Mechanics thread

"
Whoaness wrote:

And ummm is Blood Magic considered damage? I think my Energy Shield isn't regening when I'm using skills with blood magic.

When you loose life, no matters the source, the energy shield delay is reinitialized.
Does anyone know when does mana regeneration bonus come into play? After fixed mana regeneration bonuses like clarity?
How does base mana regeneration work (without any passives and item bonuses to regeneratio)? I know larger your mana pool bigger the regeneration but what are exact numbers?

Last edited by Torin on Aug 6, 2012, 8:38:59 AM
"
Torin wrote:
Does anything know when does mana regeneration bonus come into play? After fixed mana regeneration bonuses like clarity?
How does base mana regeneration work (without any passives and item bonuses to regeneratio)? I know larger your mana pool bigger the regeneration but what are exact numbers?

The open post says :

"
Malice wrote:
Life and mana regeneration
All classes have a base mana regeneration rate of 105% of their maximum mana per minute. For example, a character with 100 maximum mana will regenerate 105 mana per minute, or 1.75 mana per second.
"Increased Mana regeneration rate" modifiers modify the base rate. For example, 20% Increased Mana regeneration rate would result in 105 * 1.2 = 126% per minute.

When Clarity and %increased mana regeneration are used, the whole formula is :

Mana regeneration per second = [ mana max * 1,05 / 60 + flat mana regeneration per second (Clarity bonus) ] * ( 1 + %increased mana regeneration)
Last edited by Kissan on Aug 6, 2012, 8:23:33 AM
Tnx a lot for that answer. I was wondering if I should get more mana regen passives or more max mana and now I know mana regen passives are more useful when using Clarity as I am.

i know item quantity or rarity need to be connected to a attack gem to work on a monster kill.

do they work when connected to a aura as well?
if so, does the aura need to be active for IQ and IR to be activated?
how is opening chests being affected by both gems?

--------------------

can somebody explain how the skill assignment to buttons work with the new weapon switch feature in place?
i never used weapon swithing, because it's slow but found it useful for putting in a unused 6 socket weapon for leveling up gems or placing some aura gems in it.

didn't get behind the switching mechanic though.
some auras set when the second weapon is active are staying displayed when a weapon swap occurs, others switch to the setting made with the primary weapon before.
did somebody figure this out yet?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
If you swap weapon, the skills from your original weapon/shield disappear (because you're not wearing it anymore, therefore can't cast the skill gem on it) Everything else, like skills from helm, gloves, chest, or boots, stays on the skill hot key.

I use
Unavailable

for the additional str (just enough to cast reduced mana cost) when linking with aura. Portal is set there as well as I don't need to choose from the skill hotkey anymore.
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
deleted.
Last edited by wxyjac on Aug 6, 2012, 11:00:08 AM
"
wxyjac wrote:
If you swap weapon, the skills from your original weapon/shield disappear (because you're not wearing it anymore, therefore can't cast the skill gem on it) Everything else, like skills from helm, gloves, chest, or boots, stays on the skill hot key.

I use
Unavailable

for the additional str (just enough to cast reduced mana cost) when linking with aura. Portal is set there as well as I don't need to choose from the skill hotkey anymore.

Does reduced mana cost work with auras? I though new passives only work with auras?!

Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
yes, the gem works with aura.
delete.

sorry about this.... my mouse keep doing double/triple click when I only clicked once..
Last edited by wxyjac on Aug 6, 2012, 3:09:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info