Monsters that ruin the game (not a QQ thread, only pure feedback)

"
Wouldn't the same have happened in any situation including a frost monster doing a critical and decent damage sources nearby?
Why weren't your potions sufficient to protect you?

You don't get it. Ofc I didn't die, but close enough. I'm fed beyond any imagination, related to the low level zone I'm in. With high HP pool, and freeze duration is related with it. Then I got deep frozen and beaten up almost to death.

Isn't this thread about fucked up trash imbalanced mobs?

In this case 99.99% of lower chars, equal to zone level, even higher, would have been sent to standard.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Mar 16, 2015, 4:21:26 PM
They are insane when one of them is a rare with crit and speed. Also most of the time they off-screen jump on you.
Forum pvp
"
torturo wrote:
I've been doing Dom with a +90 ar/eva/block around 6K HP char. I'm at +20 lvls above the area level with pretty high HP, defenses and 75 resists. Char specialized in dealing with phys damage.

A group of croaking chimerals first froze (?!?) me deep, then beat me while frozen almost to death. In a 68 area. I stood up shocked.

What's the point to discuss about these mobs and how will they behave in 78 content.
They are fuckin messed up.
Everyone with experience will say that. There's no point for discussion.

+1, well said!
"
lolozori wrote:
They are insane when one of them is a rare with crit and speed. Also most of the time they off-screen jump on you.
Fuacking chimeras especially "fun" in multiproj maps. Puke from distance - freeze - jump - stun - shotgun. Fine, just fine (c)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Moosifer wrote:
"
Could we please continue this discussion without accusing people of lying?

The point about movement bonus stacking doesn't look like a real issue, to me. I find it hard to imagine that monsters could be an exaggerated threat without there being something that let you know there was a danger (like a map mod). Specifically, ultra-fast mobs are designed with high speeds in mind, so you should be able to deal with them correctly despite that high speed, and hard-hitting ones are slow, so you should be able to react quick enough to defend against them.

How? How do you have a discussion about a situation when it's impossible to follow the context? This is why these threads end up going no where because people give completely subjective opinions with no context for it and it leaves everyone else to put their own perspective on it so everyone has a different conclusion.

He's giving exact numbers and exact situations but changing them each post. He's talking about how much damage these are doing to his CoC tabala build yet has 50% evasion. Either he's talking low lvl or he has some pretty insane gear. If he's talking low lvl 1.5k seems pretty god damn extreme, what level content is he doing? All of these things matter and either he's lying or the context is fucked. One of the two things need to be cleared up.

If he's taking his lvl 78 toon w/ a tabala into a 78 map and getting stomped, well no shit. If he's doing a 66 map, 1.5k damage is fucking extreme. Context is really important here, sorry if I'm particular but if you guys don't see this as important than please, everyone just say the next person is wrong. As we clearly don't want to figure out what's happening here rather just say everyone is wrong.

You have not understood :/ But it's probably fault of my shitty english, so i'll explain again :/

I wrote: "Now i have made to you this hypotetical example-only fight between my coc and chimerals. But the actual fight was ES witch vs swift chimerals". The fight with the 8 blue chimerals in merciless sceptre was made with my 78 ES witch (with an ES chest of course). As for the coc eva shadow (that wearing tabula in the waiting of a reasonable price 6 link eva, even a simple 1.000 evasion one), i am talking about cruel chimerals and my need of a 6 link eva chest to reach that "perfect" defense i had in mind at the very moment of ideating the build. This does not mean that with my shadow i don't evade at all, but only that i still don't evade as much as i would do. But chimerals are equally shitty design: "you" build eva (even with perfect chest)? "You" evade 5 out of 8 of them, then the remaining 3 fuck your toon. "You" build armour only? "You" will receive a little less damage but from 5-6 of them... and they fuck your exile. And so on. The problem, aside from their desync, their offscreen, their surprise attack... is in a nutshell another friend well said: SPIKE DAMAGE EMBODIED.
This said, if the matter here is that you have not understood my previous english.... ok, i apologize, but i have not learned it well enough at school. But if instead you have the fanboic goal (that i have suspected from 3 days ago) of to let pass the message "it's not chimerals that are shitty design, but it's wispo that is poor of exalted orbs for buying decent gear, otherwise chimerals are fine"... well, i say you 2 things:

1) Torturo has wrecked your try, telling all of us that a 6k life lvl 90 exile could be almost fucked by lvl 68 only chimerals (and for this reason, GGG should really be ashamed)

2) you could do the end of Boem: IGNORE LIST
Last edited by Wispo on Mar 17, 2015, 7:56:07 AM
"
silumit wrote:
"
lolozori wrote:
Fuacking chimeras especially "fun" in multiproj maps. Puke from distance - freeze - jump - stun - shotgun. Fine, just fine (c)

+ 1000

"
lolozori wrote:

+ 10.000
"
Wispo wrote:
You have not understood :/ But it's probably fault of my shitty english, so i'll explain again :/

