Monsters that ruin the game (not a QQ thread, only pure feedback)

Fixing the Frogs: 1. Jump from not so far away. and/or 2. A little less damage, especially the boss. and/or 3. Not so many.

GGG ruined Merveil. She was fun before. Now, almost all skip her. (maps, Acts Merveil is fine.)

Is this the point behind GGG's strategy to ruin, more and more Bosses and areas when their player/programmers think something is too easy (because they know all the inside mechanics of the AI).

The Rogues, imo, they are fine except Igna. HOWEVER, when GGG gave the players the same looks and skills as the Rogues, it is difficult to tell them apart or tell when one has spawned -- maybe, some kind of marker for Rogues like Zana's Rosue Quests. (Where player markers are Green and Gold/Yellow -- maybe a red x or o when the area has come into view.)
"Share information to increase knowledge."
"... to distinguish Nature from Custom, or that which is established because it is right, from that which is right only because it is established." Samuel Johnson
birdmen are the only ones rest is fine and keeps you on your toes...k birdmen do exactly that but you know what i mean
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"
ventiman wrote:
birdmen are the only ones rest is fine and keeps you on your toes...k birdmen do exactly that but you know what i mean

Wouldn't disgree. Birdmen are bullshit, just because they go well beyond range, and that's about all they do. They make you waste time. Monkey scatter is one thing, but a mob that just hides off screen... bleh.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
Here's my top 5 list of monsters which ruin the game:
Skeletons. Freaking slow, no threat to ranged characters. Sometimes they shock though.
Beetles. Only a threat if you're trying to make a single-target build. So no one, amirite?
Vaal Fallen. These guys are even slower than skeletons. Ranged laughs at them. At least they are disciples of RNGesus.
Zombies. These were lower on the list but they've moved up because I've been watching a lot of Steam Greenlight trailers recently.
Barrels. These things have paperthin HP and don't even try to attack you. The ultimate in risk/reward design failure.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 6, 2015, 6:51:32 PM
Agree

1.) crack chimerals - spike damage embodied. A pack of blue ones on a map with vuln or extra damage can "oneshot" you with a fast burst leap. Much worse than a rhoa charge, because rhoas at least collide among themselves, but chimerals stack! The least that needs to be done is to tone down the frequency at which they all jump on you.

2.) everything that moves fast and has an IQ of a doorway - because clicking on desynced mobs as melee is not fun

3.) slowing down the player - because fuck ice shot statues
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 6, 2015, 6:59:57 PM
Concerning the new Merveil fight, don't forget the intense lag her new setup can create. I once tried her on the level 70 map. It shouldn't have been hard, but The moment I activated the fight the room was filled with water spouts and cycloning minions. Filled. No build up what so ever. Just wham, no where to move, no ability to move, dead. (I wasn't frozen either.)

I counted thirteen minions alone, and that's only what I could see. The spouts were everywhere. It was insane. Death by lag!

Now, dead happens, and that didn't upset me. It was the sheer spam that hit all at once I found disagreeable.

Does PoE test these things? I wonder.
"
morbo wrote:
Agree

1.) crack chimerals - spike damage embodied. A pack of blue ones on a map with vuln or extra damage can "oneshot" you with a fast burst leap. Much worse than a rhoa charge, because rhoas at least collide among themselves, but chimerals stack! The least that needs to be done is to tone down the frequency at which they all jump on you.

2.) everything that moves fast and has an IQ of a doorway - because clicking on desynced mobs as melee is not fun

3.) slowing down the player - because fuck ice shot statues

Agree at 99%. 1% disagree is because GGG does not only reduce the frequency of jumps, but also reduce, and by a lot (say 30/40%) their insane damage
"
I am currently building an arc/incinerate CI witch (lvl 70 now), and i have not stellar gear and not optimal ES value in comparison to the very good players ("only" 9.000, while many others reach well over 13k). Long story short... a group of EIGHT blue ("swift croacking chimerals") spawned, and they have keeped spamming their damn leap attack ALL AT ONCE. Continuously. Endlessly...

Heh, when I was level 70, my gear was way inferior to yours. All I can say is Cast When Stunned is your friend. Use this setup, which I use. Cast When Stunned - Cold Snap - Elemental Proliferation. Add Molten Shell, Shockwave Totem, or Arctic Breath as a 4th link. If you see them leaping at you like that, drink a Granite potion, it should limit their damage and your Cold Snap should go off with pretty good chances of freezing. Proliferate would do the rest for you.

"
Maybe my Saturated mana flask OF HEAT has finished the coal to burn to heating me, because... it says "20,90 seconds duration", and says also "IMMUNITY to freeze AND CHILL during flask effect", but... i pop the flask, and the anti cold shield last only a second

Your mana regenerated to full. Use it on a movement potion or something. Or use it on a weaker Mana potion. Sacred Mana flasks last a long time, as long as you have empty mana.

And yes, I agree that Croaking Chimerals are pretty messed up. The leap + chain stun is no fun.
"
Starxsword wrote:
"
I am currently building an arc/incinerate CI witch (lvl 70 now), and i have not stellar gear and not optimal ES value in comparison to the very good players ("only" 9.000, while many others reach well over 13k). Long story short... a group of EIGHT blue ("swift croacking chimerals") spawned, and they have keeped spamming their damn leap attack ALL AT ONCE. Continuously. Endlessly...

Heh, when I was level 70, my gear was way inferior to yours. All I can say is Cast When Stunned is your friend. Use this setup, which I use. Cast When Stunned - Cold Snap - Elemental Proliferation. Add Molten Shell, Shockwave Totem, or Arctic Breath as a 4th link. If you see them leaping at you like that, drink a Granite potion, it should limit their damage and your Cold Snap should go off with pretty good chances of freezing. Proliferate would do the rest for you.

"
Maybe my Saturated mana flask OF HEAT has finished the coal to burn to heating me, because... it says "20,90 seconds duration", and says also "IMMUNITY to freeze AND CHILL during flask effect", but... i pop the flask, and the anti cold shield last only a second

Your mana regenerated to full. Use it on a movement potion or something. Or use it on a weaker Mana potion. Sacred Mana flasks last a long time, as long as you have empty mana.

And yes, I agree that Croaking Chimerals are pretty messed up. The leap + chain stun is no fun.

Thanks for the advices :) I will use cwdt (i wear eye of chayula, so no stun for me :) ) + the setup you adviced :)
The thing that has killed me, was a combo of stupid insane damage of chimerals + the usual... usual .... usual... CHILLIIIIIINGGGGGG!!!!! :'( What a ball breakers are those damn undying cultist/aristocrat/archivist!!!! TOO MUCH SPEEDY ad coming close to you... and SPAMMING FREEZING PULSE all day long -.-
Unfortunately, Cast When Damage Taken would be a lot less effective, because of the less damage multiplier on CWDT itself.
But once you level CWDT to a high level. A high level CWDT also gives you a more damage multiplier, so your freeze will last longer.
If you are going to level up CWDT though, may as well use it in a 4 link. Cold Snap + Elemental Proliferation + ???.

From my experience on using it (with Cast When Stunned), it is great for crowd control when you need the breathing room. High level CWDT should give you similar results.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info