Monsters that ruin the game (not a QQ thread, only pure feedback)

And this is why CWDT+IC +EC combo is so popular. Sadly.

First, GGG introduces "mechanics" that gives you "adrenaline rushes" when some mobs can almost instantly kill you, without a good counter play to them. With the next step they add something to counter that "mechanic". Phase run story, anybody? Why was it removed? Because everyone had to use it.

So now, CWDT+IC+EC is almost a must for 99% of character (you CAN roll without it, but why would you, when it is so good and safe?), sharing its property with Phase run. GGG removed Phase run, so now they will "delete" CWDT+IC+EC combo, with the EC change. Problem solved? Sigh. I'd really have nothing against deleting EC combo AND these stupid damage spikes, that was the reason CWDT+IC+EC combo got popular in the first place. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of other ways of killing players (HC, mainly) without using such cheap and mostly annoying ways.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
I dislike Devourers so much I'll often straight walk out on maps where they've spawned.

The high mobility fleeing of Gulls/Wretches is pretty annoying too, but I can live with those.

Most everything else is fine.
We tested it extensively
meh no monsters really cause issue for me. All my builds are defensive minded first and foremost. Have to with 160 pings.

-Ive made 100% resits builds with lightning coil (so 40% physical mit too 70% when popping Flask of Hate!)
-Freeze builds so everything is frozen and cant hurt you
-Sponge builds which is huge instant life leech healing incoming damage as long as you are attacking with huge DPS
-50% evasion 45% dodge 46% spell dodge builds so you rarely get hit
-75% block 75% spell block same thing

OFC all have CWDT setups and 26 Arctic Armor if possible.

Back in invasion they did. caused me to quit playing HC lol

Uber still does.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 12, 2015, 4:33:57 AM
Yeah frogs/chargers are a royal pain, they do a ton of physical damage, but cwdt/end cry/immortal call helps with them, but still its tough.
"
Icholas wrote:
I dislike Devourers so much I'll often straight walk out on maps where they've spawned.

Yes. Devourers...

Spoiler

Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
But for hard hits like the spike damages of devourers, leapers (chimerals above all) etc one player needs a quantity of armor simply senseless... and it's because this that armor sucks

Armor's decent. Compared to no armor, there is a noticeable survivability boost if you use a high level Molten Shell to your Cast When Damage Taken, Cast When Stunned, or manual cast. Those small hits add up fast. If you use it in Conjunction with Enduring Cry, the survivability is noticeable.
I use 1 Cast When Damage taken and 2 Cast When Stun setups. I'll probably replace one of those Cast When Stuns when my second CWDT levels up high enough.

"
Now... even if we assume that i have a CI exile (=no healt pots needed)

Usually it is okay to just take the Chill or Freeze. I get frozen for 4 seconds against some enemies and take 9 seconds of shock against some enemies. I only use my Heat flask if it gets dangerous. For life builds, Freeze, Chill, or Shock rarely lands, because of the hp count.
"

I don't have to, your post's speak volumes.

Peace,

-Boem-

My post speaks from an argumented way. Yours' only from a ggg's lawyer way. I don't wanna be forced to lose a gem slot only for detonate dead only for defilers, nor i want cheap invincibility (IC) without an investement of mine in skill points

"
The counters some of these monsters require defy what I consider acceptable limitations/parameters for a build. If the devs want to promote diversity, putting monsters in with hard counters that must be used across the board is not the way to do it.

This is not a 'QQ' thread. It was rationally expressed and explained. If you are willing to do whatever it takes to overcome a monster, that's fine. GGG should not implicitly encourage many paths to victory and then expect everyone to do the same thing.

That sort of thinking leads to homogenisation. We don't need any more of that.

Applauses *____*
Last edited by Wispo on Mar 12, 2015, 8:16:18 AM
"
Icholas wrote:

The high mobility fleeing of Gulls/Wretches is pretty annoying too, but I can live with those.

Most everything else is fine.

And when a player is acting this way... well, bad game design!!!! I agree with you mate
@ Aim_deep

I really like your builds, expecially tank incinerator :)

@Tmaciak

Please mate, spread that picture as much as you can. So that the ggg's lawyers will learn what true shitty game design is

@Sarxsword

Trust me... when a yellow devourer with "powerful crits" or "extra damage" mods spawn right under your ass, doing damage with the very same resurfacing... well, you would really have already up charges, molten shell etc. When cwdt procs these, you are already dead. So you must walk around whit these defences constantly up... and maintain these active all time long is a ball breaking thing. I continue to ask myself what the hell is so difficult for ggg to LOWER the damage of the mobs or to transmute the physical defense in a % resistance like elemental one founded on gear and on tree
"
Wispo wrote:

Trust me... when a yellow devourer with "powerful crits" or "extra damage" mods spawn right under your ass, doing damage with the very same resurfacing... well, you would really have already up charges, molten shell etc. When cwdt procs these, you are already dead. So you must walk around whit these defences constantly up... and maintain these active all time long is a ball breaking thing. I continue to ask myself what the hell is so difficult for ggg to LOWER the damage of the mobs or to transmute the physical defense in a % resistance like elemental one founded on gear and on tree

You will survive with CWRD+IC. Problem is, it is soon to be gone.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info