Mechanics thread

"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:

From my experience, most prefixes and suffixes are limited to only certain types of items. For example, I believe Increased Spell Damage is only available on Amulets, Wands, Staves, Daggers, and Int-aligned shields.

However, I don't know of any place that has a good list of which mods can spawn on what, and it would be a great resource to have.

If you mean on magic items, they're just here on the website.

If you mean on rare items, I'm working on it myself to figure out what they exactly give. But it's hard to find all of the possibilities that those rares can give, because it differs when it's a strength, dexterity or intelligence based equipment.

I found this already:

Every part of the name gives their own specific stats for each mod the item can have. An item can have a maximum of 6 mods.

So the first part of the name gives 3 mods and the second part of the name gives the other 3 mods (that's what I'm assuming, because it seems logical, no way to confirm this though).

Here are a couple of examples I found out;

Beast

- x% increased evasion rating / +x to evasion rating / x% increased evasion rating and Energy shield
- x life regenrated per minute / +x to maximum life / +x to maximum mana
- +x% lightning resistance

Veil

- +x strength / +x dexterity / +x evasion rating
- +x intelligence / x% increased armour
- x% increased block and stun recovery / x% increased rarity of items found

Beast Veil

- x% increased evasion rating / +x to evasion rating
- x life regenrated per minute / +x to maximum life / +x to maximum mana
- +x% lightning resistance
- +x strength / +x dexterity / +x evasion rating
- +x intelligence
- x% increased block and stun recovery / x% increased rarity of items found

(Real item from in-game):

Beast Veil
- +21 dexterity
- +20 intel
- 32% increased evasion and ES
- +23 max mana
- +13% lightning res
- 11% increased block and stun recovery

How did I find this?

Spoiler
I found this through comparing items to one another that has the max number of mods (otherwise it's way too chaotic to find it out)

Beast parapet
- +13 to evasion rating
- 63% increased evasion rating
- 58 life regenerated per minute
- 26% cold res
- 10% lightning res
- Reflects 42 physical damage

Beast Veil
- +21 dex
- +20 intel
- 32% increased evasion and ES
- +23 max mana
- +13% lightning res
- 11% increased block and stun recovery

Stone veil
- +27 strength
- 62% increased armour
- 183 life regenerated per minute
- +9% lightning res
- 8% increased block and stun recovery
- Reflects 16 physical damage to melee attackers

Through this method I found 4 names of rare items. Beast and Veil are above.

Here are the other two:

Stone

- x life regenerated per minute / x% increased armour
- +x% lightning res / +x% fire resistance
- Reflects x physical damage to melee attackers

parapet
- +x to evasion rating / x% increased evasion rating
- +x% cold resistance / +x% lightning resistance / +x% fire resistance
- Reflects x physical damage / x% increased stun and block recovery

So, an item with the name 'Stone parapet' will have these 6 mods (if it has all 6 of them), life regenerated per minute or armour, 2 increased resistances, reflect melee damage and increased block and stun recovery.

NOTE: There are so many possibilities that you guys will probably find these names with completely other stats. That's because it differs if it's strength, dexterity, intelligence-based or a hybrid equipment.

This only applies to BODY equipment, because those stats differ from eachother as well.

EXAMPLE:

Shield

Demon Veil

- 41% increased critical strike chance for spells
- +21 to max mana
- 32% increased mana regen rate
- 8% increased ES
- +5 to max ES
- +3% to all ele res
- 7% increased block and stun recovery

Body

Demon Veil
- +10 to evasion rating
- 42% increased armour and evasion
- +37 to max life
- 157 life regen per minute
- +20% to cold res
- 18% increased rarity of items found

Both 'Demon Veil' with max number of mods, the one is a shield, the other is a bodyequipment. Almost no stats are the same or even comparable with eachother.

That's why it will be very hard and time-taking to find it what they exactly give.
Do increased elemental support gem and elemental damage auras stack?
"
Whoaness wrote:

Weapon Elemental damage support does increase the damage added by elemental auras for linked skills, if that's what you mean.
"
Whoaness wrote:

The way I understand it, elemental damage auras supply a buff that increases your base elemental weapon damage, which is then modified by everything that modifies elemental weapon damage, including the Increased Elemental Weapon Damage support gem. So, the short answer would be yes, I think so. It should show up in your character sheet when you are affected by the aura.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
the support has to go on something else to boost the aura's boost.

aura boosts your attack then so does the support. the support doesn't link to the aura.
Thanks, one more thing.