I wrote: "Now i have made to you this hypotetical example-only fight between my coc and chimerals. But the actual fight was ES witch vs swift chimerals". The fight with the 8 blue chimerals in merciless sceptre was made with my 78 ES witch (with an ES chest of course). As for the coc eva shadow (that wearing tabula in the waiting of a reasonable price 6 link eva, even a simple 1.000 evasion one), i am talking about cruel chimerals and my need of a 6 link eva chest to reach that "perfect" defense i had in mind at the very moment of ideating the build. This does not mean that with my shadow i don't evade at all, but only that i still don't evade as much as i would do. But chimerals are equally shitty design: "you" build eva (even with perfect chest)? "You" evade 5 out of 8 of them, then the remaining 3 fuck your toon. "You" build armour only? "You" will receive a little less damage but from 5-6 of them... and they fuck your exile. And so on. The problem, aside from their desync, their offscreen, their surprise attack... is in a nutshell another friend well said: SPIKE DAMAGE EMBODIED.
This said, if the matter here is that you have not understood my previous english.... ok, i apologize, but i have not learned it well enough at school. But if instead you have the fanboic goal (that i have suspected from 3 days ago) of to let pass the message "it's not chimerals that are shitty design, but it's wispo that is poor of exalted orbs for buying decent gear, otherwise chimerals are fine"... well, i say you 2 things:

1) Torturo has wrecked your try, telling all of us that a 6k life lvl 90 exile could be almost fucked by lvl 68 only chimerals (and for this reason, GGG should really be ashamed)

2) you could do the end of Boem: IGNORE LIST

It wasn't miscommunications unless 1.5k damage means something drastically different when translated from your language to english.

How you keep describing how they attack is completely wrong in the first place. As you approach they will all trigger once you're in range. If they are attacking off screen it's from you approaching, which unless you stop dead, before you know they are about to attack you mind you, some will land on where you were rather than where you are atm. So this pack of 8 gets knocked down at least a few, to half. So then rather than you taking the magical 3 which is enough to kill you, most likely you're taking 1-2. The only other way to activate them off screen, which you kept focusing on in previous posts which is why I am now, is to move too deep into the current pack your facing to active them too soon. As where you're coming from they won't magically appear. So either you're over extending or just playing oddly stop/going your way into rooms.

From my perspective, these are annoying mobs just like most of act 3x packs. Devourers, bubblers, chimerals, squirrels and the birds, all goddamn annoying, extremely dangerous, all can potentially 2-3 shot most guys, it's easy to get chain stunned and killed. I dislike most of them but I understand that the game was far too easy prior to their existence to the point where death was almost always boss or dumb move related. Maybe they can be balanced a little better but really most of these mobs just punish builds that shouldn't be doing the content they are when they get stomped by them. Zombies will not punish a 76 toon for doing a 77 map, devourer sure as fuck will.

Lastly, Torturo didn't prove shit. We all run into perfect combination of mods that catch us completely off guard and do WAY more damage than we expected. I was in 7th place in a week race in CB until I went into a lvl 60 map and got creamed by a pack of blue apes, 3 damage mods and pretty sure 1-2 of them crit, but there was like 15 so didn't matter too much.

And I don't give a shit if you ignore me. If you're only here to sound off why are you replying to anything? Who cares about the people who agree with you, you should be trying to figure out what the counterpoint is and how the two of you can come to an agreement as if your feedback was a no-brainer it wouldn't need to be said. It's clear you need to change opinions and saying you'll just ignore anyone who pushes back isn't getting you far. if I was looking at this as a dev I'd just see another person who was pissed about dying in an unfortunate situation and is getting off steam. Not someone who is genuinely trying to improve the game, just make it globally easier so they don't have to worry about this shit again.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Monster design aside, the armour formula isn't stupid, it's a good design that actually allows non-armour chars to exist.

Think about it, linear damage reduction from armour would mean one of two possibilities:
(1) GGG introduce even higher physical damage spikes to still present a threat to players going all in on armour, meanwhile non-armour users will get crushed completly.
(2) Physical damage gets reduced to a point where it is irrelevant to all builds.

If these are my choices, I prefer option (3) --> the current implementation of armour (i.e. some mitigation, but no invincibility).
"
Lord_of_Error wrote:
Monster design aside, the armour formula isn't stupid, it's a good design that actually allows non-armour chars to exist.

Think about it, linear damage reduction from armour would mean one of two possibilities:
(1) GGG introduce even higher physical damage spikes to still present a threat to players going all in on armour, meanwhile non-armour users will get crushed completly.
(2) Physical damage gets reduced to a point where it is irrelevant to all builds.

If these are my choices, I prefer option (3) --> the current implementation of armour (i.e. some mitigation, but no invincibility).

Some mitigation... :/ Too little mitigation :/ I still hear of mates oneshotted by map Kole ground "wave". And the sense of armor should be at least to prevent one shots.. right? :/
Only Pure HP or ES can really prevent one shots. Armor is good for prolonged fights. I find that it helps a lot for my character. At a mere 2400 armor, which you can get with Molten Shell (it is on my Cast When Stunned setup), you can prevent up to 200 damage per physical hit. This is about the equivalent of a level 20 arctic armor. So, it kind of depends. Is level 20 Arctic Armor useless?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info