[2.0 HC/SC] Wolder's Blood Magic Burning Discharger Scion/Templar

@horribad: Nice video! I noticed you use a weapon swap for Flameblast, how does that work out for you? Is Flame Totem worth it sometimes?

In 70+ maps I find the damage to be a bit on the low side if I don't get a proliferated Ignite. I acquired a five-link Searing Touch and find that there's no fifth link which really increases the damage from non-ignites, and since Proliferation gives 20% less damage I'm currently running Discharge + Iron Will + Penetration + Chance to Ignite + Increased Area of Effect. No chain-ignites, but with Flammability and the tree there's a 85% chance for anything hit by Discharge to be ignited and die. Some mobs take a bit longer to die without chain-ignite, but there's much less hitting a pack and everything being still alive and hitting you because no ignite was procured.

Also, Chaos Golem + Multistrike + Blind is nice for survivability as well.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Last edited by scrooge999 on Jul 18, 2015, 7:01:51 AM
"
scrooge999 wrote:
@horribad: Nice video! I noticed you use a weapon swap for Flameblast, how does that work out for you? Is Flame Totem worth it sometimes?

Ah, yes. I have a flameblast linked with conc effect and fire pen for single target on a +2 firegem wand i found at like lvl 32 or something... it can still one shot rares in 69 maps, it's bloody ridiculous... I also have flame totem linked with culling and item rarity (but sometimes I accidentally kill the boss if it's in a huge pack with prolif burns because I'm not used to maps lol). Thanks for bringing that up I actually forgot about that.
Bump

First off nice to see this build again , i made 1 way back when that was CI and alot diffrent but simmilar concept , was fun as all hell to play loved it. Good to see it making a come back

So i started off leveling this guy and managed to rage past 60 in record time ( flame totem is in a good place ATM ;) and am now looking to fully spec over to discharge once i get my hands on a sering touch staff however i have a few problems/questions.

so question 1 Since you are scaling the burn time and primarly ele prolifing the burn to other mobs dose burrning damage not scale much more than fire damage ? Dew to the incressed time incressing burn amount you would be gaining more damage ( and more importanly a higher DPS on rare mobs not shoted from the original discharge ) Tharefore would the holy fire node not give you more damage than a normal fire node even if fire nodes dual dip scaling ?

Also when converting frenzy charges to fire damage with the gem could you not also take avatar of fire for 100 % convertion but also gain the added cold damage as extra fire as per the gem making frenzzy charges worth more fire and burn damage than endurance charges ? or dose avatar of fire not convert that original cold damage as it's not done in the first place ?

Third question is that , for my play style i really hate flameblast, and never use it in any build . So far iv been using flamsurge ( a much more fun skill to use IMO ) and it should syniergize really well with burring of discharge , however EE will mess up my use of flame surge for singile target. So i was wonderind how much damage i would be missing out on if i don't go EE and insted go avatar of fire ? im thinking that if i focous on more convertion of cold to fire and scale the burning more it could make up for it but im not sure ? also i sometimes play in partys and EE is a big screw up in partys as sometimes you will greatly reduced the DPS of the other players . I thought you might know more about this than me or mabey you have already tryed it .

last question why do you not pick up the extra edurance charges on the tree ? i picked them up for leveling cuz end charges are so good for leveling , but now i can;t figure out why i should speck out of them ? they are the core of how im making damage with discharge , would you not want to get at least 6 ?

Other than that so far i have to say best leveling build iv played in a long time man , getting bloodmajic and all that life while scaling fire gives you lots of options and easy of leveling. Good stuff so far can't wait to try out the discharge .

I hope i can get it working without takking EE but even if i do end up taking EE im thinking im going to love playing this build again.

Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
"
SirSid wrote:
so question 1 Since you are scaling the burn time and primarly ele prolifing the burn to other mobs dose burrning damage not scale much more than fire damage ? Dew to the incressed time incressing burn amount you would be gaining more damage ( and more importanly a higher DPS on rare mobs not shoted from the original discharge ) Tharefore would the holy fire node not give you more damage than a normal fire node even if fire nodes dual dip scaling ?

