Fallout 4

"
Dan_GGG wrote:

If I remember correctly the MMO wasn't actually Bethesda, but Interplay who licensed the brand back from them. Unfortunately, they found out later that the licensing agreement did not include any of the Fallout lore or assets, so they were only allowed to make an MMO named "Fallout".

This resulted in a huge legal case which basically killed the project.

I think that resulted in Interplay resurrecting the Black Isle brand for a non-Fallout crowdfunding project using the assets that would've gone towards the MMO.

I'm sure I'm getting the details wrong here though, so hopefully someone who remembers the details better can clarify.

I generally like bethesda for the games they make, but I gotta say that was a HUGE douchebag move on bethesda's part - ya we'll sell you the rights to fallout, but you can't make a fallout game! GOTCHA! wth.. fucking lawyers
"
Darkfyre wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:

If I remember correctly the MMO wasn't actually Bethesda, but Interplay who licensed the brand back from them. Unfortunately, they found out later that the licensing agreement did not include any of the Fallout lore or assets, so they were only allowed to make an MMO named "Fallout".

This resulted in a huge legal case which basically killed the project.

I think that resulted in Interplay resurrecting the Black Isle brand for a non-Fallout crowdfunding project using the assets that would've gone towards the MMO.

I'm sure I'm getting the details wrong here though, so hopefully someone who remembers the details better can clarify.

I generally like bethesda for the games they make, but I gotta say that was a HUGE douchebag move on bethesda's part - ya we'll sell you the rights to fallout, but you can't make a fallout game! GOTCHA! wth.. fucking lawyers

I think you have it backwards? Beth bought the FO rights. They didn't want the original owners to make more fallout games after they had bought the IP.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
ZiggyD presents a vid on transferring mods to weapons (and, in some cases, armor) from existing gear with those mods:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BVaBGiPsgY

=^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Level 39 60 hours

/death claw T_T
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Nov 14, 2015, 7:17:16 PM
It's a fantastic game. It feels very copy/paste though, typical of Bethesda, lots to explore but it all starts to feel very same-y very quickly.

It feels like more of the same, so if you loved Fallout 3 it should be exactly what you want. I'm just struggling to get into it. I'm like 10 hours in and it feels very deja-vue..i've done this years ago..do I really want to do it all over again? I've stayed away from the spoilers and yet even I managed to call the story from the first half hour alone...trite.

I'm barely at the Corvega plant and i'm already kinda bored. It's great at what it does but it feels like Fallout 3- 2.0 so eh for me personally.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Nov 14, 2015, 10:23:46 PM
It's my first fallout :_;
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
TheWretch wrote:
It's a fantastic game. It feels very copy/paste though, typical of Bethesda, lots to explore but it all starts to feel very same-y very quickly.

It feels like more of the same, so if you loved Fallout 3 it should be exactly what you want. I'm just struggling to get into it. I'm like 10 hours in and it feels very deja-vue..i've done this years ago..do I really want to do it all over again? I've stayed away from the spoilers and yet even I managed to call the story from the first half hour alone...trite.

I'm barely at the Corvega plant and i'm already kinda bored. It's great at what it does but it feels like Fallout 3- 2.0 so eh for me personally.

Yep. It's a fantastic game (sorta), if you've never played one of Bethesda's Fallout games before, otherwise, it's just meh. 15 hours in, and the most fun I've had so far was the character creation. I expected to be disappointed and here I am.. correct and 80 dollars short.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Here's a very brief vid about a (somewhat) hidden cover mechanic in FO4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Nx6P2oI1M

=^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
The "Investigate The Museum Of Witchcraft" Mission is fantastic, although the pay-off is a little blah.

Whoever designed the lead-in deserves a cookie.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
GooberM wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

Yep. It's a fantastic game (sorta), if you've never played one of Bethesda's Fallout games before, otherwise, it's just meh. 15 hours in, and the most fun I've had so far was the character creation. I expected to be disappointed and here I am.. correct and 80 dollars short.

I do get the same vibe from the game from what I've gotten to play so far. Thankfully, my devotion to the series after discovering it with Fallout 3 keeps me from getting bored.

I almost feel as though Fallout 4 was meant to be an introductory sort of game without having a refresh of titles. It seems meant to be familiar to old fans but interesting for new players. Obviously there is DLC to follow but it gives the feeling of "the hype for this game was huge but we got better plans for Fallout 5 after Elder Scrolls 6 rolls out... We just needed to refresh our fan base first." from Bethesda.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info