[2.0 HC/SC] Wolder's Blood Magic Burning Discharger Scion/Templar

Ok so iv made tons of progress and tryed many exparaments , had lots of problems but have also found some solutions.

So first off i tryed out avatar of fire vs EE and it was "ok" but to truly spec it i would need to get the frenzzy charge insted of the endurance during bandit quest. Also flame surge was just not cuting it for dangrous bosses. I found that taking AF vs EE actualy incressed my clear speed of rares / exiles / warbands a tad however it slowed me down with bosses to much. I switched back to EE for the resist debuff and switched back to flameblast. I still don't like flameblast but im getting better at useing it so that helps. once i get a 5 link chest i feel that flameblast will be just fine for dangrous bosses once i get use to useing it and make sure im pre procking EE before use.

Ok secound thing. Holy fire node is a MUST GET node for this build. The amount of damage it dilivers is WAY more than any other fire nodes on the tree , reason being is EE . So i learned that fire pen gems or points off the tree do not effect burn damage however burn damage still checks a targets resits while it is being aplied. the larger burn damage from useing fire pen gem is from the incressed damage the original hit did . However if you prock EE after the target is already burning then the actual mob losses that resist before the burn checks, basicaly giving your burn damage another hidden buff of -50 fire resist. this scales burn damage again . Once i grabed the holy fire node i no longer need'ed to use my sinigle target skill at all EVER while clearing, the burn damage alone could kill any rare or exile , if in a pack of wights almost instantly but even alone 1 discharge with 3 frenzzeys up and 1 end charge will 1 shot them even rock dudes or other high HP mobs .

So my tank was holding up fine , however i did see problems with stunn becomeing more and more of a problem. I thought about taking unwavaring stance. This would solve all the problems instantly However it is a bit difficult to get. If i was on HC mode or leveling with crapy gear i think id pick this up just to be safe however i found a better solotion ;)

So 1 of my favorit skills witch i use as offten as i can just scremed out to me to get it in this build. Turns out it's the solution to the stunn problem when apliying your discharge. Molten shell works fucking perfect for this build, self cast 4 linked would be ideal molten shell / life leach / incressed duration / fire pen . having a extra 1000 base armour paired with chaining 2 grant flask now that i have 4750 HP ( this will hit over 5 k soon when i get proper gear ) makes me close to stunn immune vs packs . But wait it gets better , since molten shell works similarly to discharge as when it breaks it dose 1 large fire damage hit , that's being buffed from EE and curses and such , the amount of damage it dose is fantastic offten killing anything close to you instantly ( when you get stunn locked and can't get off a discharge for eg. ) I tryed it out with a diffrent set of boots and it worked perfectly , just waiting to figure out how to get it on my gloves or boots ATM ( the socket clores are fucking me again ATM ) once i get it riged up with the blood dance on it is going to be awsome i can't wait !!!

So how much damage am i doing ? this is the new question of been trying to figure out , im leaving crit dagger build in the dust , rainbow nukes fall behind , arc players can't keep up , and melley can't even get a hit off before evreything dies . This awnser is hard to figure out as so much damage is comeing from burn , secound since it's done so fast , third since the burn lasts so long more and more mobs take damage off the same hit. Teoredicaly , since the burn is prolifed the skills DPS is only caped by the amount of moseters around to kill. I suck at math , but my bud dose not , from what he figured by ajusting the burn damage time and the extra burn amount + the fire/spell damage amount , then acounting for EE on both the orginail hit and the secound prock for burn damage , 6 endurance charges and 3 frenzzey then converting to attack speed over the burn he came up with roughfley 74,000 DPS. Asuming the damage was prolifed from a mob with 0 Resist from curses /pen and EE . Don't ask me to verify this as when he was doing the numbers i was drunk and lost hahaha .

All in all this build is shreading like crazy for me ATM . boss fights suck but i blame shity flameblast for that , also any boss that has mobs around it dies in like 2 secounds so thares that ;)

Curently level 80

hears a link to my tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUAA3UEswYOCaoJ9g3NDjwSaRRxFxwYaho4HM4c3B0UIbAlvCcvJ-0o-itQLdIulDT3NZI5UjpYOtg8BUGHRtdN41XGWAdYd1nzXwRj_WaeaPJxeXGFcg9yqXrmggeCm4LHi4yPGo9GkFWRK5HOl4WYrZo7m6Gdrp8-n9-iAKcIrJisqq-nsUK3PriTu-3AZsCaxPbUfNi92XzZ_Nq52t3bT9-_4MPqGOvu7DjvfPAf8Wz3MvfX-Ov53fno-tL-Cv5U_o8=

Hears my gear

Spoiler

Hope this helps

Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
Alright so after messing around with gems and trying to figure out a way to be able to more safely run up close to mobs I think have it figured out to a pretty safe strategy. I put CWDT with molten shell and blood rage (I do this because I use windscreams) and I manually cast temp chains onto mobs.

This does 2 things nicely for you. 1 Allows you to more safely get up next to mobs instead of having to wait for CWDT to proc it which makes it safer to run next to mobs and 2 lets you check if the mobs are curse immune or not in which case you should probably play more on the outside of the mob pack. On top of that your going to be running molten shell which will give you a small armor boost and more dps. This overall feels better to me atm but I will mention again that im running AA on blood magic and dont forget to summon your chaos golems lol.
"
thedeathcon5 wrote:
Yeah the issue for me to run that setup is that I would have to spend 25+ex to get that setup going and in a new league thats not something I could afford any time soon.

I see, I'm playing on Standard where Doryani's was one and a half Exalted and Rathpiths are a few Chaos each.

