(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Monitick wrote:
Just for confirmation, the Champion ascendency passive bonus "Increased effect of auras you cast" also applies to curse auras, correct?

Unless it specifies non-curse auras, then yes. Keep in mind that Blasphemy is required make a Curse an Aura. If you're using CWDT, it's not an aura.
"
Lhaza wrote:
What's the best to skill as a Duelist Champion after getting Fortify?
I think Inspirational was suggested, but i couldn't find it anymore, sorry if I missed it.

Inspirational is the clear winner if you play in groups often. If you don't, both Inspirational and First to Strike, Last to Fall are good choices. I prefer the latter, due to an already high amount of movespeed from gear and the defensive bonus.
"
andrew8448 wrote:
"
Fr3shDee wrote:
Got my hands on that disfavour now but im struggling with the links right now. On a 6-link I would go Cylone -fortify-added fire-melee dmg-bm-weapon ele. Some people from my guild told me that in softcore, where im playing btw, fortify is not necessary on cyclone cuase i can run in on leap slam and get it up like this 90% of the time and switch on concentrated effect for fortify . What are your thoughts about that?

Hi!

While it's true you can run the Fortify gem on your movement skill, some people put it on cyclone for convenience.

However...

Which Ascendancy class are you?
In the latest update, a lot of people are playing the Duelist -> Champion version of this build, where he gets a free permanent Fortify buff. This opens the build up to even more cool damage options such as Hypothermia and Bloodlust which I believe is discussed briefly in the FAQ on first post of the guide.

Hope that helps!

As detailed above, free Fortify from Duelist gives you the best of both worlds.

That said, Cyclone doesn't generally use Leap Slam for a number of reasons:
1. Cyclone is already a mobile ability, so Leap Slam isn't needed as an escape.
2. Cyclone tends to stack enough movespeed that walking is faster than Leaping for general movement.
3. Time spent Leap Slamming is time not Cycloning, which is an overall loss in damage.
4. Forgoing Leap Slam (or running it unlinked) frees up room for other gem setups.

So, can you run Leap Slam for Fortify? Absolutely, it just isn't efficient.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Mar 16, 2016, 6:15:17 PM
"
Archimtiros wrote:
"
Lhaza wrote:
What's the best to skill as a Duelist Champion after getting Fortify?
I think Inspirational was suggested, but i couldn't find it anymore, sorry if I missed it.

Inspirational is the clear winner if you play in groups often. If you don't, both Inspirational and First to Strike, Last to Fall are good choices. I prefer the latter, due to an already high amount of movespeed from gear and the defensive bonus.

Thanks for the anwser, I'll take a look at all three then tomorrow. Nice to have some joice there:)
"
andrew8448 wrote:
"
Fr3shDee wrote:
Got my hands on that disfavour now but im struggling with the links right now. On a 6-link I would go Cylone -fortify-added fire-melee dmg-bm-weapon ele. Some people from my guild told me that in softcore, where im playing btw, fortify is not necessary on cyclone cuase i can run in on leap slam and get it up like this 90% of the time and switch on concentrated effect for fortify . What are your thoughts about that?

Hi!

While it's true you can run the Fortify gem on your movement skill, some people put it on cyclone for convenience.

However...

In the latest update, a lot of people are playing the Duelist -> Champion version of this build, where he gets a free permanent Fortify buff. This opens the build up to even more cool damage options such as Hypothermia and Bloodlust which I believe is discussed briefly in the FAQ on first post of the guide.

Hope that helps!

Im runnin' berserker for the extra dmg in softcore cause i dont rly care for the 1 or 2 deaths ive gotten so far. Only struggling with the jewellery and the links!
"
Fr3shDee wrote:
"
andrew8448 wrote:
"
Fr3shDee wrote:

Hi!

However...

Hope that helps!

Im runnin' berserker for the extra dmg in softcore cause i dont rly care for the 1 or 2 deaths ive gotten so far. Only struggling with the jewellery and the links!

If you're running Berserker, you're already getting a lot of extra damage, so I'd suggest sticking with Fortify in Cyclone to shore up your defenses instead.

Remember, PoE is a game of balance, even in softcore, and more defense will let you play more offensively.
Is running a slayer, mana based build a good choice?
Since we no longer need fortify, it frees up 6Ls to do some crazy stuff, and I'm assuming you or someone has tested, would pulling out WED for conc effect effect clearspeed badly, or would the huge increase in damage and decent movespeed help with just slapping through everything harder?
I am hoping someone has given this a shot, as I don't want to spend a bazillion chromes to try it out. :)

Also, I was thinking about swapping phase run for molten shell - I feel like the move speed gives you the power of fuckoffery if you need to just bail, or 25% increased damage for a short time if bail is not needed... however, this is also burning frenzy charges.
http://i.imgur.com/kyhjZoN.png
Last edited by Punkonjunk on Mar 17, 2016, 11:55:54 AM
Well Since this is the Marauder forum, any thoughts on the Juggernaut with 8 endurance charges up full time and the +6% damage per charge and 8% elem reduction? Matched with either the +30% fortify damage or the 2x chest armor.

Is it worth losing the CWDT for max uptime?
Do i remove Fortify from my weapon as soon as i reach Fortitude as duelist? If not i consider using Inspiritional instead of Fortitude.
Last edited by sirHugo on Mar 17, 2016, 2:00:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info