Monsters that ruin the game (not a QQ thread, only pure feedback)

"
Starxsword wrote:
Unfortunately, Cast When Damage Taken would be a lot less effective, because of the less damage multiplier on CWDT itself.
But once you level CWDT to a high level. A high level CWDT also gives you a more damage multiplier, so your freeze will last longer.
If you are going to level up CWDT though, may as well use it in a 4 link. Cold Snap + Elemental Proliferation + ???.

From my experience on using it (with Cast When Stunned), it is great for crowd control when you need the breathing room. High level CWDT should give you similar results.

It would be interesting even cast on stun + cold snap + proliferation + smoke mine, i think :)

Back in topic, another monster that ruin the game: flicker strike spiders!!!! Aside from the nerves breaking sound of flicker strike... they do this move way too much!!! You cannot move 2 meters away from their bites and then... flicker flicker flicker!!! Unavoidable physical damage. Manual dodging it is impossible...
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
There is one unique boss that has been causing more deaths than any other boss or effect. Even more deaths than Reflect and Corrupting Blood. The unique Mutated Maw from Tora's missions. Every time I encounter it in a party, there's always two or three guys ripping and saying "WTF!!!" after.

It does way too much damage with the jump from offscreen. The chaos rain is fine because you can move out of it. I've died once to it so now I keep my distance and watch others rip. It definitely does spice up Tora's missions as now I always play careful to see if the Maw is the boss before going for the kill.

Never encountered O.O Seems very bad :/ We need much more physical damage reduction (without equipping Coil..)
I find it funny that in a "meta" where everyone builds low armor, no endurance charges and uses life leech for sustain, people complain about high physical damage mobs and chilling mobs.

Maybe you could try accepting the weaknesses of the build you chose, and start working around them.

"
Zed_ wrote:
I find it funny that in a "meta" where everyone builds low armor, no endurance charges and uses life leech for sustain, people complain about high physical damage mobs and chilling mobs.

Maybe you could try accepting the weaknesses of the build you chose, and start working around them.

""""Maybe"""" everyone builds low armor... because armor sucks? ;)
Another monster that ruins the game (encountered for the very first time 10 minutes ago): SHRAPNEL BEARER ("Entombed alcove" corrupted area vaal construct boss). This di*khead killed (in merciless -.-) my CoC shadow FOUR times before being put to rest -.- (little wall of tewxt ahead, sorry)

1st death
I was in this lvl 62 corrupted area, near to the boss place (similar to the bridge that leads to arcibishop Geofrey), but the zone with the vaal vessel was still NOT visible, and the boss was NOT (N-O-T) still visible, even in the top right corner minimap. I was nuking blue skellies then... 2 HYPER FAST green (chaos?) projectiles come to me FROM OFF SCREEN (as usual with this game -.-). 2 shotted to death.

2nd death
Ok, i only have 2.3k life for now (the investment in critical nodes is so heavy -at least 12-14 skill points- that you must sacrifice a lot of other things, life included). My chaos res was -60%. Ok, semi deserved death (not totally deserved: offscreen is bullshit!!!!). Go to town.. equip +27% chaos res helm, take amethyst flask (chaos res now to 2%), and return to the "friend". Again... 2 light speed green bullets FROM OFFSCREEN. Pop chaos flask BEFORE (i am sure of this) being hitted by the first shot.. almost dead!!!! Fast moving to the side while drinking life pots like a mad. Third shot, amethyst flask STILL ACTIVE.... DEAD!!!

3rd death
Approaching to it with a "Z-pattern" for the hope of dodging at least one of the projectiles, i came half screen near to it (the FIRST time i saw it!!! -.-). I really TRIED to aim it with my barrage, but it moved super fast dodging my array and... surprise!!! Multi projectile attack from it!!! Chaos flask up... TWO SHOTTED!!! -.-

4th death
Z pattern moving for approaching while evading single projectile attack.. flask.. running in circle around it for avoiding the multi proj attack, a few CoC procs (but it has seemingly Atziri's like elemental resistances -.-) and... SECOND SURPRISE!!!! Hyper fast spamming of single shot attack!!! Dead.. -.-

So, for killing it i have adopted a suicidal strategy: go toe to toe.. shotgun of the most powerful proj spells of the game with contextual spamming of life/chaos pots. It have taken OVER TEN full CoC SHOTGUN procs for dying!!! Me? Five pots empty... two hundred life remained.

Now... tell me that all of this (off screen shooting, light speed bullets, damage, aura nodes empowered purities-like elemental resistances) are all part of the hardcone-ness of a game... or insted if all of this is plain bullshit (expecially for being only a lvl 62 boss)

"
The interesting aspect about infinite spawns in boss battles is that it doesn't add any challenge to those specializing in massive AoE. In fact, it generally makes the battle even easier. However, it does especially crap on builds that are more single target or less spammy. The builds that already had it tough in every other aspect of the game.

I guess it was a bit unfair for them to have one part of the game they excelled.

Something something about how extremely the extremes are imbalanced from one another, and something something about how PoE seldom appears to seek any kind of middle ground.

Something that seems to be relevant to just about every relevant feedback.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
Wispo wrote:

Maybe it's not in a good spot right now. But maybe it doesn't suck as hard as you think it does. If you choose to ignore it completely, don't complain about the consequences.

"
Zed_ wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:

Maybe it's not in a good spot right now. But maybe it doesn't suck as hard as you think it does. If you choose to ignore it completely, don't complain about the consequences.

