Mechanics thread

"
Glowyrm wrote:

1) Is it exclusive with crits? Meaning that I have a 5% chance to crit and proc freeze and a 25% chance on regular hits to proc freeze. This way means it doesn't actually interact with crit chance at all.

This.
Unavailable

This is actually discussed a while back (in this thread I believe).

Cold snap has 25% additional chance to freeze at level 1; 4% critical chance, and if you take the node, 5% additional freeze chance.

What this does is, instantly make your cold snap 30% chance to freeze as long as the spell hits.

With critical into consideration, 4% total chance to crit.

You have 4% + (1 - 4%) * 30% = 32.8% total chance to freeze. 4% to crit means 4% of definitely freezing; and (1 - 4%) is the time where you didn't crit, and has to rely on the 30% freeze chance.
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I ran into a problem tonight. I've been speccing a shadow for fire damage, and I hit the fire passives in the witch tree tonight. They only seem to affect the initial dmg of fire trap. The AoE portion displays the same damage as before. Is that intended? Since fire damage doesn't affect that portion of fire trap, I have to ask: will passives that improve aoe radius and damage affect it?

I'm also wondering if fire passives will affect the fire damage portion of corpse explosion. They didn't change the tooltip, but it does say "base fire damage of 18% corpse health."

TIA
My question pertains to item mechanics.

So can certain mods spawn only on certain item types, besides ones that seem obvious (only block can spawn on shields of course, but maybe there's a block increase on other items, I don't know).

I'm assuming that not every mod can appear on every item type (like can you get run speed on gloves? that kind of thing). Is every prefix and suffix (for the most part) fair game for every item slot?
|____________ G . L . O . W . Y . R . M ____________|
< My PoE career highlight, Being beat by Throzz, hehe >
||||||\\\\\~ http://tinyurl.com/2ndPlaceToThrozz ~/////||||||

Last edited by Glowyrm on Aug 4, 2012, 1:40:12 AM
"
Dryhumper wrote:
I ran into a problem tonight. I've been speccing a shadow for fire damage, and I hit the fire passives in the witch tree tonight. They only seem to affect the initial dmg of fire trap. The AoE portion displays the same damage as before. Is that intended? Since fire damage doesn't affect that portion of fire trap, I have to ask: will passives that improve aoe radius and damage affect it?

I'm also wondering if fire passives will affect the fire damage portion of corpse explosion. They didn't change the tooltip, but it does say "base fire damage of 18% corpse health."

TIA

In the Fire Trap skill thread Mark said that Fire Trap had been fixed to work with area-based supports in 0.9.11. I would assume that all AoE modifiers will work if the supports will.

Burning damage passives will increase the DoT portion of the skill, but they don't show up properly on the tooltip, I believe.

Fire damage passives and mods do affect the fire damage component of corpse explosion, but spell damage does not. I'm honestly not certain if area-based modifiers do or not.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
Mechanics in PoE in my opinion are top of the line. I don't know about anyone else but I really enjoyed the kiting adds and the abilities the monsters use. I cant wait until release or until i get into beta :)
"
Glowyrm wrote:
My question pertains to item mechanics.

So can certain mods spawn only on certain item types, besides ones that seem obvious (only block can spawn on shields of course, but maybe there's a block increase on other items, I don't know).

I'm assuming that not every mod can appear on every item type (like can you get run speed on gloves? that kind of thing). Is every prefix and suffix (for the most part) fair game for every item slot?

From my experience, most prefixes and suffixes are limited to only certain types of items. For example, I believe Increased Spell Damage is only available on Amulets, Wands, Staves, Daggers, and Int-aligned shields.

However, I don't know of any place that has a good list of which mods can spawn on what, and it would be a great resource to have.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
I have a small question, do the passive mods "One Handed XXX" work with 2 one hand weapons (while dual wielding) ? And if yes, will both weapons get the boost or only the main hand.
"
Seth7 wrote:
I have a small question, do the passive mods "One Handed XXX" work with 2 one hand weapons (while dual wielding) ? And if yes, will both weapons get the boost or only the main hand.

Yes, each weapon gain the bonus, and if you have dual wielding XXX it will add to the two weapons too.
nm got it
Last edited by Dryhumper on Aug 4, 2012, 7:18:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info