Beta Map Drops and Patch Deployment Delay

I think you guys are overestimating just how important "testing" on beta is. We found a lot of crashes, a lot of bugs, probably freed up a bunch of staff who would have spent their time doing that so they could do other things. But lets be real, it wasnt ready, they needed time, some stuff like jewels needed a bit of a run through and we did that already, but ultimately they needed time to finish it, and selling some supporter packs was nice and GGG deserve that money. You actually testing content for things other than crashes and bugs was never of much real importance, you testing map drops is literally meaningless. They will have map drops how they want them, which will never be enough for most people to be happy, and if people complain a lot they will slightly buff them, this has been going on forever without any beta being involved and generally we are never truly happy with it because its a system that by design pisses off the vast majority of players and will continue to shit on the average player in the name of slowing down the 10 individuals who race for 100 regardless of all the complaining in the world. Give you 4 days to test it, 7 days, a month, it really doesnt matter at all.

I havent played beta in over a month, probably way longer, ultimately what youre doing over there is pretty meaningless, if I felt like it meant anything Id be playing it. Youre just spoilering content and ruining the expansion for yourselves for basically nothing, let the people who play it regardless play and find the instance crashing, quest breaking bugs, watch that couple of movies youve been putting off on netflicks for a week and enjoy the expansion properly when it releases.
wait... if you get inner treasure mod from an enemy and then die, can you get a unique drop from your own death? (one unique lets you inherit a rare monster mod, which I think was one of the mods on that list?)
We are never so offensive as when we are being defensive. (-me?)
Last edited by Grollip on Jul 4, 2015, 7:43:12 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
They run simulations.

Going with that logic why even have a beta?

It's easy to set up a simulation to number crunch map drops based upon the numbers set for drop rates and all that.

It's nearly impossible to set up a simulation that will tell you what content people will do in what order, what skills they will use, what gear they will decide is worth equipping, which jewels, what areas/monsters/etc kill them the most, what areas/monsters/etc get played the most, and so on and so forth.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
I hope u increase drop rate from maps overall .. since u ninja nerfed map drops last league ... u didnt say anything but EVERYBODY noticed it .. if it will be the same as last league even act 4 cant make me play this game again .. saldy :(
US Time, I didn't notice it till now, WHY YOU DOING THIS?!
Thanks for the continuing hard work you guys at GGG have put into this game! Think it may be time for me to come back for a bit. Hopefully, desync really is a thing of the past! Cheers!
Just wanted to say thanks Chris & Team for your hard work :)
We love you.
"
Grollip wrote:
wait... if you get inner treasure mod from an enemy and then die, can you get a unique drop from your own death? (one unique lets you inherit a rare monster mod, which I think was one of the mods on that list?)

This was tested with the Headhunter Belt before, and you don't drop a unique.
What time in US Monday, exactly?
Hi,

Is this why I get continuously disconnected?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info