Item Development - Information

I fixed the item description.

Lab is 0 fun. Free the ascension points from lab
hi GGG, you rock!!!
---------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

i was wondering what will happen as you said that ice build will get some love, had hope it will be channeled ice skill
(fire has incinerate, lightning - l.tendrils)

had hope it will be some kind of icestorm - channeled around the player and damaging all nearby monsters in circular AoE, working very similiar to d3 skill sleet storm, wchich design i actually really like

but you have added THIS and amazed community again, a lot of brainstorming, wchich we really love comes with act 4 and hopefully we wont wait as long as doomsayers claim....

if you ever want to implement anything around channeled ice skill plz think about some blizzard (weather thing) skill, it would even have nice vaal version - lasts around you for few seconds:)

thx for your hardwork, hope in future i can support you even more:)
Better dont quote me - often editing right after posting:)
Last edited by Evil_Kon on Apr 8, 2015, 5:36:52 PM
"
Evil_Kon wrote:
hi GGG, you rock!!!
---------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

i was wondering what will happen as you said that ice build will get some love, had hope it will be channeled ice skill
(fire has incinerate, lightning - l.tendrils)

had hope it will be some kind of icestorm - channeled around the player and damaging all nearby monsters in circular AoE, working very similiar to d3 skill sleet storm, wchich design i actually really like

but you have added THIS and amazed community again, a lot of brainstorming, wchich we really love comes with act 4 and hopefully we wont wait as long as doomsayers claim....

if you ever want to implement anything around channeled ice skill plz think about some blizzard (weather thing) skill, it would even have nice vaal version - lasts around you for few seconds:)

thx for your hardwork, hope in future i can support you even more:)

see merveils ice whirlwind, possible ice channeling skill
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
"
I fixed the item description.

Hotfix!
Exiled for Eternity
Sweet, always cool to get a peek at the inner workings and debates of GGG. We love you guys for doing stuff like this.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
"
Barivius wrote:
"
Arcis wrote:
why don't you just make it so the mod says "Grants the Icestorm skill" ?

Yes. Listen to this fellow. Take the level off of it. It isn't relevant anyway.

"Grants Unique Icestorm Skill"

Empower will increase that base damage value!
IGN: @GreenDude
"
pneuma wrote:
"
TikoXi wrote:
Also: Re all who say "but it locks the item in and that's bad, wah wah wah..."

Go play a summoner and then cry about locked items. You've got 30% of your endgame gear all worn and ready to go by level 33 usually.

Are you implying that you prefer things to stay bad or get worse? That's just contrarianism.

Calling other people 'rabid toxites' and '[Removed by Support]' just further weakens whatever point you're trying to make.

"
Vhlad wrote:
I don't see 5% base crit in the image of the icestorm hotkey, but you can calculate it via:
(117+351)/2*.95+(117+351)/2*.05*1.5 = 239.85 (which matches the avg. damage). However, that calculation assumes the character has no added crit chance or crit multiplier. You'd get the same result if the spell had 4% base crit chance on a character with +12% crit multiplier from gear/passives.

And cast time in the image is 0.92 secs. We can only assume it's 1s base if we assume that the character has no added cast speed beyond the +9% given by the staff (1/1.09 = .917).

It's not impossible for the character to have stats off the tree or other gear that we don't see, but going with Occam's Razor here, GGG needed to generate an image and just made a quick purpose-built character to show it off (along with the middle-mouse-bind spoiler).

Also all the talk of it being 'based off of Firestorm' helps the implication, as well.

Overall disagree with just putting everything in a wiki. The data needs to be in the game, especially if GGG is pushing for internationalization (unless they also plan to support international wikis). They can hide it wherever they want and make it go through a bunch of indirection to reduce the initial "information blast" of identifying a tasty unique, but it can't just be nowhere to be found.

For example, if an item says it has "Conduit", at least people can look on their tree and read its description. This proposed staff description is one of the rare and should-be-avoided cases where they plan to simply let the wiki take up all the slack instead of just being a handy compiled resource.

Problem: item mods simply stated as "Conduit" or "mind over matter" are not helpful, it is not intuitive to "look at the tree cuz the skill is detailed there".

On the other hand, "grands lvl 1 icestorm" tells me exactly what it does. I equip the item, I get to use ice storm.
This is a hell of a lot clearer then stuff like zombies,
----which it is not stated or hinted ANYWHERE, other than the wiki, that melee support gems linked to summon zombie gives the zombies bonuses to their attacks. One would think that it is a significant detail.
----How the actual **** could someone know this without testing it, which case how the actual **** could somebody know that the combos are even worth trying?! No hints ANYWHERE that the combo is even remotely possible!!! It says spell, why would anything melee affect it? I RAN A SUMMONER FOR 2 ****ING YEARS BEFORE I KNEW THIS, WHICH I LEARNED FROM SOME RANDOM PERSON TALKING ABOUT ZOMBIES GLOBAL CHAT. W.T.F.

I will say it again: "grands lvl 1 icestorm" tells me exactly what it does. I equip the item, I get to use ice storm.
Just add a line that states "icestorm gets the bonuses from support gems socketed in the weapon". Boom everything you want to know is there.
Global 1 is cancer.
By agreeing to these terms of use, you acknowledge that bugs are like cool and stuff
and that you will bow to the Mealworm king when he ascends the throne.
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Apr 8, 2015, 8:52:27 PM
A cool thing I didn't realize at first is that this item gives you a 7L for the cost of a 6S. Any gem in it counts as linked to the skill regardless of whether the gems are linked to each other. That's quite powerful, I hope the skill itself proves strong and fun in the late game.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
in this thread: too many people getting upset over absolutely nothing.

In this thread, people who can't read!

Like..... a lot of people here are concerned about exclusive skills provided by uniques. I hate the idea. I also hate the idea because of legacy items. Imagine this unique with a legacy version because the %increased intelligence is too high. Yay for balance testers!

I would rather see the stave give a higher %spell damage ratio per 10 int, than have an exclusive skillgem.

This is something some members of GGG wanted to avoid in the past. Maybe they won't admit it now, because hey.... people change their minds.

We are voicing our opinion of "Hey we don't like this", and hopefully they will notice.

If not, you got to put the first nail in the coffin somewhere, right?
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
When you hover the mouse pointer over an item, it shows the stats of the item.
When you hover the mouse pointer over a gem socketed inside an item, it shows the stats of the item and the stats of the gem.

Make it so when you hover the mouse pointer over an item that grants a skill, it shows the stats of the item and the stats of the granted skill (similar functionality to hovering over a socketed gem now, except it would occur when hovering over a non-socket part of the item), i.e. the UI would basically treat every non-socket part of the item as hovering over a socket with the granted skill.

That should solve all of the info issues, without simply directing players to the wiki. [what happens when you hover over a socketed gem in such an item is up to you, as you could either display the gem + item (i.e. no change from now, which is fine) or find a way to display the gem + item + granted skill(s)].

Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Apr 8, 2015, 6:26:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info