[1.3.0] Too Many Clones! -- PvE Templar Archer Summoner

Howdy pneuma! Been playing a variation of this build for quite a bit now and have been having a blast with it. I'm doing things a bit differently, but the general idea is the same. Just dropping a line to show some support for these types of builds and their variations. Its a fun, low-ish, budget build that has gotten me into maps. I feel like optimally geared this build can take you deep into end game. There are also plenty of variations that each have a chance to add something just a bit different.

Thanks for the idea.
Wonderful build idea and I'm curious to try it out myself (once I am done with Bloodlines and Torment).
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
Awesome build!

Quick question, how are the clones chance to hit/chance to crit calculated?
"
tins00 wrote:
Quick question, how are the clones chance to hit/chance to crit calculated?

Their base crit comes from the bow.

Their accuracy is unknown. Being minions, I assume they have their own base accuracy (similar to how skeletons, zombies, srs, etc. all have their own base accuracy). In any event, their accuracy is extremely good. They rarely if ever miss.
As an aside, I just realized that Bronn's Lithe is a pretty decent chest for the build.

Blink Arrow (not Mirror Arrow) is a movement skill and could benefit fairly well from the +2 levels. It'd gain 12% increased minion damage, 6% minion life, and its base life would jump up substantially.

Aside from that, the attack speed is "okay", the movement speed is amazing, and the evasion is "okay". Doesn't seem strictly better than a good rolled rare (+life and resists, namely), but hey, if you have one it's not bad.
Just had a weird idea, not sure if you tested it yet:

Since the minions are using your bow, what if you have Cast on Damage Taken + whatever socketed into it ? :D
Currently on cruel act 3, my gear is a mess, wanted to get 5L bow or armor to add minion damage to blink arrow, and also put minion damage on my deer stalkers, or is that a bad idea and should leave both skills on deerstalkers?

Also my gear
Spoiler

oh and i got a question about quivers:
having "adds x damage" is a given, but what about the other atributes? can they crit? do they get attack speed from quivers
Or should I just get life/resis.

And do they get increased attack speed from mods on bows?
Last edited by Sammun on Jan 14, 2015, 5:46:36 PM
ty op
Last edited by kongyuyu on Jan 14, 2015, 9:00:55 PM
"
ragbasti wrote:
Just had a weird idea, not sure if you tested it yet:

Since the minions are using your bow, what if you have Cast on Damage Taken + whatever socketed into it ? :D

Does not work (nor does Cast-on-Death).
They use the bow -- they do not use any gems in the bow.
The same is true of gems in shields with Necromantic Aegis, by the way.

---

@Sammun: I'm still using Deerstalkers into the 80s. Getting 2-4Ls in one gear slot is extremely freeing. I would do that all the way into mapping even if I did it over again. It isn't until later that a 5L+ starts to become a real need anyway.

Yes, they get crit chance and attack speed from the quiver. The former isn't great (since they don't have power charges and can't really build crit), the latter is quite good.

Afaict, No, they don't get (base) attack speed off the bow. Use a slow, high damage bow. Infractem too good. :P
I'm now into the 60s and very close to getting my "final" gear. Shadow is working out great!
Switching from Death Harp to Chin Sol was absolutely amazing.
I know you are an advocat of Infractem + Drillneck but unfortunately those are out of my price range and I just happened to have a 5L chin sol in my stash.
I am currently running with all kinds of gear scrambled together from former characters which I played, it worked out rather well and I only had to spend 20 or so chaos orbs to get my resistances decked out.

I've only done a few merciless dock runs so far with the better bow but it wrecks :D
Dropping 12+ minions within seconds and watching the carnage really is satisfying.

I also decided to go with your SRS approach now, finally. Tested SRS vs Trap+Puncture on merciless brutus and SRS jsut seems more reliable. Especially because he kept destroying my traps.
I'm also using a bear trap with culling and iir linked to it, once I get to level 70 I can also have added fire damage in addition to that using the Jaws of Agony.

My current gear + very soon gear
Spoiler

One thing I've been meaning to ask:
How do you deal with mana usage?
I am going through potions like crazy and felt like I'd have to use clarity somehow. I am actually now considering of running clarity + blood magic in addition to anger + hatred + haste, that's the only way I can imagine keeping up with the mana costs of the traps

Lastly: Here is my current tree. beginning to dump everything into life now, until end of cruel I had almost 0% increased life and that showed in merciless :(

This is the rough draft of the final tree Basically the same as yours minus the templar starter
Last edited by ragbasti on Jan 14, 2015, 11:18:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info