I'm not sure I understand the question - fire damage increases both the initial damage and the burn while burning damage only increases the burn, so it's always better to take X fire damage than the same amount of burning damage.

Something else: I find that when you start running 74+ maps, you really want to have Unwavering Stance. I had a couple of deaths where I just couldn't cast Discharge due to all the mobs stunlocking me. You really don't want anything to hinder you casting Discharge, and it's not a long way to US. I'm going to take it as my next node.

I also bought this gem of an Amulet which seems perfect for this build...

I find the burst damage from Discharge a bit lacking in higher-level maps, but reverted back to Proliferation + Increased Burning Damage (instead of Chance to Ignite + Area of Effect). 45% Chance to Ignite after Flammability, something always catches fire ; )

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
"
scrooge999 wrote:
"
SirSid wrote:

I'm not sure I understand the question - fire damage increases both the initial damage and the burn while burning damage only increases the burn, so it's always better to take X fire damage than the same amount of burning damage.

No not nessacarly. if you ignight a target it takes the burn damage amount each secound for the duration of the burn , so if you incress the time ignighted you incress the burn damage , thus burn damage has another scaling factor to it than fire or spell damage scaling.

also the burn nodes are much larger than the stright fire nodes 40+15+15= 70 burn damage for 3 nodes vs the arsonist node cluster for the same points at 40 fire damage , the explosive impact node witch is the best fire node in the game is 55 fire damage however it's 1 travel node 4 point nodes for a total of 5 .

so it's

70 burn damage or 40 fire .

that means that if you consider 40 fire a straight up increse for fire THEN a incressed 40 burn that would be wrong since your only incressing the burn by the amount of extra base damage the burn is started off with when getting a pure fire node.

now thares also to consider that this build has a longer burn time on mobs than most AND is allways prolfiing the strongest burn, tharefore burn damage has more value since it gets extra burn time

then thares the other thing to think of to as in your discharge is not whats doing the killing of rare mobs but the burn is, incressing the discarge hit will help get more burn yes but having burn scaled more should put WAY more DPS on the rares since they take the burn longer before dieing . If you can kill the trash mobs with your first discarge from that point on i would think you would get more bang for your buck off burrning vs fire.

Ok im looking at the skill tree as im writing this. You don't have to losse any fire damage nodes.

If you drop the blast radius cluster you losse 20 % radius and 12 % area damage but Gain 6 points 7 if you remove the 5 % life node you get in the travel .

That means you can take the the holy fire and heart of flames nodes for the same points !!!!!!

that's

70% Burn + 61% Fire damage + 3 fire pen

Vs

20% radius + 12 % area damage + 20 int + 5 HP

Think im going to try it .

Ah I see, forgot to include the duration of burn into my calculation. My bad.

Regarding Avatar of Fire for frenzy charges: it seems like a good idea, but you'd have to run both Blood Rage and Blood Dance boots to get more than one or two Frenzy charges per Discharge. It would also require at least a 5-linked Searing Touch as the first four links seem pretty strong with Discharge - Penetration - Iron Will - Proliferation, Cold to Fire could be a fifth link.

Elemental Equilibrium is a pretty strong element of this build, I'm not sure Avatar of Fire could compete with it. Personally, I'd just go with Flameblast instead of Flamesurge even if you don't like it too much, also because you don't want to get too close to some uniques and bosses with this build.

"
scrooge999 wrote:
Ah I see, forgot to include the duration of burn into my calculation. My bad.

Regarding Avatar of Fire for frenzy charges: it seems like a good idea, but you'd have to run both Blood Rage and Blood Dance boots to get more than one or two Frenzy charges per Discharge. It would also require at least a 5-linked Searing Touch as the first four links seem pretty strong with Discharge - Penetration - Iron Will - Proliferation, Cold to Fire could be a fifth link.

Elemental Equilibrium is a pretty strong element of this build, I'm not sure Avatar of Fire could compete with it. Personally, I'd just go with Flameblast instead of Flamesurge even if you don't like it too much, also because you don't want to get too close to some uniques and bosses with this build.

