Item Development - Information

"
Hixxie wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
in this thread: too many people getting upset over absolutely nothing.

In this thread, people who can't read!

Like..... a lot of people here are concerned about exclusive skills provided by uniques. I hate the idea. I also hate the idea because of legacy items. Imagine this unique with a legacy version because the %increased intelligence is too high. Yay for balance testers!

I would rather see the stave give a higher %spell damage ratio per 10 int, than have an exclusive skillgem.

This is something some members of GGG wanted to avoid in the past. Maybe they won't admit it now, because hey.... people change their minds.

We are voicing our opinion of "Hey we don't like this", and hopefully they will notice.

If not, you got to put the first nail in the coffin somewhere, right?

I hope they dont listen to the whiners, it has led to many bad things in this game.
"
Hixxie wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
in this thread: too many people getting upset over absolutely nothing.

In this thread, people who can't read!

Like..... a lot of people here are concerned about exclusive skills provided by uniques. I hate the idea. I also hate the idea because of legacy items. Imagine this unique with a legacy version because the %increased intelligence is too high. Yay for balance testers!

I would rather see the stave give a higher %spell damage ratio per 10 int, than have an exclusive skillgem.

This is something some members of GGG wanted to avoid in the past. Maybe they won't admit it now, because hey.... people change their minds.

We are voicing our opinion of "Hey we don't like this", and hopefully they will notice.

If not, you got to put the first nail in the coffin somewhere, right?

I think we've already established that the %spell damage ratio per int is too low. So ideally any legacy versions of this will be buffed.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
"
GreenDude wrote:
"
Barivius wrote:
"
Arcis wrote:
why don't you just make it so the mod says "Grants the Icestorm skill" ?

Yes. Listen to this fellow. Take the level off of it. It isn't relevant anyway.

"Grants Unique Icestorm Skill"

Empower will increase that base damage value!

No it won't.

Read that last paragraph.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
suggestion for build with this item:

skill tree - level 80:

items:
* this staff
* rings - perandus signet x 2
* belt - perandus blazon - 30 all attributes
* helmet - black sun crest with 15% inc intelligence
* amulet - astramentis - around 100 intelligence or good stats ammy with around 70-80 int
* boots - Rainbowstride - best for any caster, or high ES boots with 40-50 INT
* gloves - rare resistance filler, possibly rolled int
* body armour - high ES, resist filler, possibly rolled int

this gives following results:
- 500 int from tree
- at least 130 int from items
- additional 15% int from helmet
- additional int from perandus signets - if we equip above 7 uniques its:
2 signets x7 uniques x3% = 42% additional intelligence
total: 630 x 57% = ~990 int, lets round to 1000

Results of my brainstorming about 1000 intelligence:

* Icestorm will have base damage of 100-300 cold damage, now we have to add 100% spell damage from
the unique and all mods from tree
for reference firestorm skill have 122–183 base damage at level 20
* 1000 int -> 200% increased energy shield
(and 219% from skill tree - i bet it will easily pass 10k ES)
* also its a lot of mana, im sure we wont have mana problems with this build
(even if we reserve like 90% for auras)

gem choices:
* spell echo - obious repeat of skill, i believe it stacks same as firestorm
* concentrated effect as best aoe damage buff
* added lightning
* added cold
* faster casting
* 6th support i believe totall overkill added chaos damage

aura choices:
* discipline
* herald of thunder + empower in helm (black sun crest gives +1 to skill gems)
* herald of ice + empower in helm

im sure i will give this item a try, and when find some time create spreadsheet to find balance between taking intelligence for passives and spell/elemental modifiers on tree
Better dont quote me - often editing right after posting:)
Last edited by Evil_Kon on Apr 8, 2015, 7:46:29 PM
"
TikoXi wrote:
I think we've already established that the %spell damage ratio per int is too low. So ideally any legacy versions of this will be buffed.

I should make my point more clear, which was hard to infer from my implied meaning.
The reason they have a low percent spell damage scaling is because the "skill" itself has it's own int scaling.

If they removed the scaling on the non existent "gem" and put it onto the staff, suddenly we aren't locked into a low level unique for a skillgem we should have been granted in the first place. If this is the only new cold spell that GGG is "introducing", I am very disappointed.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
"
Path of Exile's greatest weakness, on the other hand? Complexity.

You mean desync right?
IGN: poor_newb
Effects like a:

Neden yaşıyorsun?
What's the damage effectiveness on this skill?
"
Omega_k2 wrote:
What's the damage effectiveness on this skill?

we can assume it's at or around 20%, seeing as how similar this skill is to firestorm.
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
I've actually found that, while POE is complex, it's not really that hard to understand. I remember trying a few Korean MMOs (translated into English of course) and I had to just give up because I felt like I was just dropped into the game with no idea of how to play it. POE takes a little while to figure out, but it's all fairly intuitive. That's what I think is one of the coolest things about it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info