[2.0 HC/SC] Wolder's Blood Magic Burning Discharger Scion/Templar

Died yesterday, and was at lvl 75. My plans are now that i will make a RF version.
Tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUA-d1PBEPIW6CnVXwOaPKvbPAfC2GiAMauBLPE9jwtDF_AZiftg8wcpzwFBg4ZLrc-U6XvfJ_f1HzZYUGH_gqaOwn2rY1XDfno2L3yRYKbz37SIZZs85vxrILHaHQ1kjrh7DjyQZHOaGUpLij62mL-j6ZXOtiCB3y4mK24kxhWlKBN4ycvAZEaPhzckFUt0vIvXz_r7ho49kjBBBQgmuDEWHlo7w5FnaluUEdTUnfjwBoB3G87hNlko8S4R35hIdX4vTaE72VNourawb6nEuEuU3Tt028FLXrvjxqDX4V7ZlQ=

All 3 endurance charges
More mobility in the dualist area
More life
7 Jewel Slots
Very high fire res
No BM, therefore AA is now a very viable option
Using shield and a scepter/wand
A lot more tanky

I will update the guide when i am back in the 70's or make a new thread, because it is a whole new build.

GL and HF with your builds :D
I made it to level 73 today started into level 70 maps , having a bit of problems with the tank only got 3.5 k HP and im missing caped resists on fire and lightning , bit of a problem but better gear should help this.

I feel pretty squishy too at the moment. Have 4.7 k life, 500 ES and capped resists, and died a number of times yesterday running a yellow 74 map at level 82. Devourers in particular hit hard and aren't killed by the first Discharge if there are no other mobs around. It seems to me that at higher-level maps some kind of additional damage migitation beyond life and modest armour - Lightning Coil, Mind over Matter or whatever - is almost required to not die too much. Still having a lot of fun but sticking to 73- maps at the moment.

If anyone has helpful comments how to address this with gear (only got modest currency though):

@SirSwift: I see your new tree still takes Elemental Equilibrium, how would that work with Righteous Fire dealing continous fire damage?
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Last edited by scrooge999 on Jul 22, 2015, 5:14:54 AM
"
@SirSwift: I see your new tree still takes Elemental Equilibrium, how would that work with Righteous Fire dealing continous fire damage?

"Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistances to those Elements and −50% Resistances to other Elements"
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Equilibrium
RF deals burning damage, and does not hit. It just deals damage life burning ground.

The reason that i go RF is not to deal damage with RF itself. It scales the discharge damage, and by having a one handed weapon with spell/fire damage, discharge will deal more damage.
Also the fire resist makes the build very good vs reflect.

By having 2x the block from a shield compared to a staff, this version will be better at mitigating damage. Also it is possible to take block nodes in the tree, and therefore get more tanky. The damage loss should be equal to the damage RF will give passively.

Ty for your Feedback!
Last edited by SirSwift on Jul 22, 2015, 6:19:26 AM
Thanks for the clarification. Then, Righteous Fire Discharge looks certainly interesting.

You're right that a shield gives quite some damage mitigation, so for now I've switched from Searing Touch to a Doryani's Catalyst + Rathpit Globe. Definitely feels tankier, and with five Endurance Charges damage hasn't taken too much of a hit.

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
"
Thanks for the clarification. Then, Righteous Fire Discharge looks certainly interesting.

You're right that a shield gives quite some damage mitigation, so for now I've switched from Searing Touch to a Doryani's Catalyst + Rathpit Globe. Definitely feels tankier, and with five Endurance Charges damage hasn't taken too much of a hit.

No problem. I will make a clarification on how EE works on the burning damage from discharge later. I am glad that it feels tankier. I start leveling this week and will be good to go with testing in some days. :)

Ty for feedback
"
SirSid wrote:
I made it to level 73 today started into level 70 maps , having a bit of problems with the tank only got 3.5 k HP and im missing caped resists on fire and lightning , bit of a problem but better gear should help this.

