1.3.1 Patch Notes

"
ama wrote:
Order of the frozen sky is IMBA again.

I'm finding it comfortable still, but actually somewhat of a threat again, which is nice.

"
Mateo_swe wrote:
I suddenly lost about 2500 in tooltip damage on my crit dagger ST dude.
14 7xx before patch, 12 2xx after.

Using Abyssus? Heard some people were having issues with that on ST.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Tormented Spirits are now substantially more inclined to possess a monster when one is in range.

Although I apreciate the effort to fix this, I feel that it is a bit ironic, to fix this near the end of the league.
"
rinleezwins wrote:
"PvP Balance:"

This is where everyone stopped reading. Thanks for the patch notes.

"
KorgothBG wrote:
i really can't see why people are complaining about vengeance ... it's AoE was beyond terrible with facebreakers ...

This. I have tried the 3 counters facebreaker builds with almost max plat phys on gear, the damage on counters falls off so bad in late game, it was actually a joke. It was pretty op for leveling, but nothing else.

On the other hand, it's funny how they can disable one ability in some peoples builds just like that, while leaving legacy items in the game...

Well that is actually not true ... and you are probably doing it wrong ...

that's with
Herald of Ash + Hatred, Riposte + Culling strike + Added fire damage + Melee physical damage; Reckoning + Culling Strike + Melee physical damage + Life Gained on hit; Vengeance + Life Gained on hit

reckoning is one-shotting in 78 maps ...and that's just with 1 damage related support gem

here have a video of a precinct map clear only with counter-attack gems:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbY0wmvydpU&feature=youtu.be

The thing is not that counter-attack gems are not good with facebreakers ( in fact they are BEST used exactly with facebreakers because of the huge damage per hit ) the thing is that vengeance aoe is based on weapon radius which is terribly small on facebreaekrs. Even with huge amounts of increased AoE ( like i'm playing ) the AoE is still less than let's say cyclone... add the fact that it has a chance to trigger .. and you get a not so good counter attack gem .. especially compared to the other counter-attacks
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 3, 2015, 5:06:52 AM
"
Serleth wrote:

Using Abyssus? Heard some people were having issues with that on ST.

No, but i have the Disembowelling nodes.
My God, I hope they haven't further nerfed this wonderful buildcombo even more (ST/crit).

These worked pre patch witch i confirmed myself by checking my crit chance and using respec orbs.
However i have not checked AFTER yesterdays patch.
This could very well be the reason for my lower tooltip damage after the patch.
The amount seem quite possible and even most likely, i'll check when i get home.

#@!?¤#D!!!
"
11md351 wrote:
"
Krysyss wrote:
*Vengeance can no longer trigger while unarmed.

Other than to nerf people using Facebreakers, why was this done?

The description of the gem is "Trigger, Attack, AoE, Melee".......nowhere does it say a weapon is needed......completely unfair to Facebreaker builds!

+1 to above post...another facebreaker nerf... sigh

"
Crank_ wrote:
I honestly don't get why they nerf the facebreaker. He isn't even close to the 'top chars' in terms of clear speed, in strong parties everything seems dead before you even get in meele range... and meele chars in general seem underrepresented.
And when I look at the public parties I play with, I hardly ever see any facebreakers anyway.

cause having a FB in LLD-PvP using all 3 trigger gems plus the shield charge plus the undefeated cyclone is RIDICULOUS!!! got it?

afk build and still crying...
Beta Member Since 2010
Last edited by Kalidor on Feb 3, 2015, 5:26:39 AM
"
Kalidor wrote:

cause having a FB in LLD-PvP using all 3 trigger gems plus the shield charge plus the undefeated cyclone is RIDICULOUS!!! got it?

afk build and still crying...

So what you are saying is that GGG balances the game ( including PvE ) based on the PvP? No that can't be true ... right ?
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
flask grant inmunity????

a buff to CI, but this is going to make the game waaaaaaay more easy and will not be the "unfair diffficulty" loved by the lovers of classic Arpg.

i love to die offscreen, get shocked+frozen 100000 times in a sec, not a joke.

anyways

BYE BYE RESISTANCE FLASK!!!

WELCOMCE surgeon jade of groundig+heat!!
"
KorgothBG wrote:
So what you are saying is that GGG balances the game ( including PvE ) based on the PvP? No that can't be true ... right ?

OFC! they have it here...pvp is here and season 2 is starting really soon!

I don't care what you're going to say..like you don't care about pvp but GGG HAS pvp so it would be better to stop talking and face it. it was an afk build and i think it would still be, but not so OP like it was.

Cause you lost a single trigger afk gem doesnt mean your build is dead...lol
Beta Member Since 2010
Last edited by Kalidor on Feb 3, 2015, 5:42:04 AM
"
Kalidor wrote:
"
KorgothBG wrote:

OFC! they have it here...pvp is here and season 2 is starting really soon!

I don't care what you're going to say..like you don't care about pvp but GGG HAS pvp so it would be better to stop talking and face it. it was an afk build and i think it would still be, but not so OP like it was.

Cause you lost a single trigger afk gem doesn't mean your build is dead...lol

Why so defensive ?
Anyway as i said a couple of posts before vengeance is not really useful in PvE if you are using facebreakers ... that doesn't mean that PvP balance changes should affect PvE gameplay ... that's just not the right way to go in my opinion ...
Sure Path of exile has PvP but it's main focus is PvE ( as in every hack'n'slash aRPG game ).
Now it's something relatively harmless ... but what will the next PvP balance do to PvE i wonder ?

Oh and it's interesting how you describe the facebreaker builds as "afk builds" do they not use attacks? Or buffs ? Or utility skills ? Maybe they just walk around and things die ?
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 3, 2015, 5:49:27 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Why so defensive ?
Anyway as i said a couple of posts before vengeance is not really useful in PvE if you are using facebreakers ... that doesn't mean that PvP balance changes should affect PvE gameplay ... that's just not the right way to go in my opinion ...
Sure Path of exile has PvP but it's main focus is PvE ( as in every hack'n'slash aRPG game ).
Now it's something relatively harmless ... but what will the next PvP balance do to PvE i wonder ?

Oh and it's interesting how you describe the facebreaker builds as "afk builds" do they not use attacks? Or buffs ? Or utility skills ? Maybe they just walk around and things die ?

i'm saying those things cause most ppl don't play pvp and this is happening when u see those changes that affect the "PvE Build"

did they destroyed your build by removing the afk-auto-trigger gem?

did they change your playstyle on your fb?

did you lost time-clearing high end maps by not having that autogem?

please..at the time PvP is here and co-exists with PvE, even if you don't care at all for LLD-PvP, balances would be made thoughout the game.
Beta Member Since 2010

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info