Preview of Upcoming UI/QOL Improvements

It's better to add an inbuilt elapsed time section for maps like Oba's Cursed Trove. Helps a lot.
Would rather see clock in top right corner, as is conventional, but at least it's there. Also a bit disappointed minimap is not any clearer. But at least it's progress
Thanks very much for the update Chris; looking forward to seeing the other QOL improvements 1.4 has in store for us. The clock looks great; could you give us a way to make it run slower? ;-)

Keep up the great work!
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
"
You call that QoL improvements?
Spoiler
Those are useless. What use do I have for an ingame clock? I have plenty of clocks around me. What use do I have for party map names when I play solo? None.

This is useless work done, time and effort of GGG's manpower gone to waste. Where are the performance improvements? Where is the option to disable particle and weather effects? Where is the option to customise the size and placement of the FPS/latency monitoring graphs? Where are the improvements for distinguishing important drops during play? Those are the things that improve QoL, not these basically useless "features".

GGG has always had the bad habit of trickle-feeding the community the unimportant aspects of their upcoming work, but I don't think I've ever felt THIS insulted before. It's a good thing that I've been putting off writing an article/review of the game yet. I was hoping that I'll have a few good things to write about Act 4 and maybe kindle new interest in the game, but as it is, I think I'll be more inclined to showcase PoE negatively. And I am glad I am too poor to afford supporter packs, because I'd be mightily disappointed right now if I had put money into this game.

Edit: if you're going to quote me, read this:
Spoiler
A small edit because I predict my post might be targeted by the hype sheep: I love the game and I still play it every day, unlike most of you who probably have been playing other things for the last two months, crying about the duration of temp leagues and slow development of act 4. I'm just disappointed by GGG's approach towards the community as of late. It reminds me too much of other companies that eventually gave up on communication completely, made a P2W cash shop and abandoned development.

it would be pretty stupid of ggg revealing the biggest improvements when they just started teasing.

on topic: like this improvements as it definitely encourages party play. only what is missing (and surely not implemented): if the party leader kicks someone from the party, they need to be removed from the instance. makes no sense to kick a player otherwise and i would allow only one kick per instance to avoid misuse.

furthermore i like that you still kept the globe girls, they're kind of a brand to poe because they are there from the (my) beginning. can't imagine playing without them.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
How about an option to cap FPS in town so my graphics card doesn't use 500W of power while I'm standing in town trading...

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1142498/
Last edited by Boonce on Mar 12, 2015, 6:54:19 AM
"
OldeSchool wrote:
Thanks very much for the update Chris; looking forward to seeing the other QOL improvements 1.4 has in store for us. The clock looks great; could you give us a way to make it run slower? ;-)

Keep up the great work!

I'm pretty sure the clock is a clock, and not a timer.
*hours:minutes:seconds* which I guess you thought to be a zone timer *minutes:seconds:milliseconds*?
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
"
ama wrote:
I belive (want to belive!) that this features are only like 1% of QoL improvements that we can expect in expansion.
+1

Really too many people have stopped playing, I wanna see some cool sneak peaks that can bring back people, this game needs players
" and there's now an optional in-game clock built into the UI."

Praise the RNG Gods!
I hope GGG releases new supporter packs soon; I wanna brutally throw all my money at them.
Thanks for the clock

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info