[1.3.0] Too Many Clones! -- PvE Templar Archer Summoner

Maloney's is a good quiver for the build, and corrupting for +1 arrow is a really great idea on any quiver. I need to try to do that this league since freeing up LMP is extremely powerful.

If I were to free up a slot, I'd probably go Minion Damage. Failing that, WED. Failing that (way down the list), PPAD or Faster Attacks. Added cold/light/chaos is quite low on the list imo.
Last edited by pneuma on Dec 28, 2014, 11:37:38 PM
'llo everyone!

I'm lvl 41 so far, and this build rocks! :D

But i'm also a huge fan of totem builds... so how about sth like this?
Losing ~20%hp & a few minion nodes to get dual totem & totem boosts:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBA-4Esw18D6sQzBZvFr8XLxmKGjgajx0UHaodviSqJpUnLyj6Kpgy0TOHNZI26TpYOuE8LUGHQ8hFR0WdRitGcUjnS1dN406bTwRTNVNSVcZV1lfJWOVZbVorWpFboF5dX5hh4mTnZp5o8mqsbqpvnnsgfA58S4CkgseDCYPbiECPRpAzkFWWdJrgm6GbtaIAo_KmV6aspwinVaeUqH2smLQMtfK3PriTwBrAZsDjwxPDOsauykrPMtH90_vYvdkL2eDa3eGI42rquuvu8B_xs_JF9tr31_iT-ej6gPrS-wn-Cv6H_o8=

So "far" (remember, lvl 41) I'm using Ranged Attack Totem with Ice Arrow/LMP/Chain to get tonz of CC... any better idea? I tried Lightning Arrow & Poison Arrow, but damages are meh ^^...I'll try Elemental Hit i guess.

The hardest thing here is to find sockets for everything, that's why I'm "forced" to use Deerstalker w/ Mirror + Blink + Multitrap + Minion Damage -> no, I'm not using LMP. No real need for AoE w/ ice arrow totem!

I'll continue to follow guide (more or less) until i grab all reserve nodes, then I'll go for dual ranged attack totems.

About sockets (again), I'll probably drop CWDT. No real need for this since totems, blink & mirror minions, zombies (& vaal summon skeleton!) are enough decoy, even if cwdt+projectile weakness+convocation+flesh offering is a serious boost when i'm hit.

Any thoughts?

edit: abt quivers: Asphyxia's Wrath, awesome so far. & cheap :P
edit²: since totems are not affected by auras when using generosity, ice arrow totem could also be used for EE proc...?
---
PS: again, awesome guide/build! ^^
Last edited by PapySmoker on Jan 2, 2015, 9:32:51 AM
I'm not sure how dipping into totems would work out.

It wouldn't change much about the build -- you'd still have lots of presence in the map with lots of targets to draw aggro and spam out damage. Later on, I find I have enough time to throw 2 sets of traps, curse a boss, Flesh Offering (maybe Convocation to reposition), then move on. I'm not sure there's enough time to also spawn in two totems.

Also, as you pointed out, Generosity Auras would hurt totem damage significantly. I think it may end up being a lot of extra work for unappreciable or negative damage gain, sadly. That being said, don't let me try to stop you from trying out something new! Blink/Mirror summoning is very much in its nascent phase.

---

Regarding sockets, the number one thing I'm trying to do right now is minimize my linkages in order to free up space for a CwDT+EC+IC+ID setup. Running without it is starting to become seriously damaging to my health.

I'll have the space if I don't run a third aura (namely Hatred), but I also feel that getting into that is going to be really important to clear speed.
'llo!
Lvl 47 so far, still getting reserve nodes...

I also took EE: huge damage boost. When I throw 2 trap sets, I have enough time to spawn 1 totem & I think I could throw a 2nd before minions actually start attacking. And I don't have any totem nodes yet °°;

Definitely worth trying. Based on the skill tree I posted above, I'll need at least 7 more points to keep EE & get totem casting speed nodes (Totemic Zeal and Totem placement speed in Ancestral Bond area). Not sure if I should lower health more, that would be abt -35% health. & I dunno what other points i could remove "safely".

Btw, totems damages are not the main point. They are just here to proc EE in a "full summoner" fashion. I could just forget those & throw some Ice Arrows myself! (Me, lazy? Nah...)