I like Molten Shell a lot, the only problem is that I have no control over when the fire damage from it triggers, and if it's after Ball Lightning/Shock Nova the following Discharge will deal a LOT less damage thanks to Elemental Equilibrium.

I am going to try out taking the Holy Fire cluster as SirSid recommended and sacrificing a couple of 5% chance to ignite nodes. As I'm running Ungil's Harmony instead of Resolute Technique, my Discharge ignite chance is still pretty high - 14% for crit strike + 10% for Mokou's + 5% from tree + 15% from Flammability. Some mob always burns. It's not as good for Flameblast with no proliferation, so I run Chance to Ignite as my fifth link there.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Bit confused here. It says in the guide that we rely on endurance charges and then frenzy charges from blood rage, but blood rage isn't shown anywhere for gems....?
Hey, wanted to provide some feedback. Love the idea of this build so far.

Got to level 70 on tempest, switched from flame totem to discharge and found myself being obliterated by white packs. It just felt wrong being a melee (well, we are taking too much hits compared to ranged anyway), having no way to stun-lock packs and not to benefit from fortify and not being able to tank anything even though we've invested heavily into survivability.

So, from my point of view the main problem of this build is that we are a melee who does not utilise layered defense and relies heavily on hp only. Getting high-block chance shield definitely helped a bit but not enough imo. AA really seems like the way to go. Also tried to substite WM for TC on curse setup for more burning damage and cc, but it just slows the clear speed so much... What I found making this build going for me is getting a dagger and running with whirling blades + fortify + faster attacks gems. It gives us a ton of mobility, makes this build so much faster, provides a foritfy buff and helps to spread some ice trail from AA right into soon to be discharged packs.

I dropped Blast Radius and Amplify (Whirling blades into packs + discharge gets everything for me anyway) as well as BM since I don't think we have any real mana issues. I think I can trade off some hp nodes in scion's starter area for Sanctuary and Solidity and get tempest shield on our CwDT since it doesn't screw our EE.

Got to 76, Dried Lake farm runs are a cake-walk when everything blows or burns to death with a high clear speed. It definitely needs further testing and may not be optimal... but solution nevertheless.
"
Bit confused here. It says in the guide that we rely on endurance charges and then frenzy charges from blood rage, but blood rage isn't shown anywhere for gems....?

Well it depends on how you want to get frenzy charges in the op he runs blood dance boots to get them but you can also just run a blood rage gem. I'm running an altered version of the op but here is what I have currently lvl 70 in tempest. The tree I am running is a couple post down and I will also mention that my gem setup is fully optimized yet mainly because I am still not sure what to do with artic breath.

"
casitas wrote:
Hey, wanted to provide some feedback. Love the idea of this build so far.

Got to level 70 on tempest, switched from flame totem to discharge and found myself being obliterated by white packs. It just felt wrong being a melee (well, we are taking too much hits compared to ranged anyway), having no way to stun-lock packs and not to benefit from fortify and not being able to tank anything even though we've invested heavily into survivability.

So, from my point of view the main problem of this build is that we are a melee who does not utilise layered defense and relies heavily on hp only. Getting high-block chance shield definitely helped a bit but not enough imo. AA really seems like the way to go. Also tried to substite WM for TC on curse setup for more burning damage and cc, but it just slows the clear speed so much... What I found making this build going for me is getting a dagger and running with whirling blades + fortify + faster attacks gems. It gives us a ton of mobility, makes this build so much faster, provides a foritfy buff and helps to spread some ice trail from AA right into soon to be discharged packs.

I dropped Blast Radius and Amplify (Whirling blades into packs + discharge gets everything for me anyway) as well as BM since I don't think we have any real mana issues. I think I can trade off some hp nodes in scion's starter area for Sanctuary and Solidity and get tempest shield on our CwDT since it doesn't screw our EE.

Got to 76, Dried Lake farm runs are a cake-walk when everything blows or burns to death with a high clear speed. It definitely needs further testing and may not be optimal... but solution nevertheless.

Do you mind linking your build? I'm currently lv 68 in Tempest and feel very vulnerable without a granite up. I'm using a 2h staff as well so no shield. ALso running blood magic and I feel like having AA would help if I switched from BM
Sure, I was running this

It's similar but with Holy Fire instead of Arsonist. I'm not quite sure about the block nodes. It just needs testing to see how much block we can afford to reach and whether or not getting some % to spell block is worth it. I would be able to squize +15% block chance from nodes eventually and I guess some shielding jewels will come in handy. So about 50% with Tempest Shield is reachable (instead of 12% with a staff). But it's pure speculation and not tested yet.

I believe, the biggest quality of life change is AA (no Clear Mind jewel ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) as guys above pointed out and getting fortify. I feel pretty comfortable without Granite flask but it doesn't hurt, especially considering what a pile of junk gear I had.

I still have my doubts about viability of this build on solo target especially later on (flameblast hits like a truck though) but the concept of this build got right into my guts :P So, not giving up on it.
Thanks Casitas, I'll try it out!
Somethings for the HC guys to remeber is that the burn is doing the bulk of the work not the original discharge. Hence you don't need to get to close to packs. You can stay around the edge , hit only half the pack and still kill the whole pack no problem dew to burn.

As im playing more and more and getting a handel on the build im finding im much more tanky , simply becuse i have learned thare is no need to get right into packs, evreything dies anyways from the burn.

Still on HC mode i would be very scared of any dangrous boss with this build , takes to long to kill high HP bosses and flameblast puts you at risk . We need a better singile target skill that works with EE . I don't have the awnswer to this problem yet.

Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info