Beta Map Drops and Patch Deployment Delay

"
ama wrote:
85% of players can't even reach Merciless in 4 days, so yes, wipe is questionable.

With the four days being working days I'm not even sure I can reach Act 4 in Normal, let alone merciless, if there is a wipe. Without the wipe, I have a character that could run the new Act 4 material in all three difficulties and at least give some feedback.
Relax, guys

Everyone seems to be forgetting that GGG has an internal test server and has already gone through test phases for new map drops and gems and content. The point of getting it out onto a beta server is to get enough people playing to find the more obscure bugs, and to gauge how the "average gamer" experiences the content. They can do both of these in 1 or 2 days, 4 is plenty. The whole point of the last two months of beta was to iron out all the issues so that this patch COULD be completed in a week.

And let's not forget that they can and will be releasing patches for the game even after its live. Do your part, play through normal and enjoy the end of act 4 and the new skills. Then wait patiently for the 10th.
Last edited by IceyDevil on Jul 2, 2015, 9:42:07 AM
4 days of final beta testing starting from scratch. Where the main problem is the maps and the new content of A4?? Who thought out this brilliant idea?

Sounds like d3 vanilla beta testing and will punish the game at release with a ton of untested problems.
"
Zhatan wrote:
4 days of final beta testing starting from scratch. Where the main problem is the maps and the new content of A4?? Who thought out this brilliant idea?

Sounds like d3 vanilla beta testing and will punish the game at release with a ton of untested problems.

dam right bro. We will see how it will go wrong for sure with unfixed things on live.. because no time to fix them. And then again on live wont be time to do so too because they will be busy with new league bugs :)
So yet again 10 july is impossible and i dont understand this hype :) Postpone it 1 week more for the love of exile
haha, everyone gave their items away or vaal'd and ruined them because of the wipe announced two weeks ago, and most people haven't even been playing, and now you delay it by not one, but four days!!!! epic
"
bug77 wrote:
Pretty obvious, but I'm gonna say it anyway: not only is this only four days of testing, it's only four working days of testing. Oh well, I was expecting 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 really soon anyway, we can live with that.

It is a short time for testing admittedly, but enough time for people to get to new content on a myriad of platforms and test whether the new stuff is working correctly. Balance testing though does take longer, but at the same time, this extended round gives them more mapping and end game info, so it is still kinda useful.
Hey...is this thing on?
On a serious note. Can't you just release the skills and stuff and leave the broken content out till monday?

Sigh there goes my plans for the weekend with a couple freinds.

honestly though
I am your Devine one Bow before me
"
IceyDevil wrote:
Relax, guys

Everyone seems to be forgetting that GGG has an internal test server and has already gone through test phases for new map drops and gems and content. The point of getting it out onto a beta server is to get enough people playing to find the more obscure bugs, and to gauge how the "average gamer" experiences the content. They can do both of these in 1 or 2 days, 4 is plenty. The whole point of the last two months of beta was to iron out all the issues so that this patch COULD be completed in a week.

And let's not forget that they can and will be releasing patches for the game even after its live. Do your part, play through normal and enjoy the end of act 4 and the new skills. Then wait patiently for the 10th.

And you seem to be forgeting that most of the people that play POE work for a living.
As in maybe 2-3 hours a night of gaming not always on PoE.
Expecting people to give Feedback on 4 Working days of the entire content is silly.
People who work are thier target market but the only people who get to test will be kids who on holidays etc?
how does that even make sense
I am your Devine one Bow before me
Seriously guys! I suck at PoE and arpg games in general, yet I don't need more than 3 sessions of ~3 hours to reach merciless with any build. 4 days is enough. Also I am pretty sure that they act as if beta wouldn't end on 10th so that in case of any vis major situation with the release they still can continue the beta.
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein
"
shadopaw wrote:
On a serious note. Can't you just release the skills and stuff and leave the broken content out till monday?

Sigh there goes my plans for the weekend with a couple freinds.

honestly though

I wish.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info