How Divination Card Submission Will Work

"
pr13st wrote:
GGG will have to crack down hard on botters because this looks like a very powerful incentive for botting...

Well there would be a solution but i don't want to start a 100 page long flamewar ;)
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
Last edited by Alternalo on Apr 30, 2015, 3:40:05 AM
"
Alternalo wrote:
Sorry but i don't understand the whole divination card system...

So let's say i would design a card that gives you 6L Shavronnes. The balance team will balance it's rarity to the actual item's rarity, then whats the point? I have the same chance of getting the card or the item.

Well you'd have to collect a number of cards in order to get the 6L Shavs, so the card would be much more common than a Shavs drop.

This means you could find someone in trade chat selling one for cheap, pick it up, you're 1 more card to your 6l Shavs.

Then maybe you have an item someone wants and they have one of the cards, you could trade your item for another card.

It's essentially a type of currency that eventually rewards the item on it. Not only that but Divination Cards have much more potential than just them being converted to unqiues. (IE: Tyrannical mod, Vagan's mod, etc).
"
TwentyB wrote:
"
Alternalo wrote:
Sorry but i don't understand the whole divination card system...

So let's say i would design a card that gives you 6L Shavronnes. The balance team will balance it's rarity to the actual item's rarity, then whats the point? I have the same chance of getting the card or the item.

Well you'd have to collect a number of cards in order to get the 6L Shavs, so the card would be much more common than a Shavs drop.

This means you could find someone in trade chat selling one for cheap, pick it up, you're 1 more card to your 6l Shavs.

Then maybe you have an item someone wants and they have one of the cards, you could trade your item for another card.

It's essentially a type of currency that eventually rewards the item on it. Not only that but Divination Cards have much more potential than just them being converted to unqiues. (IE: Tyrannical mod, Vagan's mod, etc).

Thx i understand now :)
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
inb4 Shav's card and Troll Shav's cards drop in the same zone xD
"
Chris wrote:
You can't use material in the name or flavour text that belongs to someone else (for example, references to other games or stories). If we don't catch it in the initial check, we will change the card later.

You're ruining the fun. If flavour text/item name fits POE, why couldn't it be a reference to other product? Is there some copyright restriction behind it?

Could you share with us, how these cards will be stored? Can we get some kind of book (like a horadric cube, or a wardrobe-like), so they don't rip our inventory/stash?

Other than that, keep up the good work guys. You're the best!

ps: someone has to make a 100,000+ cards deck :)
my wife left me again .
"
Chris wrote:
If you choose a Unique from a previous challenge league, it'll affect where we put the cards.

Although it is almost probably true, just to clarify:

Does "where we put cards" specifically mean "only into Zana-ed maps with appropriate league mod"?
Interested to see how this pans out. Done well, it will make a big difference to the economy but make trying out many types of builds more achievable; equally it could be yet another layer of micromanagement (jewels are too, so we've got current currency and items, jewels and cards to add - stash tabstravaganza!!!!!)
"
Kuremisago wrote:
WRRYYYYY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if-j3-40z9s

https://youtu.be/Ib2JN0yb6Qg?t=3m26s
This is really nice for guilds

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info