Unique Rebalance for The Awakening

"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
HyP_ wrote:
why the fuck would i spend over 2000 hours of brutal non fun grind to get 200 ex if i gain 100 dollars a hour and i can buy a legacy kaom with 2 hours of work? shame on you GGG for not caring for standart.

no - shame on you for being that dumb (to think you cant live/have fun without the even more OP version of an even still OP item), and violating the game's rules with 'supporting' that assholes that exploit games (also violating the rules) to make own realmoney profit from it. EOD

100$ a hour. Oh yeah, that buddy is just a dreaming troll ;)
"
Rupenus wrote:
Rich are getting richer

this is always the case if you allow focussing on a amrket in a permanent environment.

"
Rupenus wrote:
Poor becomes more dependant to the rich

this is 'only' true if these poors think they must become 'rich' too, and its because its impossible to achieve: only the "growing wealth" of the poors makes the more wealthy even more wealthy.

POE specific: in permanents, each valuable drop increases the overall wealth (theoretically), but in practice only real currency drops increase the supply of spendable 'money' (lessed by 'currency' spent for crafting; increased additionally by migrations from challenge leagues)

Conclusion: every (valuable) item that is not sold to a vendor (or wrecked by corruption etc), and every single currency that is not spent to craft, increased the wealth of Wraeclast - the "rest" is just a question of distribution. If you dont participate on this 'carousel' - you'll always only have what you get on your own, and/but you never should consider you as poor then: you never should compare with the others from the market.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
AAlex12 wrote:
100$ a hour. Oh yeah, that buddy is just a dreaming troll ;)

exact numbers dont matter ^^
--
I like the changes. Especially the last one, regarding Mjolner :).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Sold my Mjo this morning Do not give 2 licks about that thing.Sure I lost some exalts but it does not bother me because.
They will most likely come out with other items like these to compensate as time goes on or better things(imagine a fire type of Mjolner) so not too worry about legacy items.
I Have seen it in past video games and will probley see it again in this one.
And like as other people have said you do not need over godly and uber gears to be good at this game.
Read some tips and watch some videos you do not get rich overnight(unless you find a mirror):P.Learning to craft my own weapons has helped me out alot.
"
Sold my Mjo this morning Do not give 2 licks about that thing.Sure I lost some exalts but it does not bother me because.
They will most likely come out with other items like these to compensate as time goes on or better things(imagine a fire type of Mjolner) so not too worry about legacy items.
I Have seen it in past video games and will probley see it again in this one.
And like as other people have said you do not need over godly and uber gears to be good at this game.
Read some tips and watch some videos you do not get rich overnight(unless you find a mirror):P.Learning to craft my own weapons has helped me out alot.

Have you seen anything that compensates against legacy kaoms, shavs? And now ripper and mjoln?

I think you are in for a very very long wait here my friend.
The idea of legacy anything is just bad, it's all bad. Please, to all of you saying that legacy is awesome, please please please explain what "Good" a legacy version does for the game as a whole. Hiding behind the classic rhetoric "It gives newbs something to work for" isn't a real reason, it's a politician's side-step not an actual explanation.

Also as far as "getting" exalts, anyone that claims that "getting" 30-40ex is easy probably bots or rmt's. I go to my fridge to "get" a beer. If "getting" 30-40 exalts was easy everyone would have thousands of exalts by the time they hit lvl 85. Exalts are more of a grind. You grind, you grind hard, you use chaos/regal recipes, you open a shop thread, you do your best to clear as fast as possible, you line up the same type of map and you run them over and over and over as quickly as possible, you keep you eyes open for a bro-deal that you can flip, you grind up sac fragments and sell them or run them to get midnights then sell those. Yeah....lemme just go "grab" a mirror to pay for that, brb
"
ImaMonstr wrote:
The idea of legacy anything is just bad, it's all bad. Please, to all of you saying that legacy is awesome, please please please explain what "Good" a legacy version does for the game as a whole. Hiding behind the classic rhetoric "It gives newbs something to work for" isn't a real reason, it's a politician's side-step not an actual explanation.

The way I understand this is that legacy items exist because if/when they make changes to the game, people will go up in flames "OMG thanks, this ruined my build, GG GGG, I'm quitting!".

If an item is overpowered it makes sense that they change it, but at the same time, they can get rid of the change-haters by letting them keep their existing ones. This mechanic is completely unneeded, but in my opinion interesting and something that makes "unique" items really feel unique.

As for my comment on the changes - if there was to be a retrograde nerf (leaving no legacy version), I believe it should be on Mjölner and that's coming from a player whose Mjol represents ~90% of all his wealth. xD
That shit is just mindblowingly strong and it wouldn't be too bad if it was nerfed... however legacy is cool too, a nerf was needed though.

Overall, thumbs up!
In all honesty This only affects those who play standard, THe majority of people play Leagues or races.
Standard is well king of derpness, Surprising anyone even bothers playing it tbh
I am your Devine one Bow before me
"
The way I understand this is that legacy items exist because if/when they make changes to the game, people will go up in flames "OMG thanks, this ruined my build, GG GGG, I'm quitting!".

Not fully correct. Legacy items exist because some changes (like adding new affixes) would need to be applied on all existing related items which would mean a lot of offline time for the game on such patches. Changing value ranges on existing affixes with a 'free reroll' would additional cause frustration when going from a hard-achieved max to a rather low value; while keeping the relation inside the range is not always possible.

"
If an item is overpowered it makes sense that they change it, but at the same time, they can get rid of the change-haters by letting them keep their existing ones. This mechanic is completely unneeded

The main thing is, that these items mostly become OP trough a change in the game's balance or mechanics (a well designed and -thought item should never be that failed to need a nerf without a 'second reason') - so we should NEVER ever need their previous state to be viable. And from that point, its just a totally silly decision to have kept them. People will always cry, but while a removal of legacies is just a 'cry once on affect' is keeping them an 'endless (but useless) continous lament'.
--

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info