How Divination Card Submission Will Work

250 Wisdom Scrolls <-- Divination card please.
Not too rare, not too common. Just right so that farming is an endless circle finally ;)
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Meh, I'm a bit disappointed that
A) GGG isn't providing a base of Divination Cards that fix some loot holes and just add flavor
B) How little the cards can actually do.

I can't afford the Highgate Pack anyway, will probably settle for second best as always but here would have been my concept:

"Pilfer the Dead"
1/20
-1% damage done per card held
+1% damage received per card held

Art would be either an exile removing a necklace from a skeleton while behind his back that skeleton raises a dagger or an exile removing a ring from the mangled freshly slain body of a bandit while making awkward eye contact.

Price for gathering 20:
1-4 rare rings
1-2 rare amulets
0-1 unique ring
0-1 unqiue amulet
all rewards have a 50% chance to be corrupted (rolled per item)

There are two strategies regarding where the cards drop:
1.)Can drop from every undead and humanoid but with a low frequency as the monster types are so common. This would drag out the process of getting all 20 while the damage "curse" effect of the partially complete set is getting bigger.
2.)Drops in certain grave themed zones with additional chance to drop from a sarcophagus, cairns and similar grave related destroyables/lootables. This makes farming certain zones more profitable like Fellshrine and Catacombs, which seem to be underused nowadays.

The damage curse element isn't in line with the cards being tradeable but it would have been a nice theme for the moral choice of either looting the long deceased or let them rest in peace. You could even have a spirit or three spawn on finding your 20th card.
Apart from flavor and sprucing up some undead zones, this would also provide a nice alternative to alching jewelry to complete the chaos recipe.
... is not a troll
could someone please give me a tl;dr on what to do. i gave them my money. atleast make it easy to submit
Looking forward to this. I'll be honest though, the guidelines could be a bit more detailed!
My ideas:

20 chance orbs (never have enough of these!)
2 random div cards (even this one!)
Book of Reform (was really a mistake to make this recipe too expensive)
Popular crafting bases.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
My ideas:

20 chance orbs (never have enough of these!)
2 random div cards (even this one!)
Book of Reform (was really a mistake to make this recipe too expensive)
Popular crafting bases.

Getting the same div card would be funny. I like the Book of Reform idea though.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
So Chriss posted this in the unique section:

OR Specific Unique (If you choose a Unique from a previous challenge league, it'll affect where we put the cards.

To me that means that to get the divination cards of a league specific unique you have to run a modified map by Zana. But this at the same time beats the purpose of that divination set, because you have to run with those specific mods SEVERAL times to get the parts, but at the same time you could get the unique item far, FAR quicker. And nothing guarantees you that you'll get a part. You only know that in that zone there is a chance a part to drop

For example if the unique has a 0.1% chance of dropping and each part of the set has 0.5% I feel like by the time you get all the parts you could've already found your unique item. So it aapears that gating set parts behind a map modifier is just worse than finding it or trading for it. Much more inneficient, slow or the worst part of it - expensive - using expensive currency on maps. A lot of currency. So in the end making a divination set for a league specific unique is just as useless as making a map for a previous league to hunt for that specific unique.

I hope that they don't gate league uniques behind league specific maps.
"
UnluckyMole wrote:
So Chriss posted this in the unique section:

OR Specific Unique (If you choose a Unique from a previous challenge league, it'll affect where we put the cards.

To me that means that to get the divination cards of a league specific unique you have to run a modified map by Zana. But this at the same time beats the purpose of that divination set, because you have to run with those specific mods SEVERAL times to get the parts, but at the same time you could get the unique item far, FAR quicker. And nothing guarantees you that you'll get a part. You only know that in that zone there is a chance a part to drop

For example if the unique has a 0.1% chance of dropping and each part of the set has 0.5% I feel like by the time you get all the parts you could've already found your unique item. So it aapears that gating set parts behind a map modifier is just worse than finding it or trading for it. Much more inneficient, slow or the worst part of it - expensive - using expensive currency on maps. A lot of currency. So in the end making a divination set for a league specific unique is just as useless as making a map for a previous league to hunt for that specific unique.

I hope that they don't gate league uniques behind league specific maps.