I feel pretty squishy too at the moment. Have 4.7 k life, 500 ES and capped resists, and died a number of times yesterday running a yellow 74 map at level 82.

/quote]

yha man they deffinatly seem to have up'ed the map damage a great deal with all the changes , making late game maping a hell of a lot harder.

with 4.7k life caped resist and 6 end charges you should be tanking like a boss. Im doing 70 maps with 3.5 k life and it's doable but difficult ( level 74 ) more difficult then i feel it should be with this build.

Im almost to the last life wheel , picking that up will defeinatly help, but i feel i need to get unwavaring stance , since i am betting that stunn lock will still be a problem. with this much base life stun should not be a problem im running around with caped phsical resist with end charges up but for some reason im still getting stunned alot. I think it's this extra phsical damage in maps with this patch , it's just to much to deal with , paired with the fact you are not really stunning mobs with constant attacks like other builds .
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
bump

I'm hitting that point in the build where I start to struggle dealing with the physical damage dealt by mobs and am unable to safely get into packs. I'm going to try to find a way to implement Artic Armour into the build as well as taking all the life nodes nearby as possible and giving up the section near blast radius and stopping by the life node next to cruel preparation for extra life, a little more armor, some more res, and grabbing unwavering. This seems like a much HC tuned version of the build that doesn't sacrifice too much although without running increased AOE in a gem socket discharge might not be hitting as far as you would like. I think one way around this if you cant get another link is to purchase a 15%+ quality discharge to help out a bit and its pretty affordable, I payed 4c for mine.

Also I think you should mention that you need to have elem equilibrium, unwavering, and RT before switching to discharge around lvl 70 to give people a better idea of what they want in the tree. Although you would have to update your tree so that it would be getting unwavering. Also I would like to mention that Doedre's Scorn is an insanely good undervalued helmet in my opinion.

Here is the link to the build path im going to try out. Feel free to use it in the OP if you think its a good HC alternative path (I do!):

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUB-d2LjMCaCarZ_MBmBLOiAPAfPAXvfJ_faPKaO4Kb7DiFe2ZUOtgnL5BVGjhZ83IPcYV65mP9RtfaubFCrKpyqfcyfNnqGHasz36tjfjru-2RzhRx2XyCB_JBDjzfv9tP4MMlvDpSvJ8YkfxLFE3E9iftBg7UfAn2Zp760hZv42okqjbpHRSPRpuhGGo5UlgH99esmDpYVcaD26cI6-4c3LiTjxoo-pitgsf56EGHtz7-CvJFOuGmV03j_o81kti98WwhsDT3l4UulJ2uA3WRK1h3XwTz3WhlAeenMJ_L
Last edited by thedeathcon5 on Jul 23, 2015, 4:45:27 AM
I like that tree a lot, I just went through Blast Radius into the Heart and Soul cluster in order to be able to run Clarity + Arctic Armour off mana instead of Blood Magic, otherwise it's fairly similar.

As stated above, the thing I found to help the most against physical damage is giving up Searing Touch for Doryani's Catalyst + Rathpit Globe (or a shield with high armour and some spell or elemental damage). You block twice as many attacks than otherwise, which can be a 500 or 1000 life hit difference.

"
As stated above, the thing I found to help the most against physical damage is giving up Searing Touch for Doryani's Catalyst + Rathpit Globe (or a shield with high armour and some spell or elemental damage). You block twice as many attacks than otherwise, which can be a 500 or 1000 life hit difference.

Yeah the issue for me to run that setup is that I would have to spend 25+ex to get that setup going and in a new league thats not something I could afford any time soon. I decided to just run AA on BM its costing me about 450 hp but will probably be worth doing. Even with slightly over 50% physical damage reduction its still hitting like a truck.
Last edited by thedeathcon5 on Jul 23, 2015, 11:13:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info