Beta Map Drops and Patch Deployment Delay

"
neurolergic wrote:
Seriously guys! I suck at PoE and arpg games in general, yet I don't need more than 3 sessions of ~3 hours to reach merciless with any build. 4 days is enough. Also I am pretty sure that they act as if beta wouldn't end on 10th so that in case of any vis major situation with the release they still can continue the beta.

[Removed by Support]Most ppl need more than 3 hours to reach cruel. I personally need around 20 hours to reach 70+ and maps. Not everyone is a racer in this game and rush every content like hell. Also some of us have a life outside of the computer.

I'm not saying it's generally bad to postpone the patch - it's glad to see they're that much encouraged to have this game on the 10th ready. For me personally it's sad to not have this weekend for testing merc. act 4 before the league starts. I won't have enough time from Monday till Friday to play every evening for this goal.

It would be very nice when the patch on Monday comes without a wipe. Personally I think there is no benefit in a wipe when there are only 4 days left on the beta.
Last edited by Gary_GGG on Jul 2, 2015, 11:34:54 AM
Yeah it's kinda silly. Imo they just should release the patch with no wipe. What are people going to accomplish in 4 days? Ok so you want people to make new characters so they experience the new content in normal difficulty? So, some people will still do that anyway if you don't wipe, and since they will have good leveling items like goldrim, tabula rasa, lifesprig, etc, they will actually be able to accomplish something with those characters.

And that's not even the biggest problem. One of the changes they want to test is a new drop rate for maps. How many people are going to make it to the highest tier of maps in just 4 days? IMHO, It's kind of ridiculous that they think a wipe is a good idea. Just leave it as is until release.
Last edited by Nerdicide on Jul 2, 2015, 11:24:49 AM
Release the patch NO WIPE IMO so we can test the new content
Strength and Honor,
Phatboi
"
xstylenx wrote:

But the point is to test the rest of Act 4 in all difficulty modes. It won't do much good if all anyone plays is Act 4 Merciless.

Actually, come to think of it, GGG has said they do not even really need us to test the rest of Act 4's content since they've been testing it internally all this time.

So giving us the ability to play the full expansion before release seems more like a thank you than real testing. In which case - Yeah - There's no real point to wiping.
"
xofake wrote:
You guys are silly complaining about patch delay :S
You must be happy that developers are so responsible and don't want you to play broken game!

I think it is more that since the release date is set now and the last patch was delayed a bit for "tiles" and now all of a sudden all these horrible game crippling bugs are found it just all seems a bit dodgy to a lot of us. It has kept me from buying a support pack I can tell you that.
ohh what a bad news :(
- i cant level up a character that will be deleted monday
- i will not be able to full level and gearing up a character in 4 days

nb: 100% sure a wipe occurs monday isnt it ?
Last edited by yamadaHamamoto on Jul 2, 2015, 12:26:16 PM
How are you gonna test if the bosses in normal are balanced? The new synergy with leveling and areas? A wipe is needed to see the balance of normal bosses and the new leveling with new areas.

We have seen how much GGG has tested the map drops in the last 2 months with it being impossible to reach 77+ maps with low % drop chances.

"
Daugvolf wrote:
"
xstylenx wrote:

But the point is to test the rest of Act 4 in all difficulty modes. It won't do much good if all anyone plays is Act 4 Merciless.

Actually, come to think of it, GGG has said they do not even really need us to test the rest of Act 4's content since they've been testing it internally all this time.

So giving us the ability to play the full expansion before release seems more like a thank you than real testing. In which case - Yeah - There's no real point to wiping.
Last edited by JimmysJonka on Jul 2, 2015, 12:27:12 PM
What's the point of adding a patch/wipe on Monday 6 July when you are going to wipe it all anyway on the 10 July. 4 days to test. Some of us actually work for a living (we are usually the ones paying money to buy items from your shop) and only get the chance to play Beta in the evenings or on weekends. Thanks for that steel capped boot kick in the teeth GGG.
Not even going to bother playing the beta until deployment on the 10 July, what's the point?
Be really nice if GGG let beta testers keep some of the gear they gained over this lastest test run, like saying "hey testers, thanks for all the hard work and great feedback; keep your gains and one best selected character when we go mainstream; just a little something to show our appreciation for all your hard work".

On the other hand, all my other characters (with the great gear I gained there) on Standard league will get full points respec and I will know exactly how to respec those higher level characters too, because I played on the Beta.
Last edited by Ruserius on Jul 2, 2015, 1:10:10 PM
"
Ruserius wrote:
What's the point of adding a patch/wipe on Monday 6 July when you are going to wipe it all anyway on the 10 July. 4 days to test. Some of us actually work for a living (we are usually the ones paying money to buy items from your shop) and only get the chance to play Beta in the evenings or on weekends. Thanks for that steel capped boot kick in the teeth GGG.
Not even going to bother playing the beta until deployment on the 10 July, what's the point?
Be really nice if GGG let beta testers keep some of the gear they gained over this lastest test run, like saying "hey testers, thanks for all the hard work and great feedback; keep your gains and best one selected character when we go mainstream; just a little something to show our appreciation for all your hard work". But it seems like GGG is really saying is "FU beta testers, we got we wanted, see you later and by the way thanks for the $30 you spent to get in to play the Beta, Sucker".

The beta was never going to be a place to accumulate things to take along with you into 2.0 live. Also, nobody was forced into buying beta access.

Why didn't you just continue playing the permanent live? Would have saved yourself a lot of aggravation.
"
Some of us actually work for a living (we are usually the ones paying money to buy items from your shop) and only get the chance to play Beta in the evenings or on weekends. Thanks for that steel capped boot kick in the teeth GGG.

This is pretty petulant working-adult behaviour. A temporary patch with minor updates to the game is being delayed to the far side of a weekend. Is this a nuisance? Sure. Is it even remotely equivalent to a steel-capped boot kick in the teeth? Not even close.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info