Mechanics thread

duplicated post.... delete.
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
Last edited by wxyjac on Aug 6, 2012, 3:08:18 PM
the passives specific to auras will work on the % auras and the fixed amount auras. then the support gem is a multiplier, that's how it works on aura gems.

the math was on the support gem's page: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/13808/page/2#p515543
lol theres so much to do in this game
i play mmorpgs, i has no home in them right now since i quit maplestory. i just bounce around games for now and wait for the big mmo to bring in the community. stay sane exile in the lake of the great depression.

check out my utube, MckaiserDragon.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Glowyrm wrote:
2) Does it queue / add time? Meaning I will recover 200 life over 12 seconds?
This one. At any point when you've activated multiple different flasks (or the same flask twice), only the fastest-recovery one is active, and the rest are 'queued up. When it runs out, the second-fastest recovery one takes over and does it's recovery. You always get the full recovery time from each of your flasks, until you reach maximum life (at which point all flask recovery buffs are dismissed).

Awesome, thanks for the information!

Just to clarify a little bit more, the effects of the flasks are also queuing up then right?

From some short testing though, it seems like I'm getting the effect of the queued flask right away (though not the recovery, hard to tell).

For instance, I have a flask that recovers a lot of health over 3 seconds and then a 2nd flask that recovers a tiny bit of health over 6.5 seconds BUT gives me 30% Resists for the recovery duration.

Just now while at 20% health, I used the 1st flask and then immediately used the 2nd flask. I gained the 30% Resists right away, even though according to how the queue mechanic was explained I shouldn't have received the effect for the ~3 seconds the first flask was recovering.

It's scary testing this stuff on Hardcore, lol.
|____________ G . L . O . W . Y . R . M ____________|
< My PoE career highlight, Being beat by Throzz, hehe >
||||||\\\\\~ http://tinyurl.com/2ndPlaceToThrozz ~/////||||||

Last edited by Glowyrm on Aug 6, 2012, 3:54:09 PM
Does Weapon Elemental Damage passive apply to increased element damage support gems when attached to a melee skill?
"
Whoaness wrote:
Does Weapon Elemental Damage passive apply to increased element damage support gems when attached to a melee skill?

Yup. Passives are additive, support gem is multiplicative.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
"
Zakaluka wrote:
"
Whoaness wrote:

Yup. Passives are additive, support gem is multiplicative.

Cool. Just to be sure that I was clear.

Let's say I used Added Fire Damage to Heavy Strike. Let's say it adds 30-50 damage. The 30% increased fire damage with weapons will increase it by 39-65?

I think Auras add elemental property to any weapon, so I think that part is straightforward. Just not sure about the description because it says increase damage with weapon rather than saying skill.
Last edited by Whoaness on Aug 6, 2012, 6:18:34 PM
"
Whoaness wrote:

Let's say I used Added Fire Damage to Heavy Strike. Let's say it adds 30-50 damage. The 30% increased fire damage with weapons will increase it by 39-65?

This should work as you describe, but your example (added fire dmg + weapon elemental, with heavy strike) probably isn't an efficient choice for DPS. Weapon elemental is only efficient for DPS if that 70% additional manacost is actually giving you 70% more damage. Or if you have mana to burn - in which case a good combo of efficient supports will still do better.

I started going through the math here, but forget that. Here's what you do: Note your DPS before adding supports. Put in those two support gems, note new DPS.

If New/Old gets anywhere near 1.3*1.7 (cost multiplier for that combo), this choice was efficient.

Now, swap weapon elemental damage for melee physical damage supports. You should find that New DPS/Original DPS in this case gets much closer to 1.3*1.4 (again, this is cost multiplier for that combo).

It depends on what weapon you're using, but it usually won't be worth supporting added fire dmg with weapon elemental dmg, unless elemental is already a huge portion of your damage. ex: ele conversion (LS/GH) templar, dw duelist with Hatred + Ice Bite + added Ice over weapons with fast base atk speed. Lava lash heavy strike mara probably won't fit into that category.

Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Aug 6, 2012, 7:33:57 PM
"
Glowyrm wrote:
For instance, I have a flask that recovers a lot of health over 3 seconds and then a 2nd flask that recovers a tiny bit of health over 6.5 seconds BUT gives me 30% Resists for the recovery duration.

Just now while at 20% health, I used the 1st flask and then immediately used the 2nd flask. I gained the 30% Resists right away, even though according to how the queue mechanic was explained I shouldn't have received the effect for the ~3 seconds the first flask was recovering.
This is correct - while queued, you're considered to be getting recovery from that flask. This prevents the case where you use, say, your resistance flask first, then use a second, faster flask, and lose the resistance because the new one caused the old one to be pushed onto a queue.
You guys should rename this thread. I had no idea about this thread and I've seen "mechanics thread" for the past 8 months and never bothered to check it. I've been looking for a "All things PoE" type thread and this is perfect.

The only reason I clicked it this time was because I saw Mark posted last and I tend to check threads that have Dev posts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info