Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Item Development - Information

Been playing path of exile for so long that I can see that these guys like to take their sweet time to add content, I understand they are not a big team, I also understand they are now very well paid because of everyone who buys anything in game, which is all the time, mtx ftw right? Wrong. If you focused on putting acts out instead of other garbage IE more shit uniques and skills, you could actually have a decent game, instead, you have a complete rip off of titan quest. While you do have a wider variety of skins and weapon types than titan quest, the quests are exactly the same, the mobs are exactly the same(in the sense there are few different types) the game is exactly the same, except the only notable change is the skill system. I much prefer Titan Quest since I do not have to deal with all the trade bullshit, the trolls, the spam from chat, the scammers, the lag, the desync. Titan Quest Gold is 4.99 on steam store so grab it while its hot and drop poe like its cold, bcuz we all know it is.
"
DemiDemon wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
So, a skill-gem-less skill.

This. It's so out of character for PoE that it's almost like they've jumped the shark.

Where will it all end? Phasing out skill gems all together?

OMG, can people for once not QQ about something? Its a new mechanic for GGG to do, so what? Just enjoy it. I bet you didnt complain about the trigger gems coming out, right?
"
Been playing path of exile for so long that I can see that these guys like to take their sweet time to add content, I understand they are not a big team, I also understand they are now very well paid because of everyone who buys anything in game, which is all the time, mtx ftw right? Wrong. If you focused on putting acts out instead of other garbage IE more shit uniques and skills, you could actually have a decent game, instead, you have a complete rip off of titan quest. While you do have a wider variety of skins and weapon types than titan quest, the quests are exactly the same, the mobs are exactly the same(in the sense there are few different types) the game is exactly the same, except the only notable change is the skill system. I much prefer Titan Quest since I do not have to deal with all the trade bullshit, the trolls, the spam from chat, the scammers, the lag, the desync. Titan Quest Gold is 4.99 on steam store so grab it while its hot and drop poe like its cold, bcuz we all know it is.

How ironic that you can't stand the "trolls" when you are the troll.

You can turn off chat if you don't like it.
Scammers? If you get "scammed" in this game you are retarded.
The lag? Which lag? I'm sorry you can't have superior 100/100 mbit like me.
Desync? Get over it, you can play around it if you actually like the game, which I guess you don't.

I don't think you understand what makes a game "the same" as another game, or the concept of genre and inspiration.
You call TITAN QUEST "hot" when it has around 200 players daily, and when was the last patch? 5 years ago?
Path of Exile on the other hand has >5000 players daily and got a frickin' new ACT coming up!

Go troll somewhere else please.
HoolaBandoola, creator of all things Hoola and destroyer of Rhoas.
The Whispering Ice +
Icestorm +
Perandus Signet =
(the most expensive ring) <<<<
So what have we learned today?

We learned that "later this year" doesn't mean tomorrow, or in 2 days, or later this month, or next month.....we learned it means atleast 2+ months from now :)

well not me, i knew what it means but people saying it might mean tomorrow or next week did learn what it means :)
Pretty sure it'd be really easy to just show two tooltips when you mouse over the staff.

One tooltip showing the staff's stats, and a second tooltip next to it showing the information for a "Level 1 Icestorm".

I also don't really like this whole "skills tied to items" thing. It kinda kills the entire reason why we have skill gems in the first place, and more importantly, worries me that many more skills will be locked away behind items in the future, especially if these uniques end up being very hard to find.

We don't get many new skill gems introduced into the game very often, so to see them locked behind items that may be near impossible to get seems like a waste of possibly good ideas for skills and also limits any sort of item combos you may have wanted to use as it is mandatory to use that item for that spell or skill. Even if this staff may end up being common, that doesn't mean future items that have locked unique skills will. There's already enough items in this game that I've given up on ever getting due to their sheer rarity, which means there's a portion of the game I'll never get to enjoy.

I've wanted Merveil's Ice Spell for a long time, but not in this way.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Without this item, they would have zero options for a weapon in an Icestorm build, and would not be able to make that build at all. With it, they have one option for a weapon (and can build their other gear differently based on their preference), and can make the build. This has literally only added build diversity.

How is locking someone to a single weapon add build diversity? All Icestorm builds will have to use this weapon. They can't use Divinarius for the Extra AOE/Damage/Crit, they can't use shields for the added defense, they're stuck to using Staff passives instead of Wand or Dagger passives which may benefit them more. There may be future passives and/or weapon/shield combinations where people will end up saying "man, this would be really cool to use with Icestorm, but since I gotta use that staff, i'll never be able to try this weapon/shield/combo out". Icestorm offers no Weapon Choices. Icestorm offers no Shield choices.

You say it "literally" adds build diversity since it grants a skill that's not found elsewhere which you can then build around, and technically that is correct. You don't mention how much more diverse Icestorm builds could be if Icestorm was a Skill Gem like every other normal skill in the game, where they can actually customize their weapon and shield choices.
Last edited by darkwolf7786 on Apr 12, 2015, 5:31:03 PM
hey still about Lori´s Lantern...they stack if i wear 2 of them?
WTF ! what is that, insane ! this 16% int + some full unizue gear and 2x perandus signet can be OP as shit ! xD
"
anonymous2222 wrote:
WTF ! what is that, insane ! this 16% int + some full unizue gear and 2x perandus signet can be OP as shit ! xD

Not sure if you've ever tried to equip alot of uniques before or not but they don't give you much base intelligence, so in the beast case scenario dual perandus only makes up for roughly 60% of the intellect you could have had with rares. That's not to say dual perandus won't be best in slot... but the amount of uniques would probably be reduced to about 5 for optimal results.. including the staff, the two rings, maybe astramentis and the suncrest helmet. Personally, I would just use int+ES gear..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info