Woah woah WOAH! Spoilers D:

oh umm PUPPIES :O
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Nov 18, 2015, 2:20:31 AM
Im loving this game.

I dunno, I feel like if you played oblivion, f3, skyrim then this is exactly what you would expect f4 to be, the good and the bad.

My sanctuary town is ridiculous, Ive been uber nesting. I got to the point where my little size bar filled all the way up and my objects started bugging out, then I had to strip back a bit.

What these games desperately need is for someone in their team to work out how to animate faces from the mouth up. all the expression in a character happens with the eyes, the brow, the upper cheeks. Chars in these games are just a moving mouth with a completely expressionless face, its like a dummy. I feel like it just detaches you and leaves the game with a lack of soul.

It seems to me they have all this face dancing tech at the start to sculpt a character, more than enough to then make the face express emotions. Doesnt even have to be realistic, its fallout, it can be goofy jim carey style overacting ridiculous expressions and weird mismatched looks here and there, thats fine. If it sometimes makes you laugh cause its ridiculous then good, that could be a thing.

Its a glorious game though. Feels a bit bloated in parts, like next time around theyre going to strip down a lot of whats here to whats really needed and then build on that with more meaningful choices and options that are a bit more intuitive and easy to navigate.
I've thrown in the towel for now. Great game, just not enjoying it. I thought id get into it but 17 hours in im just not having fun. Maybe i'll go back to it sometime but meh. Beth games just might not be for me. I had more fun with Wasteland 2 tbh

*jumps back onto Blk Ops III
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I finally googled it and found out that Preston doesn't ever stop giving you settlement missions, I feel somewhat taken advantage of. So, I thought 'fuck it', have left Santuary, walled off the Red Rocket gas station, and will be using that as my homebase in order to avoid being guilt tripped by those bunch of ungrateful settler bastards.

Oh, started looking for my precious lost child again as well.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Darkfyre wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:

If I remember correctly the MMO wasn't actually Bethesda, but Interplay who licensed the brand back from them. Unfortunately, they found out later that the licensing agreement did not include any of the Fallout lore or assets, so they were only allowed to make an MMO named "Fallout".

This resulted in a huge legal case which basically killed the project.

I think that resulted in Interplay resurrecting the Black Isle brand for a non-Fallout crowdfunding project using the assets that would've gone towards the MMO.

I'm sure I'm getting the details wrong here though, so hopefully someone who remembers the details better can clarify.

I generally like bethesda for the games they make, but I gotta say that was a HUGE douchebag move on bethesda's part - ya we'll sell you the rights to fallout, but you can't make a fallout game! GOTCHA! wth.. fucking lawyers

I think you have it backwards? Beth bought the FO rights. They didn't want the original owners to make more fallout games after they had bought the IP.

I didn't get anything backwards. Yes bethesda bought the brand, but then they tried to trick Interplay with bait and switch licensing technicality bullshit when they "licensed" it back to them. Douchebaggery at it's finest.
Last edited by Darkfyre on Nov 18, 2015, 6:35:25 PM
"
I finally googled it and found out that Preston doesn't ever stop giving you settlement missions, I feel somewhat taken advantage of. So, I thought 'fuck it', have left Santuary, walled off the Red Rocket gas station, and will be using that as my homebase in order to avoid being guilt tripped by those bunch of ungrateful settler bastards.

Oh, started looking for my precious lost child again as well.

Right? He's a total pain in the ass! Not to mention every time you help a settlement you come across randomly you have to go back and talk to Preston to finish the quest, and then he's like "Oh, while you're here I have these other 17 settlements that need stuff!"

... Goddamnit Preston! Leave me alone! I just want to find my kid! Remember that? That thing that you said you'd help me with in the first place?

Whatevs Preston, I'm out. The Castle is my home now.
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
Tired of not knowing what you're gonna say.... Until you actually say it? Here's a vid by ZiggyD detailing a new mod (for PC, so far) which eliminates the guesswork of the dialogue in FO4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AuwzN56thg

=^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
If you find yourself unable to use VATS or (presumably) unable to attack etc. then this tutorial might be of help for you: http://imgur.com/a/770N4

You'll also want to avoid editing the iFPSClamp configuration file setting if you're trying to improve performance or eliminate stutter, here is why: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1581420-effects-of-the-ifpsclamp-setting-on-new-vegas/
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Nov 19, 2015, 3:48:20 AM
"
If you find yourself unable to use VATS or (presumably) unable to attack etc. then this tutorial might be of help for you: http://imgur.com/a/770N4

You'll also want to avoid editing the iFPSClamp configuration file setting if you're trying to improve performance or eliminate stutter, here is why: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1581420-effects-of-the-ifpsclamp-setting-on-new-vegas/

"
Raycheetah wrote:
Tired of not knowing what you're gonna say.... Until you actually say it? Here's a vid by ZiggyD detailing a new mod (for PC, so far) which eliminates the guesswork of the dialogue in FO4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AuwzN56thg

=^[.]^=

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Nov 19, 2015, 8:12:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info