[2.0 HC/SC] Wolder's Blood Magic Burning Discharger Scion/Templar

"
Hey guys so I'm one of those niche build kinda guys and I was trying to get a power charge discharge build and came across this and thought it was SUPER cool. So far I've made it to around lvl 40 and been able to actually discharge/flameblast/EE pretty well solo. My main question is about gearing:

I tend to try and self find most of my gear with the exception of a few uniques (which my builds usually revolve around), but I feel like the survivability is pretty low in the core build (Doedre's Scorn and Blood Dance). I was wondering whether Gang's Momentum and Hrimnor's Resolve would be suitable replacements especially because they give burn/fire damage increases and relatively solid defenses? Again, I've read this whole thread (a miracle honestly, since I normally never look up builds), and know that burn damage is the most essential for damage, but I'm not sure how much you need the frenzy charges from blood dance.

You can swap both out if you want. However id swap the helm out first , blood dance secound . Having blood rage/blood dance combo is really nice as you always get 3 charges up after each pack kill , witch will let you regen past blood rage making it a "free" buff . Also having the combo nearly garentys getting 3 charges per pack killed , that paired with the warloards mark curse giving 1 - 6 end charges , you can offten sustain charges with no need to warcry again . This really speeds up farming low/mid tier maps.

The helm is a ton of damage though it most sertanly can be droped for more HP / resist if needed. With the 5 Rare pices i have im at 5.1 k HP so not too bad. I am preparing to be forced to drop the helm for more HP when i get to top end maps however.But this will be not for some time as im a ways off level 90 still .
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
bump
Then you use your Shock Nova. This makes the enemy less resistant to fire and lightning damage due to EE.

Not true. Please correct that.

"
SirSwift wrote:
bump

Seriously?? Why would you bump a thread, that is already linked in today's news post???
Last edited by lord_joshi on Aug 3, 2015, 5:56:14 AM
A very nice guide this is the first Discharge build that i might try :D
"
SirSwift wrote:
Then you use your Shock Nova. This makes the enemy less resistant to fire and lightning damage due to EE.

Not true. Please correct that.

"
SirSwift wrote:
bump

Seriously?? Why would you bump a thread, that is already linked in today's news post???

Did not know it at the time. :)
Fixed the EE note.

If I might add a helpful note to newcomers to the build: It might be a good idea to expand upon the original build by taking Unwavering Stance and wearing a shield in high-level maps.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
"
SirSwift wrote:
This is because i scale the burn more than i scale the impact damage, and therefore being more durable against reflect.

If this is the case, why don't you grab Holy Fire? It's an amazing wheel for burn-oriented builds.

I'm trying to see this as a good build, but honestly you look like you're having a hard time killing monsters when you really shouldn't be. Consider these factors:
-blue snakes in Merciless Dried Lake
-they are afflicted with Elemental Equilibrium
-you have full endurance and frenzy charges

The Tropical Island run isn't helping your case either. A self-cast discharger with only 4k life, and you're not even coming close to one-shotting packs? I see more drawbacks to this build than I do perks.

I think Hyperbear's Discharge Compendium might be able to help you with this
"
cha_siu_bao wrote:
"
SirSwift wrote:
This is because i scale the burn more than i scale the impact damage, and therefore being more durable against reflect.

If this is the case, why don't you grab Holy Fire? It's an amazing wheel for burn-oriented builds.

I'm trying to see this as a good build, but honestly you look like you're having a hard time killing monsters when you really shouldn't be. Consider these factors:
-blue snakes in Merciless Dried Lake
-they are afflicted with Elemental Equilibrium
-you have full endurance and frenzy charges

The Tropical Island run isn't helping your case either. A self-cast discharger with only 4k life, and you're not even coming close to one-shotting packs? I see more drawbacks to this build than I do perks.

I think Hyperbear's Discharge Compendium might be able to help you with this

You do grab holy fire node it is amazing for this build , the orignial post needs updating . The vidio is also very missleading , once you get your gems set up properly ( in a 4 , 5 or 6 link sering touch staff ) You do sick amounts of damage. 1 shoting evreything including rares /exiles and even most bosses . you can do this with a 4 link staff up into level 70 ish maps , once you get 5 link you can carry that up to 75's pretty easy , then once you get all your gems 20/20 and switch in a empower in a 6 sering touch , gg .

Discharge and all the gems that suport it in this build benifit from gem level greatly also quality is important. This is why the sering touch staff is so good for the build since all of the gems you use till empower benifit from the +2 also having a + 2 gem level on a item that can potentialy be 6 linked is not to be underestimated.

Curently im at level 85 with 5,200 HP / level 20 molten shell. IDK how much damage im doing curently cuz it's to hard for my little brain to math out , but it's a shit ton im leaving evrey one in the dust i play with . Including Crit based build , with nice gear .

"
scrooge999 wrote:
Congratulations for being featured in the Community Build Guide!

If I might add a helpful note to newcomers to the build: It might be a good idea to expand upon the original build by taking Unwavering Stance and wearing a shield in high-level maps.

Im working on getting unwavering stance ATM , looks like i will get it at ether level 88 or 90 depending on if i can get some good gems for the tree or not . Witch should work out perfect cuz that's just when you get into high level maps.

I would love to get a 1 hand item and a shield into the build but i can't figure out how to make it work. Lossing the sering touch is to big a deal. If you had a Insanley good wand /septer or dagger and a fantastic shild then perhaps it could work.

"
cha_siu_bao wrote:
I'm trying to see this as a good build, but honestly you look like you're having a hard time killing monsters when you really shouldn't be.

Having played this build for some time, I don't agree with this. As SirSid said, with a 5L or 6L Searing Touch the build can deal a lot of damage. I'm not even using a Searing Touch and can still oneshot packs in 75 maps at level 83.

On the other hand, survival IS an issue. Even with a high armour shield and helmet as well as Arctic Armour and Chaos Golem, running yellow 75+ maps with "xx extra damage as fire/lightning/cold" on them has gotten me killed more often than not. The build can provide a decent amount of armour and a decent amount of life (I'm at 4.8k and not running Blood Magic) but that's not enough for higher-level maps. It might have been enough before the increases to monster damage in 2.0.

All things considered, I don't think this is a bad build at all. It will carry you well up to 75 maps and can farm them rather quickly but would need very good gear to go much further. It's also a lot of fun to play.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info