Fallout 4

I can't wait! I just hope they retain more of the improvements from New Vegas than Skyrim did. I missed the Companion Wheel.

"
I thought they had a Fallout MMO in the works as well.

If I remember correctly the MMO wasn't actually Bethesda, but Interplay who licensed the brand back from them. Unfortunately, they found out later that the licensing agreement did not include any of the Fallout lore or assets, so they were only allowed to make an MMO named "Fallout".

This resulted in a huge legal case which basically killed the project.

I think that resulted in Interplay resurrecting the Black Isle brand for a non-Fallout crowdfunding project using the assets that would've gone towards the MMO.

I'm sure I'm getting the details wrong here though, so hopefully someone who remembers the details better can clarify.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Last edited by Dan_GGG on Jun 2, 2015, 7:35:39 PM
I'd recommend just playing FONV on it's own. It's completely self-contained and I don't think there's necessarily a benefit for playing through one and then bringing an endgame character into the other.
Gameplay & Level Design
It looks like they're going for a similar art style to Fallout 3. The trailer's more colourful, but the difference between this wasteland and Fallout 3's wasteland seems to be a lot smaller than between Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

They also seem to be heavily banking on the same kind of imagery they used in Fallout 3 - the Vault dweller with a dog, the Brotherhood power armour, even the broken overpasses.

That's a bit unfortunate because of the major themes of New Vegas was moving on examining whether all that stuff from the past was really relevant anymore. It undercuts that when the sequel is answering it with a resounding "yes".

I do love the broken overpasses though...
Gameplay & Level Design
The possibility certainly exists, but Bethesda do have a history of major systemic overhauls on stuff like TES, so I'm not personally confident in guessing where the gameplay will be at just yet.

In any case, New Vegas felt like a modded Fallout 3 and still managed to be one of my favourite games of all time.
Gameplay & Level Design
"
I have a sin to confess

I have console commanded the game to give me weight 5000 because fuck the weight system that is all

/dinosaur

No judgement here, I feel you.
Contact us at support@grindinggear.com!
This game is throwing all of the Fallout tropes at me out of the gate, but the actual Fallout is nowhere to be found. Admittedly I'm not that far in but I really hope it becomes Fallout soon.

If not, I guess I'll just wait for Obsidian to take this engine and make an actual RPG with it. That or finally get around to playing Wasteland 2.
Gameplay & Level Design
"
Brotherhood of douchebags made me kill my friend :_; fuck them

Woah woah WOAH! Spoilers D:
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
"
I finally googled it and found out that Preston doesn't ever stop giving you settlement missions, I feel somewhat taken advantage of. So, I thought 'fuck it', have left Santuary, walled off the Red Rocket gas station, and will be using that as my homebase in order to avoid being guilt tripped by those bunch of ungrateful settler bastards.

Oh, started looking for my precious lost child again as well.

Right? He's a total pain in the ass! Not to mention every time you help a settlement you come across randomly you have to go back and talk to Preston to finish the quest, and then he's like "Oh, while you're here I have these other 17 settlements that need stuff!"

... Goddamnit Preston! Leave me alone! I just want to find my kid! Remember that? That thing that you said you'd help me with in the first place?

Whatevs Preston, I'm out. The Castle is my home now.
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
This is pretty much the power grid in my settlement:

Contact us at support@grindinggear.com!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info