Mechanics thread

"
Spectruma wrote:

That's something that I haven't even thought of, very interesting.

But I believe that there are more differentiations inside the mods of the names than you wrote down in your example.

What I have seen so far is that:

Evasion rating (DEX-based), Evasion rating and ES (Hybrid of DEX and INT), evasion rating and armour (Hybrid of DEX and STR),...

That those are also variables of the rare equipments that you find. Same goes for flat bonuses to DEX ( DEX-based), STR (STR-based) and INT (INT-based).

Yes the variability is more important, but on an pure evasion body, you can't have armour or energy shield mods. That reduce the variability.

By the way, i just found this ES body :
Unavailable

You didn't predict the %fire resist ;) Your work isn't done.

It could be also possible that the rare name of the item influence on only two mods (beast = %defence rating and veil = stats for exemple)
Last edited by Kissan on Aug 5, 2012, 8:18:50 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Kissan wrote:
Yes the variability is more important, but on an pure evasion body, you can't have armour or energy shield mods. That reduce the variability.

By the way, i just found this ES body :
Unavailable

You didn't predict the %fire resist ;) Your work isn't done.

It could be also possible that the rare name of the item influence on only two mods (beast = %defence rating and veil = stats for exemple)

Yes, my work is far from done. It seems like the fire resistance is a stat from 'Veil' as it already has lightning resistance. But the problem with the item is that it only has 4 mods, so now I can only guess which mod is the variable for the fire resistance.

Btw, are you sure Regal Orbs keep the properties of the magic items? Perhaps you could test it out, I'll take a look at it myself as well.

Here are some more names that I found to test with:

Spoiler

Stone

- x life regenerated per minute / x% increased armour
- +x% lightning res / +x% fire resistance
- Reflects x physical damage to melee attackers

League (boots)

- +x to maximum life / x life regenerated per minute
- +x% fire resistance
- x% increased movement speed

Spar (shield)

- +x% to all elemental resistances
- x% increased rarity of items found
- x% increased block and stun recovery

Demon

- +x to max life
- x life regenerated per minute
- +x% cold resistance
Last edited by Spectruma on Aug 5, 2012, 9:54:52 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Spectruma wrote:

Btw, are you sure Regal Orbs keep the properties of the magic items? Perhaps you could test it out, I'll take a look at it myself as well.

The description of the orb :

"
Upgrades a magic item to a rare item. Right click this item then left click a magic item to apply it. Current properties are retained and a new one is added.

I tested it too, and it worked like announced.
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
Whoops, misunderstood your last question, sorry. Yes, it's off of the total even if part of your life is reserved. The same goes for mana.

Sweet, thanks.

I got a couple more questions.

Does int affect mana shield given from auras?

And how does Iron Reflexes calculate with other armor passives? Does evasion convert first, then the total armor gets increased by %? or the other way around.
"
Whoaness wrote:

Sweet, thanks.

Yes, Discipline add a base Energy Shield. So your intelligence, +% Energy shield Passives, Chaos Innoculation... will increase the final value.

"
Whoaness wrote:

And how does Iron Reflexes calculate with other armor passives? Does evasion convert first, then the total armor gets increased by %? or the other way around.

With Iron Reflexes your armour is calculated like this :

final armour = base armour * ( 1 +%increased armour ) + base evasion * ( 1 + %increased armour + %increased evasion )
Last edited by Kissan on Aug 5, 2012, 7:09:24 PM
Awesome index of info, thanks for keeping us informed!
"
Kissan wrote:
"
Whoaness wrote:

Sweet, thanks.

Yes, Discipline add a base Energy Shield. So your intelligence, +% Energy shield Passives, Chaos Innoculation... will increase the final value.

"
Whoaness wrote:

With Iron Reflexes your armour is calculated like this :

final armour = base armour * ( 1 +%increased armour ) + base evasion * ( 1 + %increased armour + %increased evasion )

Whoa at Iron Reflex. Thanks.

And ummm is Blood Magic considered damage? I think my Energy Shield isn't regening when I'm using skills with blood magic.
"
Whoaness wrote:

Whoa at Iron Reflex. Thanks.

Beware diminishing returns.

When you skill into IR, look first at your DR/%eva. As soon as you put on IR, note your new DR/%eva. Despite these stacking bonuses you might be amazed at how little additional DR you get in exchange for all your %eva.

Think it over carefully.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Aug 5, 2012, 11:13:04 PM
Question about "Flask Regeneration"

Let's say I have a flask that has 100 life recovery over 6 seconds.

If I spam my flask 2 times in a row, what happens?

1) Do they stack / overlap? Will I recover 200 life over 6 seconds?

2) Does it queue / add time? Meaning I will recover 200 life over 12 seconds? Another example: if I hit the flask a 2nd time with 2 seconds of recovery left on the first use, it will add another 6 seconds and recover for 8 total?

3) Is the 2nd use wasted? Meaning that if I pop a flask, during the next 6 seconds of recovery time, hitting that flask again is wasted and nothing happens until the recovery time of the initial use finishes

3a) If it's #3, what about DIFFERENT flasks? If I use Flask #1 and Flask #2, will the uses then work like scenario #1 or #2?
|____________ G . L . O . W . Y . R . M ____________|
< My PoE career highlight, Being beat by Throzz, hehe >
||||||\\\\\~ http://tinyurl.com/2ndPlaceToThrozz ~/////||||||

Last edited by Glowyrm on Aug 6, 2012, 1:11:38 AM
"
Glowyrm wrote:
[/b][/u]2) Does it queue / add time? Meaning I will recover 200 life over 12 seconds?
This one. At any point when you've activated multiple different flasks (or the same flask twice), only the fastest-recovery one is active, and the rest are 'queued up. When it runs out, the second-fastest recovery one takes over and does it's recovery. You always get the full recovery time from each of your flasks, until you reach maximum life (at which point all flask recovery buffs are dismissed).
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 6, 2012, 1:32:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info