*facepalm*

I just realised i could remove some totem damages nodes to get those totem casting speed. *WIP*

edit: also removed north life nodes (6 points) & moved them to life + ES (NE of scion) + 1 point in life above Blood Siphon in Shadow area http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBA-4EswagDXwPqxZvFr8XLxmKGjgajx0UHaodviSqJpUnLyj6KhMqmDLRM4c1kjbpOuE8LT8nQYdDyEVHRZ1GcUjnSbFKyEtXTeNOm08EUzVTUlVLVdZXyVjlWW1aK1qRW6BfmGHiZIRk52aeaPJqrG6qb558DnxLgKSCx4MJiECPRpAzkFWTJ5Z0mK2a4Ju1ogCj8qZXpqynCKdVp5SofbQMtfK3PriTwBrAZsDjwzrGrspKzzLR_dP718_YvdkL2eDa3eGI42rquuvu74jwH_Gz8kX22vk3-b356PqA-tL7Cf4K_o8=
Last edited by PapySmoker on Jan 4, 2015, 12:29:59 PM
I really like the concept of this build :)

I take it mines would suffer from cooldown?

Also, on the trap theme, Conversion Traps could be amusing in some situations, such as when you find an enemy with an aura.
Last edited by Incompetent on Jan 7, 2015, 4:21:32 AM
I've been wondering:

How would a chin sol + point blank passive/gem and using chain compare to a pure pierce build?

I know that Drillneck does alot, however chin sol has the +100% damage already built in and if you really want to stretch it and go for a corrupted additional arrow in your (then probably rare) quiver, it could bust huge groups just a quick with alot less micromanagement

PS:

Also, if you go shadow, you can trade off a little bit of mana/life for 10% elemental penetration on your clones
Build

PPS:
Shadow also gives you many of the needed gems as quest rewards
Last edited by ragbasti on Jan 7, 2015, 5:57:12 AM
High explosives won't work, unless I'm mistaken. After the snapshot change, trap bonuses/penalties won't apply to minions summoned by traps.

That being said, Clever Construction (same cost) is extremely enticing for getting your summons out against enemies that destroy them (namely Arc mages).

---

Regarding point blank, the minions do a lot of long range sniping. Early on I thought that point blank would have been the way to go, but not only would it require the gem (the minions don't have your passives), it would only really help you for the pack you spawn into. A set of clones should last for the pack you spawn into + the next pack, if you're moving fast enough.

Keep in mind that Point Blank (the gem at least, not Chin Sol's bonus) has a detrimental effect as well. I will say it's worth testing out and will probably do better against certain mob compositions than others, but I do enjoy the sniping damage that the build can put out.

---

Regarding mines, correct, mines do not bypass the 3s cooldown so they would not be helpful. Besides, mine gameplay is just a little too slow imo (even though you would be able to theoretically herd enemies and then spawn all your clones into the perfect position).

---

Conversion Trap is super interesting given the trap throwing speed and skill duration bonuses on the tree/gear. As with most supplemental things in the build, the hardest part will be making room for it in your linkages. :P
I wanted to use this build since is fun, but at the same time I wanted to do it with witch or shadow, despite templar being the most efficient.
I checked the shadow tree posted above, does expeditious amunition bonuses affect the clones?
Also, how eenemies with aoe give too much trouble if you don't have clever construction?
Okay, too bad that won't work with the elemental penetration.
I've therefore decided to increase my maximum trap number (and damage) by picking up the passives that add additional traps.
That way I can drop both mirror and blink arrow multiple traps without any of them disappearing

Also I managed to pick up a tabula rasa and deerstalker, which will make linking the skills alot easier, since I have an easy "5 link" and 6 link already.

Here's the updated build:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAzzJZbV-YbqrKSsM6m7VTNQ-rsw4hwLDYA-4zhx2-PC3Grrc-_grYvTWStfJI549Gpwi4k-vuKPqCx_noQYf6gCqY2QuApFXWZOcXL_rSHRQaj_ba-wkZiuNqFm826SSqU1JFnZrgaqxakah90_sTbKZXTeP-jzrh8kUdquGIRnGDCW-e8h6_l8k9HNyTJ7QMSbHXz_k374hXyeq6DXzZ4Ba_qsTMvPfXm6GFYE25g9tVxjpYrJjA40tX8bNVS2HiJpVOmypTYpWycF8qdFUzeJANfyswfFFHjb8FtejWIurnOhvgt3Ue8A5IEZZ_xg==

The extra trap damage i'm going to use for a puncture+trap setup in my bow
Last edited by ragbasti on Jan 8, 2015, 1:05:02 PM
"
Sammun wrote:
I wanted to use this build since is fun, but at the same time I wanted to do it with witch or shadow, despite templar being the most efficient.
I checked the shadow tree posted above, does expeditious amunition bonuses affect the clones?
Also, how eenemies with aoe give too much trouble if you don't have clever construction?

Enemies can destroy traps if they're sitting on the ground and haven't triggered yet.
Traps are 1hp minions that can't be targeted directly, but stuff like Arc or AoE skills will still break the traps.

Expeditious Munitions helps your trap throwing speed, but otherwise doesn't help your clones.

Starting shadow or witch (or ranger or scion) instead of templar is all possible since all of those classes are "close" to the idea tree. Marauder is kinda close as well. Duelist is not close at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info