For the mitigation of small hits armor is decent (personally, i use a granite with increased flask effect instead of armor gear/nodes, and the effect is nearly the same). But for hard hits like the spike damages of devourers, leapers (chimerals above all) etc one player needs a quantity of armor simply senseless... and it's because this that armor sucks
a lot of qq, less feedback

1. chimeras are good design. they are punishing you for having no physical mitigation their leap can be evaded but it sounds like you dont have a lot of evasion/acro/dodge either

leapers do a ton of physical damage. what the hell did you expect ?

2. this game is NOT about positioning. whoever told you that was a liar. as such, fast moving enemies dont do shit if you have defenses. armour and ECs make these enemies a joke. arctic armour makes them a joke. evasion, even though worse against smaller rapid hits than armour and ec's due to entropy model, will still help a ton

3. summoners. I fail to see what the fuck is the problem. poe is a game of aoe and has been so since open beta. read charan's thread for further details.

4.ice damage. it chills, it freezes. its easier than ever to deal with because of potions. quality your potions, make them last longer (base duration of a saphhire flask is 3.5 seconds with no quality, not one second). own anything. chills arent that bad, freezes were bad and now you have guaranteed immunity without having to gear certain uniques. dont see much of a problem here, if at all

tl;dr: you dont have defenses, and want to play this game by positioning/reflexes. that is not how poe is played. defenses arent optional, they are mandatory. defenses against physical damage...are mandatory if you dont want to die.
Last edited by grepman on Mar 11, 2015, 7:02:44 PM
"
Wispo wrote:
Everyone (me too) hate devourers (invisible mobs), drop bears (invisible mobs, again) or titty bitches (exagerated damage).

But i have in mind some other mobs that ruin this game for their mechanics (little wall of text ahead):

A) CROACKING CHIMERALS. These damn IDIOTIC mobs just spawned for me in merciless scepter of God (lvl 67 monsters). I am currently building an arc/incinerate CI witch (lvl 70 now), and i have not stellar gear and not optimal ES value in comparison to the very good players ("only" 9.000, while many others reach well over 13k). Long story short... a group of EIGHT blue ("swift croacking chimerals") spawned, and they have keeped spamming their damn leap attack ALL AT ONCE. Continuously. Endlessly...
Not a single arctic breath.. not a single kick.. NO. Only a "chain" of chimerals creating a "rainbow".. an endlessly (super fast) moving "snake" made out of frogs. One single leap of all of them (the first one, OBVIOUSLY FROM OFF SCREEN -.- )... and i was under 2k ES (from 9k!!!!!). 8 monsters overleaping one up another in the same exact squared centimeter. Tell me if this is not a broken mechanic... :/

That room looked like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5sQL7q_IOI

B) TOO FAST MOVING ONES. These i hate the most. In a game where armor sucks (and don't come to me saying "Ehy Wispo, use Lightning coil"!!!, because 1) it's too difficult to right colour for spell caster, and 2) ehrr, i play ES XD ), positioning is everything. But too much often, you must face rares with haste aura (that spread to allies, too), and well... they can cover an entire screen in less than a sec!!! But there are also some white ones TOO DAMN FAST!!! I am talking about the "undying" named ones (aristocrats etc), that spawn in the usual group of 7-8 and surround you in an instant, bashing your toon with physical damage all at once in a blink of an eye. You move away from point A to point B of the room, and... half a second later, a new physical damage bashing from 8 mobs all at once

C) "SUMMONERS". Brutus, Mother of the hive, Defilers, "Bringer of bones" types, Carrion queens etc. Now tell me... it's reasonable to have an entire army on the screen? We players must invest for having one single skelly more to summon... while some enemies can spawn allies WITHOUT A CAPPED NUMBER!!! Not every one have/wants to use an area attack (e.g. flameblast) or a penetrating attack (spectral throw).. nor is reasonable to carry around a Detonate gem only for exploding skellies ONE BY ONE (slowing the pace of the game) to counter those stupid Defilers (Defilers obviously hiding in the dark, so you don't notice them.. unless you found the entire room you just cleaned... revived after 5 seconds!!!)

D) ICE ONES. Arctic breath ones (Croacking chimerals... hate over 9k!!!!). Freezing pulse ones (Undying aristocrats... hate over 9k!!!!). Ice shot ones (Archer statues). Maybe my Saturated mana flask OF HEAT has finished the coal to burn to heating me, because... it says "20,90 seconds duration", and says also "IMMUNITY to freeze AND CHILL during flask effect", but... i pop the flask, and the anti cold shield last only a second, then i continue being chilled for the rest of 20 seconds). Again... exile slowed, pace slowed... feeling of dulliness... BOREDOM

In my opinion, these are mechanics that must be absolutely changed

"
Yes, basically.

A)Croaking chimerals are everything wrong with this game. Enough threads have said that.

B)Fast moving mobs promote rampant desync. Plain and simple.

C)I gave a lot of private feedback to GGG recently regarding this ridiculous tendency to just allow bosses to spawn infinite minions. Merveil is a BIG offender here. Her statues from the first form have a lot of health, hit pretty hard and can very quickly overwhelm the screen to create one of the least fun gaming experience in my not-short gaming life.

D) Freezing/chilling is currently too prevalent. It slows the game down and makes it really, really tiresome.

Add Devourers and Undying Evangelist here!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info