Mechanics thread

Maybe I'm blind or in the wronf thread but, why do auras or passive spells always reset everytime I enter a new area. It would be way better if I didn't have to wait 10 sec for my mana to go up again before starting each new area. I understand it works like this for towns, but it shouldn't work like this when questing or simply walking from an area to another.

Thanks
this will change in the near future to keep it up on instance transitions, same for minions. (dont know if you have to cast your auras again then after town visits, we'll have to see...)

for your mana problem: deactivate the auras before you leave the one instance, so that your mana can recharge a bit until you put it on again after the portal.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
check if attack will hit
if true, check if crit.

is it like that, devs?
That's the old version.

Now, after determining if it would crit from the attacker's crit chance, it checks evasion again, and on a miss the hit avoids becoming a crit.

So does failing the 2nd hit check convert the crit to a normal hit or a miss?

I'm assuming monsters DO also get the benefit of this extra evasion, and character screen dps just hasn't been updated for the new formula?
Last edited by RabidRabbit on Aug 8, 2012, 11:00:15 AM
"
RabidRabbit wrote:
Does the 2nd chance to evade critical strikes apply to monsters?

If so, the character screen dps hasn't been updated to account for it.

As an example, this is roughly what my wand witch has:

100 average damage per hit, 1 attack per second
80% chance to hit
60% to crit for 400% damage

Displayed dps is .8*.6*400 + .8*(1-.6)*100 = 224
Actual dps is .8*.6*.8*400 + .8*(1-.6)*100 = 185.6

Actual dps should be:

.8 * [ .8 * .6 * 400 + .2 * .6 * 100 + (1 - .6) * 100 ] = 195.2

You still hit when you miss the crit, you just deal the normal damage instead.
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
questions about being in a party:

"
Parties

The maximum party size is 6 players.

Effect on monsters
Monsters gain 50% extra life for each additional party member after the first. For example, against a party of 3 players, monsters have double life.
The original life amount is used for the purposes of determining the length of stuns and status ailments from elemental damage - this means monsters will not be harder to stun/ignite/etc. when fighting in a party.

Effect on loot
Each player in a party after the first gives the equivalent of +50% item quantity modifier on drops. So a party of three will see twice as many drops as a lone character.
Increased Item Rarity & Quantity modifiers are only counted from the player who lands the killing blow.

Effect on experience
For a description on how experience is shared between players, see the level scaling section above. Only party members actually in the instance count toward getting XP. If one member is in town he gets no XP.
Experience is only shared with other players who are near you (roughly two screens). Monsters are still made harder by players elsewhere on the level.
Being in an are with a party member grants you a 30% experience bonus.
Monsters give +50% base XP for every party member after the first.

Effect on flasks
Only the character landing the killing blow on an enemy will gain flask charges. The same is true for all +life and +mana gained "when you deal a killing blow" modifiers.

Flasks have a +75% charge recovery bonus for each party member after the first.

so if my party members are slackers and stay in town, the mobs i'll be fighting are going to be much harder to kill but will the mobs experience and drops still be affected?

will loot drop that is reserved for them while they are in town?

a 30% experience bonus is applied for being near each other in a party, is that in addition to the 50% experience per party member?
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
"
demivion wrote:
so if my party members are slackers and stay in town, the mobs i'll be fighting are going to be much harder to kill but will the mobs experience and drops still be affected?

a 30% experience bonus is applied for being near each other in a party, is that in addition to the 50% experience per party member?

Not sure if this would work, but believe me. You won't survive long on your own if you're with 6 party members and you're the only one fighting.
they definitely do not get any items reserved at least =p
"
Spectruma wrote:
"
demivion wrote:

Not sure if this would work, but believe me. You won't survive long on your own if you're with 6 party members and you're the only one fighting.

Mobs only get affected by players in the instance I believe (loot shares the same rule as well).

edit: not sure when would the increase in monster difficulty take place, can a mod clarify?
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
Last edited by wxyjac on Aug 8, 2012, 11:28:46 PM
question about critical hits. Does the monster freeze on a critical hit even though you only have lets say 1-3 added cold damage in your weapon? same goes for lightning crit hits. (fire is ok cause its based on fire damage done).
"
bibster1 wrote:
question about critical hits. Does the monster freeze on a critical hit even though you only have lets say 1-3 added cold damage in your weapon? same goes for lightning crit hits. (fire is ok cause its based on fire damage done).

Here's how I understand it.

Freeze duration is based on the amount of damage done. The more you do the longer the freeze.

There is a minimum length of Freeze though, I believe it's something like 325ms? 350ms? Same as stun I think.

If you crit with Cold Damage but the damage is so low that the target would be Frozen for less than that minimum length of time, then it's not Frozen.

There is the formula out there somewhere.

Hopefully I'm not misremembering something I read and jumbling things up here :)
|____________ G . L . O . W . Y . R . M ____________|
< My PoE career highlight, Being beat by Throzz, hehe >
||||||\\\\\~ http://tinyurl.com/2ndPlaceToThrozz ~/////||||||

Last edited by Glowyrm on Aug 9, 2012, 9:55:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info