Monsters that ruin the game (not a QQ thread, only pure feedback)

"
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:
Such gargantuan fanboysm -.- Boem in ignore list (nothing personal mate, it's only A GAME after all)...

Your better off not ignoring Boem he's actually right about a lot of things.

Not in this case.

__

For me it's less about the difficulty factor and more about the lack-of-legitimate-challenge factor. Okay, so when I'm playing Special Snowflake Melee Mode, croaking chimerals wreck my shit. Given. But even if I'm playing what could be considered an acceptable mode, they're STILL:

Super fast -- causes desync
leap slamming with stun potential -- causes desync
apt to slow you -- causes desync

See where I'm going with this? Nothing about the Croaking Chimeral adds to this game in any enjoyable or challenging way. It just causes a lot of desync, slows you down (boring) and hits you out of nowhere. It's just plain shitty design.

The irony contained in this post is well over 9000.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"

I think this would be cool if the game encouraged actual teamwork, KimchiGirl, instead of merely building solo characters that can handle anything and everything. And let's not pretend they don't exist. I'm playing one right now.

I'm fairly certain that the unkillable builds like St. Drongo and Sovyn's BOTW from a few weeks ago are quite niche. I'd like to believe so at the least. I also remember HVR and Mors having certain builds that could tank Abaxoth while doing very little damage in the past. I don't think such builds are too common though, and I have a feeling that GGG is going to change things so that these builds and new builds can not just tank all damage. I think GGG putting Sovyn's lazy pally as BOTW was both a congrats from them to his ingenuity of pushing the limits of the game and also a last hurrah as well, such as when GGG did the snapshotting BOTW before that mechanic was removed from the game.

I honestly don't think any monsters need to be changed just because they counter some builds. Unless a majority of builds are affected by the monster type, such as when GGG made the devourer change with strongboxes, I don't agree with nerfs to monster types.

I've had builds that were just terrible vs frogs, mainly cause low movespeed plus arctic breath. Higher movespeed builds almost hard counter frogs though cause they have high maneuverability and positioning, except for the invader frog cause he has a large amount of chaos damage.

I've had builds that were countered by devourers, such as mf summoner build or totem build where I don't have the best defenses, but it's usually not a problem cause minions tank most the damage. Other builds can easily take devourer hits or simply out-position.

I've even had builds that just sucked vs porcupines, but an EV ondar's build make porcupines look like a joke.

Point is, for every build that is countered by certain monster types, there are other builds that counter those monsters, and those builds are themselves countered by different monster types.

"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
Last edited by KimchiGirlx3 on Mar 13, 2015, 8:15:52 PM
All of this "desync bad design mobs etc etc" coming from you Charan, when you basically laughed at me when i made you aware of your own monsters impact on the game is hilarious.

More so when you finish it off with "beyond GGG's control".

You are beyond GGG's control shame on them.

And when i suggested adding a "cannot stun on first impact" modifier to your mobs to not force desync so often and make it a more fun encounter for the community, you laughed at me and told me to shush.

Meh fuck it, your duality always astounds me, taking sides as it suits your goal. Don't ever change man.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : thx.
Last edited by Boem on Mar 13, 2015, 9:47:47 PM
"
Wispo wrote:
Such gargantuan fanboysm -.- Boem in ignore list (nothing personal mate, it's only A GAME after all)...

+1, done.
I think the main issue is the risk of damage spikes that appear literally out of nowhere.

I recently had a large group of devourers pop around my main character out of nowhere (around 10 of them). There aren't many characters that can survive such a situation (the character would have been able to survive 6 of them without any issue).

The question that should be asked is : can X kind of mob suddenly kill many builds by surprise?
If so, then something should probably be changed about that kind of mob.
10 devourers sounds like

a) pack size map

b) pulling two groups of devourer agro instead of one.

They heavily reduced there spawn-rate and composition already. You used to get 20 of them at time in a pack size dark-forest map.

"
The question that should be asked is : can X kind of mob suddenly kill many builds by surprise?

I don't understand the logic here, should the main focus not be on X in this case instead of the mob. Clearly they pose no threat in your example at lower frequency's so why change the mob design in itself?

Peace,

-Boem-
"
I think the main issue is the risk of damage spikes that appear literally out of nowhere.

I recently had a large group of devourers pop around my main character out of nowhere (around 10 of them). There aren't many characters that can survive such a situation (the character would have been able to survive 6 of them without any issue).

"Don't you know that this is YOUR FAULT" ( XD )?
"Don't you understand that has been YOU that go stepping right in to the center of the devs "cove" " ( XD )?
"Don't you know that is a consequence of your positioning if they surrounded you" ( XD )?
"And don't you know that, although their "cove" is TOTALLY INVISIBLE... well, it is EQUALLY YOUR FAULT for triggering them" ( XD )?

A blind fanboy will reply to you this way.
I, instead, reply to you saying that i understand the drama of these stupid damage spikes.
The problem of this game, and (for returning in topic, topic that -for remembering to others- is SOME MOSTERS RUIN THE GAME, and not HEY WISPO DEAL WITH IT) specifically with chimerals or devourers, is that doesn't exist "grey". It's all "or white" "or black". There is never a medium way.

For 99% of a level/map you encounter mobs that nearly don't do a scratch to you (e.g. zombies/humans/apes/bears). Then, all of a sudden, without advice.... RAAAAAARRRRLLLLL!!!!

4.634.123.467 blue chimerals stack one on another FROM OFF SCREEN

10% EXP GONE

SUCH.... SHIT!!!!!
Last edited by Wispo on Mar 14, 2015, 10:08:43 PM
wispo you conveniently ignored my post asking why you're playing a self-gimped build and complaining the game is too hard.

Do you not want any challenge at all in the game?
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
When I said "X" kind of mob, I didn't mean "X" mobs of a specific kind of monster, but specific kind of monster "X".

For devourers, I'd say that the issue doesn't lie in the number of devourers that you can aggro at a time, but that all of them can pop around you at the same time. Many more builds can survive pulling 20 devourers at the same time, but with only 6 around them at any time than builds can survive pulling 10 devourers, all around the character at the same time.

In my specific example, it happened twice in the same Zana map, with different devourer groups, and the map didn't even have increased pack size. This had never happened to me before, even in maps where I had to push through countless packs of devourers, popping 4 to 6 at a time. Needless to say that I didn't attempt to finish Zana's map.

PS : wispo, I suggest you use "" in order to clarify your post. I was tempted to skip it halfway through.
"
Moosifer wrote:
wispo you conveniently ignored my post asking why you're playing a self-gimped build and complaining the game is too hard.

Do you not want any challenge at all in the game?

Conveniently? Pleeeease mate ;)
Self gimped? You are kidding i hope. CoC can wipe out uber Atziri ;)

Side note: i complain not difficulty, but mechanics made out of pure shit MASKED like difficulty (OFFSCREEN chimerals... INVISIBLE devourers). But if you spent so many dollars on this game, it's logic that you are trying to justify to yourself all that wasted money by defending shitty mechanics) ;)
GGG made a mess, plain and simple. After all, GGG it's only an amateur software house.. no more can be expected from them
Last edited by Wispo on Mar 14, 2015, 10:07:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info