(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Abysssss wrote:
"
tyvar1 wrote:
Will definitely play this build when I create my new character :) thanks for the build!

no prob buddy. let me know if you gotz any questions
this build is amazing so far :D just one question. Mace vs sword vs axe? :)

"
Abysssss wrote:
"
tyvar1 wrote:
"
LadyLoriana wrote:
When's the earliest you can get a cyclone gem in the challenge leagues?
Lvl 24 or complete the quest Sever the Right Hand|Act 3|Normal

haha didn't see you answered so i did also. thanks man :D
haha no worries ;)
Hi, is this build really good on Duelist? I saw skill tree for duelist, but it is really doable or just os better as marauder? TY
Am looking to move into this with my Mara but wondering where you go while leveling with passives as you only have the full tree available? would it be possible to get a breakdown added in or a rough idea
"
Deadlyhazard wrote:
Hey I'm more of a new player, hadn't played since 2013 which I did briefly at the time. Anyway, I have a few questions.

One, how am I supposed to level up my cyclone gem past like level 15? It has a high dexterity requirement and the passive skill tree you have set up doesn't give the dex needed for it. I'm probably missing something here.

Two, what exactly should I be looking to skill link in my items, aside from the weapon? Like Chest, head, boots, gloves, etc...for example, you linked Herald of Ash, Hatred, and haste, but you're not supposed to link those together right? What skills would they go with? What about phase run?

Sorry I'm a huge noob, just thought I'd ask. thank you

first off welcome back to be poe. Your supposed to get all your dex and int from your gear, it saves passive points and shouldn't be to hard to attain. The gem link section has been updated to show the different category and setups more clearly now hopefully. For example you can have all your auras separate for whatever reason but down the road you may want to get a enlighten gem so having them already sitting in a 4 link doesn't hurt. Im going to be adding shorty a list of helpful uniques for every variation under the "required gear" section (hyperlink for now, ill get item example within the days end). Your not a HUGE noob and never hurts to ask questions buddy!
LightyGaming.com
"
Tagmatar wrote:
"
Deadlyhazard wrote:
One, how am I supposed to level up my cyclone gem past like level 15? It has a high dexterity requirement and the passive skill tree you have set up doesn't give the dex needed for it. I'm probably missing something here.

Hi

Leveling a cycloner usualy pass by leveling with ground slam because as you say the dex requirement is hudge. But even in endgame you have to choose betwen taking +30 dex node or dex on gear. for exemple i run this helm for obvious dps reason but for the dex bonus too:

Without it i must take a +30 node or use a lower level blood rage and faster attack cyclone is not the more dex greedy gem ^^

Fly safe

I personally do not need the dex because I have it all on jewelry. That being said its common for people to need to grab a few dex nodes to get their gems to 20. Devotos is an awesome helm and it got a little worse after the bloodrage change but overall its perfect for cyclone and the dex bonus is wonderful.

LightyGaming.com
"
zythyl wrote:
How does this build play differently to, say, a RF build?

well aside from the fact that there completely different builds there both tanky, high single target dps, good clear speed and mobility and can be run on a 1ex budget in a new league. Rf has a better midgame but cyclone will/can outperform it later on, like most every weapon/rare based build.
LightyGaming.com
"
unlikeaddiex wrote:
Is there a particular reason the hardcore variant has points in totem? And would it be worth it to take those points and put them in Diamond skin and the 3 resistance nodes?

I don't see what you mean by "points in totem" but a general rule of thumb is you don't want to put points into resistance ( exception being to start mapping maybe ) because you can grab it on gear. The same reason I don't have any dexterity nodes allocated, if your short on dex,int or res and you need it to start mapping ect, grab it but overall its a waste of points.
LightyGaming.com
"
tyvar1 wrote:
"
Abysssss wrote:
"
tyvar1 wrote:
Will definitely play this build when I create my new character :) thanks for the build!

no prob buddy. let me know if you gotz any questions
this build is amazing so far :D just one question. Mace vs sword vs axe? :)

There all pretty close in effectiveness but Axe > Sword > Mace probably. Axe has better nodes and uniques, kaoms primacy for a new league is cray cray. Disfavour later on is OPOP. But really if you already have a good 2h weapon, just roll with that, its not a back breaking difference between them all.
LightyGaming.com
"
nvmind41 wrote:
Hi, is this build really good on Duelist? I saw skill tree for duelist, but it is really doable or just os better as marauder? TY

Duelist gets +14 more flat life, Marauder gets 2% more physical damage. That's about it, marauder has better starting area maybe and a people tend to choose him because once you have a high level marauder they can play a larger variety of builds than duelist.
LightyGaming.com
"
zenixmoo wrote:
Am looking to move into this with my Mara but wondering where you go while leveling with passives as you only have the full tree available? would it be possible to get a breakdown added in or a rough idea

Added "leveling" section under the "passive tree" section. Broken down into 3 basic phases from which you can branch off into whatever weapon you want from the framework of it.
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info