking pretty small improvements.

What I'd like to do if possible is use essence worm ring so I can run hatred in a BM build. Damage on top of berserker class would be insane. But can't see how I could do it without dropping lightning coil. could definitely manage with a rare chest, probably with a Belly and maybe with Kaom's if I switched jewellery (I don't really need the chest links - would need to find somewhere for blood rage, but other than that its used for an empower/enhance super portal!)

Or dropping the devoto's would make gearing easier but I like my move speed too much.

Not sure if worth it though, Damage is pretty good as it stands.

Spotted a devoto's with cyclone attack speed enchant for sale too that looks nice...
Last edited by Carlovski on Mar 18, 2016, 8:52:00 AM
I am really lost with choosing the ascendancy for SC. Is champions survivability boost worth loosing 40% more damage from the berserker? Assuming I want to try get into high tier maps. Is juggernaut a viable SC choice? or there is just not much point
"
Raggon wrote:
I am really lost with choosing the ascendancy for SC. Is champions survivability boost worth loosing 40% more damage from the berserker? Assuming I want to try get into high tier maps. Is juggernaut a viable SC choice? or there is just not much point

Champions dps is fine since your gaining a free link but wont be as much berserker's 40% more dps. Juggernaut offers little to nothing for dps and if pushing higher maps is your goal and your in sc, berserker is the way to go.
LightyGaming.com
"
Carlovski wrote:
Going to have a play with my cycloner in standard over the weekend - get him his ascendancy and see what I can improve.
I'm currently BM keystone, i'd like to stay that way unless things have really changed in 2.2 and it is noticably weaker?
Am planning on going berserker - seems like the best fit.

My gear is pretty good (gloves, belt and boots could be better, but talking pretty small improvements.

What I'd like to do if possible is use essence worm ring so I can run hatred in a BM build. Damage on top of berserker class would be insane. But can't see how I could do it without dropping lightning coil. could definitely manage with a rare chest, probably with a Belly and maybe with Kaom's if I switched jewellery (I don't really need the chest links - would need to find somewhere for blood rage, but other than that its used for an empower/enhance super portal!)

Or dropping the devoto's would make gearing easier but I like my move speed too much.

Not sure if worth it though, Damage is pretty good as it stands.

Spotted a devoto's with cyclone attack speed enchant for sale too that looks nice...

The essence worm for hatred in a BM keystone setup is something I thought of instantly and Will be added to the guide once i pick one up. Bm keystones in a fine place and berserker's dps increase with 40% more is gross as suspected. You could prob still go coil if you got better rares but as you guessed it will be tricky and costly, Belly or Kaom is a fine replacement. Running merc lab yourself for the right helm enchant is a very lengthy process from what ive seen so buying a helm with a decent enchant might by the way to go, especially if its a commonly used unique. It could even turn into a lucrative market. For example ive seen people running merc lab to enchant rats nests for good rolls and sell them for 2-3x the market price.
LightyGaming.com
I've done a rat's nest or two myself in Perandus so yeah, it's a good option - better than repeatedly enchanting your own, and then just buy what you need. Devoto's, Rat's nest and Vertex all good options. Heretic's veil too, but that's quite an expensive base.

Yeah, maybe could keep the coil if I upgraded everything else.... Could be a little project for me. I've even got a lvl 21 hatred waiting to make the most out of it. Would need to be very good gear though. No resists at all on my amulet at the moment, but I do need the stats on it (And it is pretty much perfect apart from that)
Definitely wouldn't be overcapped any more though - for ele weakness maps not an issue, just put a resist ring back in (Or pop a purity in the ring!) but could still get cursed in a map.

So maybe kaom's/belly. Real issue is what would kill me in one of those that a coil saves me from. Not a lot I'm thinking, especially as we have basalt flasks to use as well now (Still got my legacy taste of hate too, a vessel of vinktar as well but it's lightning pen so not much use here)

I'll have a play with it over the weekend, bit low on currency in standard though, been blowing a lot on crafting so might have to sell some stuff if I need to buy anything expensive (The boot's I'd need are looking very expensive!)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info