" The Winter-Arc Crit ": Simple, cheap, safe and high dps 30k+ ( 2.0 updated)

Has anyone tried Apex with this build? I've reached lv90 just recently and achieved pretty decent stats overall as a result but I'm reluctant to try it.
"
borek664 wrote:
Has anyone tried Apex with this build? I've reached lv90 just recently and achieved pretty decent stats overall as a result but I'm reluctant to try it.

If you are experienced atziri runner(50++ runs) I think you will have trouble only with trios on this build.
Try and update.
Last edited by challengerx on Jan 2, 2015, 8:01:57 PM
Atm im lvl 81,made some changes to tree in co-work with challengerx,my tree look like this
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcEswVCBx4I9A5IEFgRDxGWE54UsBa_GjgabBvxHwIkqiaVJy8snDI0NsU26TpYQZZEq0bXSVFMLVVLVa5VxlcrXfJfKmHiZJ1o8mpDbRlwUnDVcYV2EX4zfq9-x3_GghCCHoKbg9uIQonTjDaNGY-mj_qQVZUumjudrqIApJGnCKyYrrOxQrmTvYLAGsBUwGbBxcMJzLfQ9dV11abYJNlf2rna3dsL3Yzfit-w4BLhc-Qi5Ozli-kC6-Tr9ew47TzwH_DV8h3-sw==
In next 5-6 levels i will take more life+chaos res nodes,and more crit nodes.Later i`ll maybe respec to get vaal pact.

After some testing i found that doryai`s invitation is a PURE waste in this build.Ok you get 2 nice res and some str bonus,but only good thing about it is 1% light dmg leeched as life,that 30%(at top roll)increased lightining dmg is about 600 dps in my configuration(11k without adn 11.6k with it).For 2ex which is minimal price for lightining doryani`s invitation its a waste.Why?Well you loss a lot of life and chaos res(which can be problem with this build)and there is also a crafting space(possibly).

Also,doryani`s catalyst is (in my opinion,ofc)also a PURE waste.Simply that weapon gives a lot of phys dmg which is useless for us,ok elemental dmg is nice,elemental leech is nice but not enough,crit is low and that uselles phys dmg.For 2.5-3ex its simply not worth.For less currency (1.5-2ex),you can get brutal crit rare wands something like 60%+ spell dmg,100%+ crit chance for spells,30%+ crit multiplier and you`ll also have option to craft 1% lightning dmg leeched as life.

Atm my gear is(didnt have much currency):

I`ll swap Pyre with rare diamond ring,get voidbringer,two rare wands and better belt with similar life/strenght but with chaos res when i get some currency,but first i must login,in last 2 days,only disconnects.
Last edited by djokosrb on Jan 3, 2015, 6:46:26 AM
is static blows worth it or 3 points better spent else where?
Any defensive mechanic besides Artic armour? I ran out of mana everytime , having a hard time

Eldrich battery is mandatory? Won't make you squishy?
Cloak of Defiance and CWDT-IC combo is what I use along with lv18 AA.
So what tree to do we follow since there are two posted? Which is most optimized?
How does everyone keep up their Artic Armor without a bunch of jewlery with mana regen on it. Even with all the passive nodes and clarity lvled up pretty well(Not 20 yet) I still can't get artic armor to lvl 19 without it just ravaging my mana pool when I walk anywhere?

Aside from that the build is going pretty well. Need a few key items to boost the DPS up but currently sitting at 12-14k DPS at lvl 78. a 6 link would boost my dps tremendously however its waaay out of my price range.

Also do you find the lighting pen helps the dps more so then Arc, Crit, Spell Echo, Added dmg, life leach

or

Arc, Crit, Spell Echo, Fastcast, life leech?
"
borek664 wrote:

So I tried Apex for first time on this char and got to Atziri with 3 portals left and then failed. Died once on double Vaals and three times on trio probably because I left the cycloner guy as last and couldn't really handle chaos degen spreading everywhere on top of constant CB stacks from his attacks.

Build is perfectly capable of doing whole runs which proves the fact that I've reached Atziri herself completely unprepared (that is no resistance flasks, one flask with "Remove Bleeding" mod etc.). You would just need few swaps of gems here and there, maybe add Saffell and/or one of purities for Vaals/Atziri.

I won't be trying Apex again on this character since I can safely do whole speed runs on my buzzsaw Scion but it was a good measuring test for build's capabilities with which I'm satisfied.
"
rustypipe wrote:
How does everyone keep up their Artic Armor without a bunch of jewlery with mana regen on it. Even with all the passive nodes and clarity lvled up pretty well(Not 20 yet) I still can't get artic armor to lvl 19 without it just ravaging my mana pool when I walk anywhere?

Aside from that the build is going pretty well. Need a few key items to boost the DPS up but currently sitting at 12-14k DPS at lvl 78. a 6 link would boost my dps tremendously however its waaay out of my price range.

Also do you find the lighting pen helps the dps more so then Arc, Crit, Spell Echo, Added dmg, life leach

or

Arc, Crit, Spell Echo, Fastcast, life leech?

I'm kinda in the same boat as you. I had to stop my Artic Armour at lvl 13 as it was reducing my mana. I'm right at a break-point with regen/consumption at lvl 13 where it does go down but very very slowly.

I play softcore mostly so deaths don't bother me too much. Found teleporting (lightning warp) most of time.... doesn't affect the mana at all. Great to use for normal farming.

I do run Clarity for some regen. Mine is currently lvl 17 with +21 mana/sec but don't have any gear really with any mana regen on it.

I have a 5link chest and have been running ARC/SPELL-ECHO/LIFE-LEECH/ADDED-LIGHTNING-DAMAGE/INCREASED-CRIT-DMG. I'm thinking of switching out the added-lightning-damage for Faster Casting and moving gems around kinda like Tompos (page 14 of this post) has setup. right now I just use 2 gems for totem and this way I can use the added lightning dmg onto the totem itself.

Looking here in this post at people's gear I don't see a lot of "mana regen" on the gear itself... so either they have a huge mana pool or not sure how they are keeping up with artic armor sucking the mana down so quickly

I hope they can shed some light on this as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info