Beta Map Drops and Patch Deployment Delay

Couldn't really give a shit about beta at this point. We're almost at the launch and no amount of testing will be enough to actually perfect the game to a point where the developers could say: 'the game's ready, let's take a year off.'

I never got a Beta-key but I've read all the updates, every manifesto and spent countless hours discussing stuff with friends, theorycrafting (pen and paper, I wouldn't even know how to make a guide on here xD ) for future and I hope there'll be unbalanced and broken things, little glitches and stuff. Stuff that makes for future Legacy items and insane builds that only the best of us can afford to build.

That's not gonna ever be me but as long as it's possible even in theory, I'll keep on playing to get a few more exalts to make the next build even better than the previous one.
--------------------------------------
Dudes need their beauty sleep too
--------------------------------------
OK, its time to SWITCH OFF this stupid RMT beta right now.
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

I've had a beta key forever and the 4 days will not be enough for me to see the rest of act 4 but since it's coming out on 10th ... I'm not all that fussed. I would prefer to have had patch today/tomorrow but if it ain't ready, it ain't ready, nothing you can do.
Censored.
As a consolation for this egregious grievance, you should give us a detailed preview of the new MTX that will, undoubtedly, lead to the squandering of monies; and fill your dirty coffers to the brim.
not much testing of last bit. Nice.
I've deleted the beta today. I didn't understand the point of spending a lot of time getting into act 4 to level a char and farm stuff that gets deleted anyway when the content goes live. baffles my mind

for the record, I started the beta client once. does act 1 normal feel "like a completely different experience"? no. not at all. boring as fuck as always. make normal difficulty skippable already!
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Jul 2, 2015, 2:34:26 PM
-
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Jul 2, 2015, 2:38:07 PM
"
Javahulk wrote:
So the plan is to make sweeping changes to the mapping system at the same time you wipe the servers, 4 days before this all goes live? You have just set yourself up for a massive failure of a launch if the community finds ANY problems with the content. This is poor planning.

don't worry, they will blame (and punish) players for "abusing" the holes they left in the game ;-)
"
neurolergic wrote:
Seriously guys! I suck at PoE and arpg games in general, yet I don't need more than 3 sessions of ~3 hours to reach merciless with any build. 4 days is enough. Also I am pretty sure that they act as if beta wouldn't end on 10th so that in case of any vis major situation with the release they still can continue the beta.

I play solo only. I need 3 hours to go through ACT 1
"
LMTR14 wrote:
make normal difficulty skippable already!

No thank you.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info