The point isn't necessarily to farm 100% of the cards yourself. Cards will have a scaling value based on how many you already have. So, if you have 1 card out of a set of 100, it will be worth next to nothing to you, especially if you don't want/need that item much. Thus, you'll be happy to trade it for a reasonable price. However, if you have 99 out of 100 cards, it's going to be worth much more to you to trade for 1 card. So basically, if you're determined to get a set of a card, farm some, trade for the rest, and you should come out ahead.
Designer of Kiara's Determination and The Lover Divination card.
"
CKilgannon wrote:

The point isn't necessarily to farm 100% of the cards yourself. Cards will have a scaling value based on how many you already have. So, if you have 1 card out of a set of 100, it will be worth next to nothing to you, especially if you don't want/need that item much. Thus, you'll be happy to trade it for a reasonable price. However, if you have 99 out of 100 cards, it's going to be worth much more to you to trade for 1 card. So basically, if you're determined to get a set of a card, farm some, trade for the rest, and you should come out ahead.

That's A OKAY for normal uniques that drop already, but there are gated uniques that are from previous challenge leagues that are no longer available without the use of Zana.
How many times would you run a Nemesis map or Domination map while playing a temporary league?
1 ex or 10 chaos for a chance to get something like Berek's respite? Thing is that is okay if you have to do it like 10-20 times, but the chance of getting said unique isn't that high, so you'll have to run it hundreds of times.
And now the problem is that if set pieces of said unique are dropping only in such modified map, it makes those divination cards utterly useless, because you'll be dropping mad currency to get them just like you would if you were trying to get the unique directly.
Also how many people run those type of maps? Not many or at least those that do will want to have a return in their investment so shards for league specific uniques will be extremely high priced compared to shards for uniques that drop outside of expensive to make maps.

And finally if divination cards are made so that a regular person could obtain a unique eventually, how would that be possible if the zones where divination shards drop for the unique they want are gated by expensive currency? That beats the purpose of divination cards. I can't run Nemesis maps on regular basis, because of the cost to make the maps. 10 maps like those won't be enough to get all of the pieces I presume and at same time after that I'll have to buy other shards from the same set which will also be insultingly high costed. So the whole scenario about the divination cards is Dust in the Eyes
Last edited by UnluckyMole on May 4, 2015, 11:21:02 AM
"
UnluckyMole wrote:
That's A OKAY for normal uniques that drop already, but there are gated uniques that are from previous challenge leagues that are no longer available without the use of Zana.
How many times would you run a Nemesis map or Domination map while playing a temporary league?
1 ex or 10 chaos for a chance to get something like Berek's respite? Thing is that is okay if you have to do it like 10-20 times, but the chance of getting said unique isn't that high, so you'll have to run it hundreds of times.
And now the problem is that if set pieces of said unique are dropping only in such modified map, it makes those divination cards utterly useless, because you'll be dropping mad currency to get them just like you would if you were trying to get the unique directly.
Also how many people run those type of maps? Not many or at least those that do will want to have a return in their investment so shards for league specific uniques will be extremely high priced compared to shards for uniques that drop outside of expensive to make maps.

And finally if divination cards are made so that a regular person could obtain a unique eventually, how would that be possible if the zones where divination shards drop for the unique they want are gated by expensive currency? That beats the purpose of divination cards. I can't run Nemesis maps on regular basis, because of the cost to make the maps. 10 maps like those won't be enough to get all of the pieces I presume and at same time after that I'll have to buy other shards from the same set which will also be insultingly high costed. So the whole scenario about the divination cards is Dust in the Eyes

I see your point, but I'll leave you with two things to consider:

1. We don't know that these cards will only drop in Zana maps.

2. Adding these cards as potential drops isn't going to make it any harder to get those uniques. Imagine you're already farming for a unique from an old league, now instead of walking away just with your desired unique, you'll also have some (potentially quite valuable) cards going towards another unique, that you can either keep or sell.

Either way, this isn't going to make it worse. I do wish they'd confirm whether or not Chris meant what we assume when he said their drop locations would be "affected". It'd be nice to know when thinking of card ideas.
Designer of Kiara's Determination and The Lover Divination card.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info