" The Winter-Arc Crit ": Simple, cheap, safe and high dps 30k+ ( 2.0 updated)

Just wanted to pop in and say that I love the build. Just came back for Torment league after a 6 month break and this helped me break out of the "shoot X aoe spray" builds that were getting boring.

I did end up switching to more of a crit arc build, still using Three Dragons, but dropped Pyre in favor of a second crit ring.

Some observations: I hate casting curses, so Curse on Hit is a necessary set up for me. If you run Three Dragons and Pyre, Curse on Hit will work with Herald of Thunder. If you drop Pyre and keep Three Dragons, Curse on Hit will not work with Herald of Thunder, but it will work with Herald of Ice. Took me awhile to realize, so hopefully that helps out someone else.

Also, a Vaal Stormcall setup is also very good with this build. I run Vaal Stormcall > Concentrated Effect > Spell Echo > Lightning Penetration in a 4 link, but have been thinking about dropping penetration and putting it in a 3 link so that I can put a CWDT setup in a 4-link. Currently running without CWDT (just found one tonight) and things can get hairy when I encounter packs of leapers.

Again, thanks for the build, it has revitalized my enjoyment of POE!
Gear is not conducive to a CWDT right now, so I ended up putting Cast When Stunned > Molten Shell > Frost Wall in a wand to see how that works out. Other recommendations for a 3 link CWS setup appreciated.
Last edited by straglyder on Dec 31, 2014, 10:43:25 PM
i am glad you guys find my build worth playing ^^ , Happy New Year !!!
"
ImJacobXD wrote:
Hello. It's really nice build !

I have some questions about this build.

My Gear and Screenshot with DMG :

I have some questions.

1. What's better ... Lightining Pentration or Add Lightning Damage linked with Arc ? :)

2. What's better ... Conductivity or Assassin's Mark ?

I made some calculate with these two curses :

a) I have 34,6 Critical Strike Chance with 4 Power Charges ( 26007DPS )

It means that 34,6%x432%(my multiplier)= 149,47% - Avr. Damage with Conductivity ( +40% ) = 208% avg. dmg on hit

Conductivity get also % Shock with Lightining Damage ( Is it work like Critical Chance with ARC ? That's mean we've got 14% additional freeze chance ? )

b) with Assassin's Mark I got about 44,6C.Strike Chance .. It's about ( 30500 dps )

So.. 44,6x432% = 198,72% avg.dmg + 40% additional damage from Critical Strike.. It gives 278% avg damage on hit.

Also.. Remember that I've got Romira's ring and I pretty easily get Power Charges !

I don't know that it's correct.

Sorry for my english guys. Thx for answers !

Hey , as far as i can say from my experience i prefer Add Lightning Damage (because at quality you get Chance to Shock) + Assassin's Mark (if you are looking to boost ur crit chance and if you have a decent multiplier it is definitely worth it )
Last edited by daulabuci on Jan 1, 2015, 6:17:51 AM
I'm enjoying the build, I'm kind of noob so I have a noob doubt:

Doom cast obviously applies to this build, but does things liek assasination apply too?

Critical strike chance and critical strike multiplier do not apply in this build only Critical Strike Chance and Multiplier for spells right?

How to use the power charges in this build
"
spospospospo wrote:
I'm enjoying the build, I'm kind of noob so I have a noob doubt:

Doom cast obviously applies to this build, but does things liek assasination apply too?

Critical strike chance and critical strike multiplier do not apply in this build only Critical Strike Chance and Multiplier for spells right?

How to use the power charges in this build

Hey mate! Happy new year!!
Assasination is global critical chance, so it applies, also the nodes around it too.
The thing with the crit is, that "increased Critical Strike Chance" and "increased Critical Strike Multiplier" are counted as global.
Power charges u can get when you kill an enemy cursed by Assasin's mark.
Last edited by challengerx on Jan 1, 2015, 9:13:03 AM
Hey there i just respecced one of my witches to this build and kinda like it so far, just geared it from stash and have 8.2k dps atm so that ain't bad, now sorry if this has been asked before tried reading thread but didnt find it can this be done with a voll's? Kinda dislike cursing and not sure the charge gain from curse would suffice for my playstyle.

i do have quite some currency to blast on it so might just test out myself if u havent.

Also is the life leech gem really needed if u get double catalyst and invitation? might even buy leech ammy and see if it works
This world is an illusion, Exile!
Last edited by Tompos on Jan 1, 2015, 11:16:50 PM
"
Tompos wrote:
Hey there i just respecced one of my witches to this build and kinda like it so far, just geared it from stash and have 8.2k dps atm so that ain't bad, now sorry if this has been asked before tried reading thread but didnt find it can this be done with a voll's? Kinda dislike cursing and not sure the charge gain from curse would suffice for my playstyle.

i do have quite some currency to blast on it so might just test out myself if u havent.

Also is the life leech gem really needed if u get double catalyst and invitation? might even buy leech ammy and see if it works

Assassin's Mark gives plenty of Charges IMO, though I do use a HoL Dual Curse Setup atm.

Using Voll's would work fundamentally, however that would pretty much eliminate your ability to use Arctic Armor and removing much potential Defense aside from that as well.

Also it would still be beneficial for you to keep and use Assassin's Mark as the Crit Chance is Key to this build.

my 2 cents, hope it helps.

tl;dr Hardcore No, Softcore = I still wouldn't, but it's your money. Not very safe.
"
Grownupfun wrote:
"
Tompos wrote:

Assassin's Mark gives plenty of Charges IMO, though I do use a HoL Dual Curse Setup atm.

Using Voll's would work fundamentally, however that would pretty much eliminate your ability to use Arctic Armor and removing much potential Defense aside from that as well.

Also it would still be beneficial for you to keep and use Assassin's Mark as the Crit Chance is Key to this build.

my 2 cents, hope it helps.

tl;dr Hardcore No, Softcore = I still wouldn't, but it's your money. Not very safe.

Thanks for your reply, i just changed some stuff around got double catalyst and voidbringers, running the curse on hit setup now and it looks all good now :)

got around 12k dps tooltip now with way underleveled gems, so its looking pretty nice already :)

my current gear setup is:
Spoiler

note that i run a spell totem in one of my catalysts so i got prolif aswell :)
This world is an illusion, Exile!
Last edited by Tompos on Jan 2, 2015, 10:45:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info