Monsters that ruin the game (not a QQ thread, only pure feedback)

"
The counters some of these monsters require defy what I consider acceptable limitations/parameters for a build. If the devs want to promote diversity, putting monsters in with hard counters that must be used across the board is not the way to do it.

This is not a 'QQ' thread. It was rationally expressed and explained. If you are willing to do whatever it takes to overcome a monster, that's fine. GGG should not implicitly encourage many paths to victory and then expect everyone to do the same thing.

That sort of thinking leads to homogenisation. We don't need any more of that.

The OP has counters available to any and all monsters he listed.

All monsters have different ways to counter them if your smart about it, the thing is, the op just does not wanna deal with them since he considers them "annoying".

There is nothing wrong with those mobs, they just "slow him down". Like they should, this is by design.

Other then "i dislike them because they slow me down and prevent fluid gameplay" the op has not given any arguments at all. And that single argument is a personal stance on the mater and most likely does not hold true for the entire player-base, so it can be easily discarded.

Just look at how he responds to the counters i suggest. He's basically saying "to much effort bro".

Even more, he's plain out wrong with his assessment and counter argumentation of my counters.

Take the heat flask example, it shows how subjective this threat is, he concludes he can have 50 seconds of the heat prefix with all his potions. Totally neglecting the fact flask's recharge and that 50 seconds in a game like this is an incredibly long time, he is putting my counters in a vacuum to back up his "points", which makes it irrelevant since they don't exist in one.

Further more, hes "crying" about a very specific set of monsters, ignoring other cases since his build DOES counter those without issue's and they don't slow him down, totally neglecting the fact that for every mob he does not have a counter for, a summary of mobs can be made he has counters for.

I simply listed the first counters that come to mind charan, that's not the same like stating those are the only counters, far from it. The game allows experimentation and promotes counter-play, the fact some counters are more easily accessible (potions for example) then others (gem slots?) is a good thing.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Perq wrote:

You will survive with CWRD+IC.
You more likely won't. It will rather oneshoot you and IC will trigger post mortem, or will beat you to death in no time, due to the lack of endu charges and the short IC duration.
"
Boem wrote:
All monsters have different ways to counter them if your smart about it

How exactly a player is supposed to have a counter for every danger in existence, in dynamical environment?
It's the same silly argument, as the "carry a flask". "Oh you didn't have the one needed in fight? Trololo L2P noob". The mother of all flasks. Inventory full of flask. Auto replacing each other in fights.

I guess they are better to fix and improve some flaws, instead of waiting the apologists to excuse all of the bullshit in existence, with suggestions of hard counters for the hard counters for the hard counters for the...etc. Get's annoying, you know.

I personally, won't touch this game anymore, until they fix all of the off. release trash mobs. And some other stuff. And more. Enough is enough.

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Mar 12, 2015, 10:25:01 AM
"
Wispo wrote:
For the mitigation of small hits armor is decent (personally, i use a granite with increased flask effect instead of armor gear/nodes, and the effect is nearly the same). But for hard hits like the spike damages of devourers, leapers (chimerals above all) etc one player needs a quantity of armor simply senseless... and it's because this that armor sucks

I played a character with 22k armor and Endurance Charges to level 94 in a hardcre league. Never had a problem with leapers or devourers. Your highest level character is 78 on Standard. I don't think you've ever played a high level armor character. There's nothing wrong with that, it's your choice. But now you're telling me to learn about GGG's game design. Maybe you should be more respectful toward the more experienced players that try to give you advice.

"
Wispo wrote:
Devourers are shitty design decause they do damage to you the same moment they pop out

This is simply not true. If you just keep running with Arctic Armor on they often won't even be able to hit you because of the chilled ground. If you Warp/Leap into them - yes, you will have problems. The player in the screenshot used his Lightning Warp on the Dark Forest map that has guaranteed Devourers, with his squishy caster character. Not the smartest thing to do.

"
torturo wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

You will survive with CWRD+IC.
You more likely won't. It will rather oneshoot you and IC will trigger post mortem, or will beat you to death in no time, due to the lack of endu charges and the short IC duration.
"
Boem wrote:

How exactly a player is supposed to have a counter for every danger in existence, in dynamical environment?
It's the same silly argument, as the "carry a flask". "Oh you didn't have the one needed in fight? Trololo L2P noob". The mother of all flasks. Inventory full of flask. Auto replacing each other in fights.

I guess they are better to fix and improve some flaws, instead of waiting the apologists to excuse all of the bullshit in existence, with suggestions of hard counters for the hard counters for the hard counters for the...etc. Get's annoying, you know.

I personally, won't touch this game anymore, until they fix all of the off. release trash mobs. And some other stuff. Enough is enough.

Exactly.
This game like Charan said forces you to things less than acceptable. It is pure foolishness that for reaching an acceptable elemental mitigation you must stack only resistances and pop a flask here and there... while for an acceptable physical mitigation you must wear Coil + buy an expensive Taste of hate + running a mana vampire like arctic armour ALL AT ONCE. Many times some ggg lawyer said me "ehy wispo, learn to play!!! It is SUFFICIENT coil+taste+charges+molten shell". Sufficient? Anything else? :/ So, for this reason, whoever says "chimerals are fine" is blind, for me (no offence)
"
Zed_ wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:
For the mitigation of small hits armor is decent (personally, i use a granite with increased flask effect instead of armor gear/nodes, and the effect is nearly the same). But for hard hits like the spike damages of devourers, leapers (chimerals above all) etc one player needs a quantity of armor simply senseless... and it's because this that armor sucks

I played a character with 22k armor and Endurance Charges to level 94 in a hardcre league. Never had a problem with leapers or devourers. Your highest level character is 78 on Standard. I don't think you've ever played a high level armor character. There's nothing wrong with that, it's your choice. But now you're telling me to learn about GGG's game design. Maybe you should be more respectful toward the more experienced players that try to give you advice.