Yha well , i think EE is definatly the "right" way to go for the build , having that -50 resist is a massive deal for more than 1 reason , the main 1 being the burning damage is based off the largest burn since you are prolifing , hence the trash mob you get to -40 Resist with cursing fire pen and the EE de buff would then transtlate to the rare / boss mobs alowing you to bypass a great deal of thare resist.

That being said , i just HATE flameblast it's like the worst skill to me i can't stand standing standing still and casting it + it's counter intuitive for this build whare speed is so important .

I have a 6 link sering touch on standard but im building on warbands , i got this thing to get me discharging
It's all right to get started and farm up for a sering touch . Killed piety and dom last night with discharge both fights went fine ill start testing it out in act 4 merc today since im rianed out from work again ;) Whoot !!!! I also got a pair of blood dance but im waiting to use them as curently the socket colours are fucking me over , ( i won't even try to get 3 blue on it it will faill i already know this and im super poor ATM ;)

If you really don't want to use Flameblast, why not try Fire Trap for single target? It should put all the burning damage from Searing Touch to good use, you could even use it without EE if you want to. Only drawback is that you'd need some Dexterity, which this build can get by without otherwise.

Three blue on Blood Dance is pretty rare, true. Better put those triple-blue links in some ES helmet or boots or body armour, I find the build has some links to spare as you really only need Flameblast/Fire Trap, Discharge, and the curses for it.

Something else: I know Resolute Technique is just there to not die to Thornflesh packs. But crit multi is just 150%, and we give up a 7% chance to proc an Ignite with Discharge via critical strike. So it got me thinking about using the following...

instead of taking Resolute Technique. It would give us just the same protection against Thornflesh but would effectively give us an additional 14% chance to ignite (as it doubles critical strike chance). That's more than Mokou's Embrace gives us! Plus some life, dexterity and intelligence and a saved skill point. How about it?

Last edited by scrooge999 on Jul 21, 2015, 11:09:32 AM
"
scrooge999 wrote:
If you really don't want to use Flameblast, why not try Fire Trap for single target? It should put all the burning damage from Searing Touch to good use, you could even use it without EE if you want to. Only drawback is that you'd need some Dexterity, which this build can get by without otherwise.

Three blue on Blood Dance is pretty rare, true. Better put those triple-blue links in some ES helmet or boots or body armour, I find the build has some links to spare as you really only need Flameblast/Fire Trap, Discharge, and the curses for it.

Something else: I know Resolute Technique is just there to not die to Thornflesh packs. But crit multi is just 150%, and we give up a 7% chance to proc an Ignite with Discharge via critical strike. So it got me thinking about using the following...

instead of taking Resolute Technique. It would give us just the same protection against Thornflesh but would effectively give us an additional 14% chance to ignite (as it doubles critical strike chance). That's more than Mokou's Embrace gives us! Plus some life, dexterity and intelligence and a saved skill point. How about it?

Fire traps not a bad idea but you are right about the dex being a problem as you will want it level 20 .

As for resolute Technique it's actualy not just thare for show and reflect/thorns packs , it's also thare to help prolif. Since you do cold damage as well if you crit with discharge any trash mobs will probley shater , in witch case the corps can not ele prolif , so problem for killing rares . Also if you want to go crit you need a MINIMUM of 40 % and with a skill that takes so long to charge up as this 1 id say you would want much more so id say no to that idea. If you want to not take RT then id go a more standard rainbow nuke style discharge with CoC .

I made it to level 73 today started into level 70 maps , having a bit of problems with the tank only got 3.5 k HP and im missing caped resists on fire and lightning , bit of a problem but better gear should help this.

DPS is fine on all trash , rares , warbands , and exiles but some bosses ( especialy act 4 map bosses ) are giving me a real problem. I bought a Flameblast to try it but still am leveling it , i may have to use it for boss fights after all. Flame surge is better for killing burning rares and exiles but falls a bit flat vs a boss 1v1 with no trash mobs around.

Hears my gear so far still have a long way to go

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info