% of hp life regen is based off the total HP?

Does it remain the same even if it's reserved?
Whoops, misunderstood your last question, sorry. Yes, it's off of the total even if part of your life is reserved. The same goes for mana.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
"
Glowyrm wrote:
My question pertains to item mechanics.

So can certain mods spawn only on certain item types, besides ones that seem obvious (only block can spawn on shields of course, but maybe there's a block increase on other items, I don't know).

I'm assuming that not every mod can appear on every item type (like can you get run speed on gloves? that kind of thing). Is every prefix and suffix (for the most part) fair game for every item slot?

From my experience, most prefixes and suffixes are limited to only certain types of items. For example, I believe Increased Spell Damage is only available on Amulets, Wands, Staves, Daggers, and Int-aligned shields.

However, I don't know of any place that has a good list of which mods can spawn on what, and it would be a great resource to have.

Makes sense I guess.

And yes, that would be a great resource. I'm assuming item level comes into play as well.

Well I checked the website and it shows item levels for each affix, so the community just needs to catalog what item slots can roll what affixes and make a wiki page for it.

|____________ G . L . O . W . Y . R . M ____________|
< My PoE career highlight, Being beat by Throzz, hehe >
||||||\\\\\~ http://tinyurl.com/2ndPlaceToThrozz ~/////||||||

"
Spectruma wrote:

Beast

- x% increased evasion rating (P) / +x to evasion rating (P) / x% increased evasion rating and Energy shield (P)
- x life regenrated per minute (S) / +x to maximum life (P) / +x to maximum mana (P)
- +x% lightning resistance (S)

Veil

- +x strength (S) / +x dexterity (S) / +x evasion rating (P)
- +x intelligence (S) / x% increased armour (P)
- x% increased block and stun recovery (S) / x% increased rarity of items found (S)

I don't quote the whole post, but your idea is really interesting. I just add if the mod is a prefixe (P) or a suffixe (S)
If it really works like you say, we will be able to exploit the regal orbs.

Let's take your Beast Veil exmple :

1) roll a blue body with :
- evasion Rating (to get veil)
- life regenerated per minute (to get beast)
2) roll a regal orb :
- if the name become beast veil then exalte it
- else reroll a new blue.

If this blue become a beast veil you will have :
- evasion rating (veil)
- life regenerated per minute (beast)
- x% lightning resist (beast)
- % increased evasion rating (beast)
- intelligence (veil)
- x% increased block and stun recovery (S) / x% increased rarity of items found (S) (veil)

There is only one random mod for this item finally so you know before using your exalted orbs on it what the result would be.
Last edited by Kissan on Aug 5, 2012, 4:47:38 AM
"
Kissan wrote:
"
Spectruma wrote:

Beast

- x% increased evasion rating (P) / +x to evasion rating (P) / x% increased evasion rating and Energy shield (P)
- x life regenrated per minute (S) / +x to maximum life (P) / +x to maximum mana (P)
- +x% lightning resistance (S)

Veil

- +x strength (S) / +x dexterity (S) / +x evasion rating (P)
- +x intelligence (S) / x% increased armour (P)
- x% increased block and stun recovery (S) / x% increased rarity of items found (S)

I don't quote the whole post, but your idea is really interesting. I just add if the mod is a prefixe (P) or a suffixe (S)
If it really works like you say, we will be able to exploit the regal orbs.

Let's take your Beast Veil exmple :

1) roll a blue body with :
- evasion Rating (to get veil)
- life regenerated per minute (to get beast)
2) roll a regal orb :
- if the name become beast veil then exalte it
- else reroll a new blue.

If this blue become a beast veil you will have :
- evasion rating (veil)
- life regenerated per minute (beast)
- x% lightning resist (beast)
- % increased evasion rating (beast)
- intelligence (veil)
- x% increased block and stun recovery (S) / x% increased rarity of items found (S) (veil)

There is only one random mod for this item finally so you know before using your exalted orbs on it what the result would be.

That's something that I haven't even thought of, very interesting.

But I believe that there are more differentiations inside the mods of the names than you wrote down in your example.

What I have seen so far is that:

Evasion rating (DEX-based), Evasion rating and ES (Hybrid of DEX and INT), evasion rating and armour (Hybrid of DEX and STR),...

That those are also variables of the rare equipments that you find. Same goes for flat bonuses to DEX ( DEX-based), STR (STR-based) and INT (INT-based).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info