Unique Rebalance for The Awakening

With regards to Unique chests is Atziri's Splendour being altered in any way for Awakening??

A guildie mentioned he heard it was but I can't find any threads/comments regarding this...and he isn't sure whats being changed on it...

anyone got any info or is this just more unique bollocks that's been flung around?

LGW
"
Mr_Cee wrote:

But, back to the OP'ness again: the twist is, that every qq'er stands and shouts and wants that 'truly best' lego block - even if the house doesnt ever need that ship's engine... :D

Just that simple: a build that doesnt work with actual stuff, is a build from the past.

This is called with a simple word: envy. People are envious, and they want that "truly faceowning build from the past", even if there's an effective build with actual items. I.e. you can build a solid character with actual Facebreaker, you can do game content with such a character, you don't actually need legacy FB to do the game content. But lagacy FB is just plain 30% better, and that causes butthurt.
"
AAlex12 wrote:
"
Mr_Cee wrote:

But, back to the OP'ness again: the twist is, that every qq'er stands and shouts and wants that 'truly best' lego block - even if the house doesnt ever need that ship's engine... :D

Just that simple: a build that doesnt work with actual stuff, is a build from the past.

This is called with a simple word: envy. People are envious, and they want that "truly faceowning build from the past", even if there's an effective build with actual items. I.e. you can build a solid character with actual Facebreaker, you can do game content with such a character, you don't actually need legacy FB to do the game content. But lagacy FB is just plain 30% better, and that causes butthurt.

Its not envy, its called progress. And everyone wants to progress their characters to the best they can be. Not the second best after everyone with legacies.
"
robmafia wrote:
i can't tell if i'm more stoked for path of legacy or path of new tiers. either way, i guess it's path of screwing crafters.

over the years, it's become mroe than obvious that ggg has no idea how to balance... anything. skills, uniques, mods/tiers, maps, xp, skill tree - all get rollercoastered.

3 steps forward, 2 steps back. 2 steps forward, 4 steps back.

it's rather astounding, in that some of these mistakes have been so glaringly obvious to most everyone. ie: mjolner, coe, acuity, lameblast.

i haven't logged in to the game in weeks... and with new tiers imminent, it seems that i won't bother to ever log in again. it's ironic that the straw that broke this camel's back comes alongside what should be the best fix of all - an end to desync.

not that anyone gives a crap/sees this, on page 26 or whatever.

"
not that anyone gives a crap/sees this, on page 26 or whatever.

but
it's page 25
"
Zhatan wrote:
"
"
Zhatan wrote:
This legacy XXX is horribly ridiculous. Look at the cesspool that is standard now because of it :(

The worst way of penalising new players ive ever seen. Impossible to get any friend to try this game in a permanent league because of it. :(

The assumption is that all new players will play on Standard league and also will feel an uncontrollable compulsion to only build around legacy items they cannot ever acquire. Thus they will spiral downward into worsening insanity as what they want is always out of reach, only to finally acquire it and then realize it was all for nothing. In the end, they throw themselves into a pit of wild Kiwis to end it all.

The rest of us will just play on the 4 month leagues.

Where should the new players play right now then in your opinion?

Most of the ppl I know want to be able to be the best they can be. But when they have to get items for 100 ex + they quickly refuses to play the game. They are not the kind of ppl who find it funny to run around on a budget build and suck ass all day long with no chance to ever make it into the big league.

If there always was a 4 month league up this wouldnt be an issue but as it is now...

So I guess you'd like new players to be able to get the perfect gear in 1 month. Do you think THAT would motivate them to play longer? If there's anything that keeps players playing, it's the fact that there is always something to achieve, some new upgrade to play for etc.

I busted my ass for my Mjolner gear-setup that's worth around 400exa, and by no means is that the best setup. I've got no mirror-quality items on me. Those who built mirror-gear setups, /hatsoff is all I'll say to that.

Thank you GGG for the legacy. New players? If you want it, play for it, simple... That's what Standard is for anyway, you've got UNLIMITED time to acquire whatever you want. If you expected to get it within a month, you're playing the wrong game.
IGN: Bootfish, Bootcharge, Krux ☆ PoE YouTube Channel: http://tinyurl.com/bootfish
2.0 Uber Atziri Video guide for "Mjolner Armor Life MoM/EB": http://tinyurl.com/malmomeb
2.0 Videos: 82 Core ☆ Uber Atziri: http://tinyurl.com/bootfish
Build guide thread: http://tinyurl.com/liferainbownuke
"
Zhatan wrote:

Its not envy, its called progress. And everyone wants to progress their characters to the best they can be. Not the second best after everyone with legacies.

Progress is in getting high-tier items in teir current state.
And using legacy items is a legal "exploit" of the past balance issues.
"
AAlex12 wrote:
"
Zhatan wrote:

Progress is in getting high-tier items in teir current state.
And using legacy items is a legal "exploit" of the past balance issues.

You make it sound like attaining legacy items is impossible. Currency is attainable, thus legacy items are too. If you're going to sit there and tell me that getting 30-40-50 or more Exa's is impossible, then you're playing the game wrong or still haven't figured out how to participate in the market.

Bottom line is, NO ITEM SETUP is unattainable, no matter if you're a new player or an old player.
IGN: Bootfish, Bootcharge, Krux ☆ PoE YouTube Channel: http://tinyurl.com/bootfish
2.0 Uber Atziri Video guide for "Mjolner Armor Life MoM/EB": http://tinyurl.com/malmomeb
2.0 Videos: 82 Core ☆ Uber Atziri: http://tinyurl.com/bootfish
Build guide thread: http://tinyurl.com/liferainbownuke
"
Krux wrote:

You make it sound like attaining legacy items is impossible. Currency is attainable, thus legacy items are too. If you're going to sit there and tell me that getting 30-40-50 or more Exa's is impossible, then you're playing the game wrong or still haven't figured out how to participate in the market.

Bottom line is, NO ITEM SETUP is unattainable, no matter if you're a new player or an old player.

But when a normal, dropable items turns into OP legacy undropable ones, it brings unfair profit to everyone, who kept those items at the moment they became legacy. That's why a new player (who didnt keep any items that gone legacy) will be at disadvantage. That refers not just to legacy items, but to some "close-to-legacy" items too, or example, Atziri's gloves (which droprate was greatly reduced some time after their release)

Not to mention, that some legacy items ruin the game due to their OP stats. For example, items like
(especially with much better rolls on IIR and IIQ.
And the only way to gain high wealth on the market is to buy items too cheap and resell them for far higher price. Usually - legacy items, or currency flip.

And i still dont get it - why an item, still present in the game, may be undropable? That makes no sense at all!

I want to play relatively fair game, so i'm forced to play temporary league. I would like to play permanent league, but not with all that legacy shit and so on. Despite i own legacy items myself, of course (as most self-respecting old players do)
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Stop crying about legacy... Each patch as its own set of crazy uniques. And even if they are nerfed mjolner they'll demain viable. Permanent league for new players is like as an foreigner with no qualifications trying to start from scratch and become a selfmade man in an old economy setup.
"
Krux wrote:

1. Tell me please, where did i write, that getting 50 exa is impossible? I'll give you $50.
2. Attaining legacy items for everyone is impossible due to the limited quantity of those.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info