[1.3.0] Too Many Clones! -- PvE Templar Archer Summoner

"
ragbasti wrote:
How do you deal with mana usage?

Due to the templar start and Quick Recovery, I have quite a bit of mana regen%.

In addition to that, my mana pool is fairly large by itself. I can regen the mana cost of a trap in the time it takes the trap to recharge (though I do carry a mana flask of staunching for when I need "the big guns" spamming both mirror and blink). I think my amulet has some decent mana regen on it as well, and one or both of my rings has +int and/or +mana.

(Also note that I'm running 4L traps.)

My planned solution is to slot Clarity (possibly with Blood Magic if needed) over something "nice to have" like Convocation and level it appropriately. Failing that, I don't really mind using up a flask slot for mana if that's the button to press during "trap throwing time" and it comes with a nice suffix like staunching or heat.

My nuclear solution is to spec out of a minion life cluster and take the Dreamer cluster and/or Deep Thoughts. Either or both of those should sufficiently hammer the problem away.

---

Re: gear, your gear is nicer than mine is. :P
Infractems are cheap compared to Chin Sols last I checked. (Drillneck isn't though, I agree.)
Last edited by pneuma on Jan 15, 2015, 3:25:02 AM
I was looking at unique chests that might be good for this build and I thought of Bronn's Lithe as well! In addition to the points you mentioned it's also easier to color than Vis Mortis, and quite a bit cheaper :)

I'm currently running level 4 clarity + wrath at level 60. Damage is pretty dang good. Gonna pick up more mana cost reduction and mana regen to hopefully start running anger as well. Alpha's Howl should be a big help.

I'm also planning on doing Flesh Offering + CWDT + EC + IC. Don't really need increased duration in there and will help save some sockets.
Okay, blood macic + clarity really freed up enough mana to be spamming all day long, alot of fun.
Also I can finally try to find a replacement for the cloak of defiance, since I really relied on its mana bonus before since clarity used a flat amount.

For Utility I now have

I'll also be adding cast on damage taken + decoy totem to my gloves, for extra safety

(wrath is being levelled right now)

Turns out, one of the hardest things for me was to get the dex required for my Chin Sol xD
I had to get several +dex gears...
Last edited by ragbasti on Jan 15, 2015, 9:47:32 AM
"
ragbasti wrote:
Turns out, one of the hardest things for me was to get the dex required for my Chin Sol xD
I had to get several +dex gears...

Yeah, for sure. Chin Sol (212) is a real hassle. Even hitting Infractem (170) can be a bit rough.

There should be 2-+30 dex nodes that are "on path", usually. Past that, learn to love rare Jade Amulets and gloves with +dex.
I unless I am finding incredibly amazing gear to replace my amulet and gloves I don't think that it's worth spending the 2 skill points.

I just checked an I have somehow managed to hit 212 exactly xD
Any piece of gear I change now will come with a mojor inconvenience...

PS:
I just found a way to not take clarity, although it would change most of my gear and cost more than I can afford xD
The Immortal Flesch unique belt comes with built-in flat mana regeneration. It would be around the same as a level ~10 clarity, which with regeneration passives is enough.

If only I were rich xD
Last edited by ragbasti on Jan 15, 2015, 1:59:05 PM
2 nodes on the tree aren't that super important to this specific build. Crit builds lose exponential damage if they can't take chance or multi, melee builds can't afford to give up any defenses at all.

As a summoner, you can probably lose a 4% life node and not notice. Or lose a 6% aura effect or trap throwing speed or possibly even minion damage if that +dex allows you to use a much stronger bow which is a huge damage gain.

Also, as you get higher levels, you'll find that after you've gotten "the basics" of this build, it's very free-form on what you can or can't take. My biggest regret was having bad highway pathing at the start and having to burn through all my respec points early on when I wish I had them later to manage gear transitioning. :P
"
pneuma wrote:

Yes, they get crit chance and attack speed from the quiver. The former isn't great (since they don't have power charges and can't really build crit), the latter is quite good.

Afaict, No, they don't get (base) attack speed off the bow. Use a slow, high damage bow. Infractem too good. :P

Thanks for answering, but again, if a bow ahs a mod that increases attack speed, minions won't benefit from it right?

Are there any efficient paths to get clever construction?
Last edited by Sammun on Jan 15, 2015, 3:59:19 PM
"
Sammun wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:

Yes, they get crit chance and attack speed from the quiver. The former isn't great (since they don't have power charges and can't really build crit), the latter is quite good.

Afaict, No, they don't get (base) attack speed off the bow. Use a slow, high damage bow. Infractem too good. :P

Thanks for answering, but again, if a bow ahs a mod that increases attack speed, minions won't benefit from it right?

Are there any efficient paths to get clever construction?

Until I hear from GGG otherwise, base aspd (aspd of bow and any local aspd suffixes on the bow, including stuff like Quill Rain) is not used by the minions at all. Global aspd (such as what they get from Flesh Offering, Haste, Vaal Haste, minion attack speed nodes, and aspd on quivers) still works.

The shadow tree that was posted a few pages back gets Clever Construction fairly efficiently. It is a shadow/witch start, though, and gives up Templar start which includes a fair amount of mana regen and life%.
Hi Op,
How about use some + cold dmg ring with Elemental Equilibrium?
prob can add alot of dmg.
"
kongyuyu wrote:
Hi Op,
How about use some + cold dmg ring with Elemental Equilibrium?
prob can add alot of dmg.

I think I covered EE a few pages back, but yes, EE would be huge.

Run something like RoA + CoH + Eleweak and/or ProjectileWeak, EE on the player with a +1-2 cold damage ring (and no flat fire/light anywhere else, Wrath/Anger have Generosity) and it would be a giant damage boost.

If there are any "big" changes I want to make to the build, it's incorporating EE.
Last edited by pneuma on Jan 15, 2015, 8:55:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info