"
Wispo wrote:
Devourers are shitty design decause they do damage to you the same moment they pop out

This is simply not true. If you just keep running with Arctic Armor on they often won't even be able to hit you because of the chilled ground. If you Warp/Leap into them - yes, you will have problems. The player in the screenshot used his Lightning Warp on the Dark Forest map that has guaranteed Devourers, with his squishy caster character. Not the smartest thing to do.

Respectful? Grateful yes, but i am always respectful. I once haved a marauder, deleted in a rage quit. It was near lvl 60, and was builded taking life, regen and armor nodes. Plus all armor oriented gear. I don't remember the armour value, but my physical mitigation was around 40% or more (iron reflexes too). Well, take the pics oh that friend and "colour" of blue those devourers. Instadeath. Now tell a marauder to specialize in mana for running arctic armour :/
So basically you just wanna fight bugs/skeletons and zombie's only? You know, all the content that makes most people "yawn" after 30 minutes of play.

And then if we give you your way, what about that dude playing single target only? I mean those bugs always come in huge packs, so we better remove them.

And those skeleton archers, if they line up and all fire at once god forbid they can pack a punch, better remove them also since there is an off-chance they one-hit players.

It's not like the player has to play the game.

Yes i am laughing with this threat, but to make a point.

All you do is saying "yes, exactly" or "great +1" or "applause" to anybody agreeing with you disregarding any arguments presented by other players.

It's silly, this threat is. You raise some issues but for the wrong reasons.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
So basically you just wanna fight bugs/skeletons and zombie's only? You know, all the content that makes most people "yawn" after 30 minutes of play.

And then if we give you your way, what about that dude playing single target only? I mean those bugs always come in huge packs, so we better remove them.

And those skeleton archers, if they line up and all fire at once god forbid they can pack a punch, better remove them also since there is an off-chance they one-hit players.

It's not like the player has to play the game.

Yes i am laughing with this threat, but to make a point.

All you do is saying "yes, exactly" or "great +1" or "applause" to anybody agreeing with you disregarding any arguments presented by other players.

It's silly, this threat is. You raise some issues but for the wrong reasons.

Peace,

-Boem-

I want to fight all content that already esists, but RIGHTLY TUNED. We have some cool ideas. E.g. avian retches are at my eyes a super cool idea: a cannibal monster that is capable of devoure a corpse equally sized than him in 3 seconds to after spit it to you. Cool idea but... bad designed!!! Off screen shooting... offscreen running (for eating)... they run mindlessly between 4-5 corpses for all the screen because they can't decide WHAT corpse to eat...
Devourers.. cool idea an under soil worm!!! But... no sign of incoming surfacing (many have asked soil cracks when they approach, or soil signals in the places they are) + groups of 26738266 that surround you.
Shall i continue? Are these wrong reasons for you?
Yes they are wrong reasons for me.

Avian retches have bad AI that i could agree on and this is enhanced by poor server/client sync.

But that's about it.

They prolong fights, sure, but that's not a bad thing.

Devourers, again, no real arguments.

1) they don't actively surround you, that's a player error one that is punished with these units.

2) what would be the point of dangerous sub-teran units if they show you where they are going to pop-out?
The whole point is to have them "always on the players mind" to induce fear and careful play.

Hell GGG already reduced the quantity of devourers, don't expect them to nerf them further or we could just remove them.

Why make them underground units if your gonna place markers for them? Might as well just show them to players popped out so they can be raped by ranged/casters like all other units.(which is part of there function)

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
Yes they are wrong reasons for me.

Avian retches have bad AI that i could agree on and this is enhanced by poor server/client sync.

But that's about it.

They prolong fights, sure, but that's not a bad thing.

Devourers, again, no real arguments.

1) they don't actively surround you, that's a player error one that is punished with these units.

2) what would be the point of dangerous sub-teran units if they show you where they are going to pop-out?
The whole point is to have them "always on the players mind" to induce fear and careful play.

Hell GGG already reduced the quantity of devourers, don't expect them to nerf them further or we could just remove them.

Why make them underground units if your gonna place markers for them? Might as well just show them to players popped out so they can be raped by ranged/casters like all other units.(which is part of there function)

Peace,

-Boem-

So you are basically telling me that all the times they surface all at once in a perfect Giotto's circle around me... it's a lie i'am telling?
Last edited by Wispo on Mar 12, 2015, 1:11:53 PM
I am telling you that you

1) either jump into them making them all attack you at once causing the circular pattern.

2) freeze up the moment they pop-out instead of taking action

Both are player errors. And not creep-design flaws.

You are suggesting they actively go and suround players, which they don't. If a player gets "hit-locked" or surrounded, its by own fault.

Peace,

-Boem-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info