Skills that have to be buffed in order to acheive a balanced game

"

@goetzjam your answer is irrelevant.

Having AA available to you on a high mana regen build contributes nothing to the statement that mana leach is rendered useless by the limitations of the engine.

My answer isn't "irrelevant" I made 2 points, but you simply choose to point out the one that has "failed logic" by your part. Mana leech isn't a limitation of the engine, but rather a side effect of the life leech nerf so long ago (can't leech more then % of your pool, can't overleech)

What about stun immunity, does that mean nothing?

Out of all the melee skills, cyclone is among the best and most balanced. Would some range increase be nice, sure, but its fine.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"

Having AA available to you on a high mana regen build contributes nothing to the statement that mana leach is rendered useless by the limitations of the engine.

My answer isn't "irrelevant" I made 2 points, but you simply choose to point out the one that has "failed logic" by your part. Mana leech isn't a limitation of the engine, but rather a side effect of the life leech nerf so long ago (can't leech more then % of your pool, can't overleech)

Out of all the melee skills, cyclone is among the best and most balanced. Would some range increase be nice, sure, but its fine.

Nope, it's still irrelevant since i was responding to the "blood magic is mandatory" in the previous post's.

Which only holds true because of engine limitations that prevent the alternate melee route (mana leach based).

Cyclone can be perfectly maintained on mana leach, as long as your actually leaching. Given how cyclone works and the engine, it's not unlikely that it will fail at some stage. And since this can mean dead or -10%xp, it's not worth the risk.

You stating this has to do with the leach cap just shows me you have no experience with this, since i have.

I don't even care what happens with cyclone, just pointing out the obvious reason why blood magic "feels" mandatory in its current implementation. And it has everything to do with efficiency and minimizing risk in tandem with the engine and it's limitations.

Whatever, have at it, just came in to point out that in a perfect world, cyclone would be run on mana leach and not blood magic. But people roll with the dice they got.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"

Nope, it's still irrelevant since i was responding to the "blood magic is mandatory" in the previous post's.

Which only holds true because of engine limitations that prevent the alternate melee route (mana leach based).

Cyclone can be perfectly maintained on mana leach, as long as your actually leaching. Given how cyclone works and the engine, it's not unlikely that it will fail at some stage. And since this can mean dead or -10%xp, it's not worth the risk.

You stating this has to do with the leach cap just shows me you have no experience with this, since i have.

I don't even care what happens with cyclone, just pointing out the obvious reason why blood magic "feels" mandatory in its current implementation. And it has everything to do with efficiency and minimizing risk in tandem with the engine and it's limitations.

Whatever, have at it, just came in to point out that in a perfect world, cyclone would be run on mana leach and not blood magic. But people roll with the dice they got.

Peace,

-Boem-

Please explain why the changes to leech that also affected mana leech have nothing to do with the leach cap? You mentioned your "experienced" but don't mention why capped leech has no effect on the overall sustainability of cyclone.

If your going to call someone out, support it with facts, not just say LOL you have no experience I do. That isn't an argument or proof and the burden of proof lies on the one both disputing the claim (like you) as well as calling someone out.

Can anyone compare the DPS of a cyclone build 2 hander with something like static strike?

FeelsBadMan

People are able to sustain a 5-link cyclone on 2% mana leach, cap or no cap.

People refuse to do so because it fails at times because of the engine.

Is that up for debate? You really think people are not running it on mana leach because the opportunity cost is to high?

And if so, passive tree/gear wise or engine wise?

Peace,

-Boem-

(honestly i don't feel like providing proof or even debating with you, some stuff is just obvious and doesn't require the efforts, feel free to disregard my post's if you think they hold no relevance)
"
Boem wrote:
People are able to sustain a 5-link cyclone on 2% mana leach, cap or no cap.

People refuse to do so because it fails at times because of the engine.

Is that up for debate? You really think people are not running it on mana leach because the opportunity cost is to high?

And if so, passive tree/gear wise or engine wise?

Peace,

-Boem-

(honestly i don't feel like providing proof or even debating with you, some stuff is just obvious and doesn't require the efforts, feel free to disregard my post's if you think they hold no relevance)

Don't feel like providing proof then don't call someone out. Really as simple as that. You mention it is an engine failure and then don't explain why, to other many people this is just stating things as fact without any supporting evidence.

Thanks,
goetzjam

FeelsBadMan

You require proof that people desync which disables mechanics like leach to take place?

ok *nods*

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
You require proof that people desync which disables mechanics like leach to take place?

ok *nods*

Peace,

-Boem-

And anyone and everyone that uses cyclone should have an /oos macro. With flask management and leech it should be very manageable to use cyclone without BM.

Desync isn't an engine limitation either, its a design choice, but again isn't really relevant to this discussion at hand FYI.

FeelsBadMan

Last edited by goetzjam on Mar 5, 2015, 11:36:58 AM
@Boem: I'm going to point out while I agree that ML and desync together makes a bad combination for cyclone, CoC EK cyclone is not a cyclone build. That is a CoC build that uses Cyclone to proc its spells. The mana cost cannot compare to a build that uses cyclone as the actual attack.

@goetzjam: If you haven't understood already, the point Boem is making has nothing to do with leech cap, period. If you miss, desync or not, you get OOM easily.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
That and /oos won't help one bit if running oom was or was part of the cue that alerted you that something was amiss; you're already oom, and running oom often means you're standing dead still.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:
That and /oos won't help one bit if running oom was or was part of the cue that alerted you that something was amiss; you're already oom, and running oom often means you're standing dead still.

Hence why most players use bloodmagic instead of relying on leech. In a perfect world where you didn't have desync the leech mechanic would work properly, instead it isn't perfect so either

A) you use BM, which is the easier option

B) soultaker

C) You plan for a mana buffer and spam /oos constantly, have an instant mana flask ready to rely on just in case.

I'm still waiting on DPS comparison of any melee skill and cyclone.

FeelsBadMan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info